Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 94 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 07-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

I'm 11 weeks out now and still no HRT. I feel like a rusty engine that needs oil. I had my surgery on 4/23/07. I thought the hot flashes were bad before. That is nothing compared to now. Now the sweat just pours off me and I am always having to change clothes. While it's great not to have a period, I feel like I've traded one problem for another. I'm still going to try and find something that is non HRT to help me through the rough times, but I have to be realistic that there might not be anything that works. Got the night sweats bad now. I woke up at 5am this morning with the sheets soaking. I always take showers and wash my hair, but when the sweat comes you'd never know I wash up all the time. I wish I could see into the future and get an idea of how long this misery will last. I thought I'd feel so much better after the surgery like so many others have, but it's not going to happen. It's embarrassing when you take a shower and then go out and have hot flashes and are dripping sweat and it looks like you just came from the gym.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2007, 03:59 PM

Sorry to hear you're still searching Robin

I would check with your doctor to see if there are any herbal remedies you shouldn't take, then get yourself to a natural herb shop and have a consultation with someone there. I have used herbs for treating a number of ailments with great success. There's lots of info on this site as well as other resources on the internet too. I can totally identify with the drenching sweats. I had those too -about 5 times an hour. Find out what you CAN take and see if it works. There's got to be something out there for you so you don't have to be so miserable.

Tracy
Unread 07-12-2007, 07:39 PM

tracy
no hrt,i feel okay, i still have the insomnia, some hot flashes, and this peeing thing at nite drives me nuts, they did a urine culture and it was negative, so gyn told me to call pcp, so one of these days when i get a minute i will call, we are so busy at work i cant even do it there,,,,,
robin i could not have said it better, feeling like a rusty engine that needs oiled,,,,i feel the same way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2007, 07:54 PM

Hi,
How is everyone doing? This site was wonderful during our recovery time but it looks like weve all gotten really busy over the summer mos. I am not on any hrt, I have been feeling pretty good. After a total hysterectomy I thought my tummy would decrease at least a little bit in size but it sure hasn't! Guess thats where the diet and exercise comes in! Feels good to be able to do things around the house again! Take care all and post when u can.
Unread 07-20-2007, 08:07 PM

Hi TeTe and all!

Summer does get us all away from our computers, doesn't it? It's great that we're all doing well enough not to be searching for comfort and answers to the scary questions anymore. It seems like all this was a lifetime ago, and it really wasn't so far back. Funny how time flies - and heals all wounds Perhaps as the colder months sneak back in on us, we'll be more active on the board again. I hope everyone is enjoying the season.

Tracy
Unread 07-20-2007, 08:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am doing fine. Still not taking HRT. But now that I've been given the green light so I can take it, I'm so used to not taking it that I have to think about it first. Hot Flashes and night sweats are still there, though mostly on nights like this when the humidity is high. And I'm still on iron. My last test showed I'm still anemic, so I started up the iron pills again. I just hope it's not going to be permanent. My swelly belly is still there also. Personally, I don't think it's going to go away any time soon. I wasn't fat before the surgery, but I wasn't skinny either. The only way I'm going to lose the belly is to eat less and exercise more.

I really miss the closeness we all developed when we first all met and went through our various stages of worry and problems. Back in those days I think I would spend the better part of the day on this website. Now a days I only see a few familiar names. My incision healed well. I still get twinges of pain where my ovaries used to be. But nothing I can't take. The insomnia is still with me. I had a difficult time sleeping in the hospital also. Other than that, I can't complain. I got up the nerve to throw out all my pads. I very seldom think of the surgery anymore, except how nice the nurses were to me. Didn't see much of the drs. I agree with Tracy. It seems like a lifetime ago since we were all getting ready for the surgery. Now it's just a memory, but the friendships we made will last forever. Even when we don't have time to post. Except for the tiredness, I don't even feel like I ever had surgery. But when I was waiting for the surgery I was scared out of my wits. I wish I had known then that it wasn't going to be even half as bad as I thought.

Hope everyone stays well. And keep in touch.
Unread 07-21-2007, 07:17 AM

Hi Everyone........

I agree with all of you that it seems we have gotten busy.......I know I would be on the computer more but am playing host to my niece that has been here since July 4th and she leaves Aug1st.
I think I am doing pretty well.......iI go back to DR Aug 7th so assume she will release me then ?? I am still careful and of course am NOT suppose to lift but sometimes find myself in situations when I ahve to carry the grocery bag etc to get it into the house.
We have a small trip planned for AUg 24th to San DIego so am looking forward to that and the cool weather and hope to be able to walk around more. We were suppose to go this weekend but with her here and some other business issues we pushed it to AUg so I am looking for that day to come soon!!
My twinges of pain are pretty much gone but every once in a while I will get one.

It is still hard for me to believe that this is all over and I am 12 weeks out.......
I thank the lord for my good Dr I had and basically no major complications except a bladder infection!!

Hugsss to everyone
Kathi
Unread 07-21-2007, 07:39 AM

Hi Kathi!

I'm so jealous of your trip to San Diego! It's my favorite vacation spot. You have to go to a restaurant called "The Strip Club" in the gas lamp district. The side dishes are all served family style, then your meat comes to you raw (wrapped in saran), and you cook it on a grill by the table. It's delicious, they have wonderful drinks, and the atmosphere is great. We usually stay at the Hilton right on the bay. Ahhhhh... Every time I think about it, I relax. Take me with you!!!!
Unread 07-21-2007, 07:40 AM

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to relate a hyster story. I have a friend from high school that was diagnosed with fibroids 6 years ago, but has not wanted to have a hyterectomy. After seeing how well my recovery went she went in to get her fibroid huge fibroid reevaluated. She decided that she did indeed need surgery since the MRI she had showed the fibroid was degenerating. On July 2nd she has a hysterectomy where is was discovered that she never had a fibroid, but she did have a very rare, but agressive cancer that was in stage 3. Now she is scheduled for chemo treatment, since her tumor bled out in surgery and the cancer she has is spread through the blood rather than the lymph nodes like most cancers.

So tell any sisters you know to not fear a hysterectomy, and that all fibroids are not benign.

to all.
Unread 07-21-2007, 08:15 AM

I still have my lap top here in the kitchen so I tend to take quick peaks on hystersister during breakfast or after dinner. I try to answer other ladies who need info or advice. It meant so much to me when ladies took time to answer my concerns.
Yes, we certainly have moved on. I enjoyed talking to everyone too but now with the surgery behind us sometimes I just have nothing to say. We need to find some new topics. HMmmm- politics - that might get us going. Just kidding.
I am doing well. I still get numbness, pulling and stinging around my incision like some of you. I notice it more when I clean the house, carry heavy things or sometimes when I sit for a longer period of time.

Have a great weekend. We are leaving for a camping trip so no internet for A WHOLE WEEK.

Tina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register