Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 96 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 08-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

I always had thick hair. Last time I had it cut, the woman told me my hair was thinning out, but this was before I had the hysterectomy. She also told me I had a lot of grey hair. Gee, I'm only 45. I thought you didn't get grey hair until your 70's. Guess when it gets too grey I'll have to dye it. I'll never be on HRT so I can't count on that. What a bummer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 09:19 AM

Hi Gals,
Busy here as well. No major hot flashes but my tolerance to heat is less. Insomnia has reared its head. It really bothers DH. He is a morning person. I'm a night. He's feeling very unwanted/unneeded/uncuddled as I'm staying up til 3-4am. He gets up at 6am. Couple of bouts of insomnia started this cycle. I have to get this resolved and soon. Guess I'll try Tylenol PM for a few days.
Other things going on right now for me are planning for the school year and planning a Disney World trip in the first part of Dec. Lesson plans are 2/3 done. I'm using Core Knowledge books this year as DS and I both need the structure. I'm a week into planning for DW. This will be a first trip for DS and I. DH was there as a preteen. We've got the Unoffical Guide and the Complete Guide. Have narrowed down the trip to 12/1-12/8 or 12/8-12/15. We want to stay at one of the Epcot Resorts because of the central location. I've started regularly walking on the treadmill. Am going to work up to 5 miles a day so that I will be ok for DW.
That's what's going on in my neck of the woods.

Hugs,
Crystal
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:45 AM

I have been loosing a lot of hair too. I can see a lot of new growth when I lift up my hair. I was on a high estrogen birthcontrol pill before surgery to help with the bleeding (didn't really do much) and one of the side effect is loosing hair when you stop. I had it happen before and the hairloss lasted over a month. It helps if you keep you hair shorter and have it cut more often.
I am doing ok. Enjoying the Summer. It is flying by.
I have been doing a lot of walking and have also started swimming. I am doing ok but I still feel the stinging and pulling around the incision. It definitely gets worse when I try to do situps. I know it might hurt for a long time. I have read about it on other threads. OH, well. I am still loving my "new" life.

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingdragon
Hi Gals,
Busy here as well. No major hot flashes but my tolerance to heat is less. Insomnia has reared its head. It really bothers DH. He is a morning person. I'm a night. He's feeling very unwanted/unneeded/uncuddled as I'm staying up til 3-4am. He gets up at 6am. Couple of bouts of insomnia started this cycle. I have to get this resolved and soon. Guess I'll try Tylenol PM for a few days.
Other things going on right now for me are planning for the school year and planning a Disney World trip in the first part of Dec. Lesson plans are 2/3 done. I'm using Core Knowledge books this year as DS and I both need the structure. I'm a week into planning for DW. This will be a first trip for DS and I. DH was there as a preteen. We've got the Unoffical Guide and the Complete Guide. Have narrowed down the trip to 12/1-12/8 or 12/8-12/15. We want to stay at one of the Epcot Resorts because of the central location. I've started regularly walking on the treadmill. Am going to work up to 5 miles a day so that I will be ok for DW.
That's what's going on in my neck of the woods.

Hugs,
Crystal

Hi Crystal,

It's been so hot here lately and the hot flashes are really bothering me. I'm hot most of the time and I still don't sleep well since the surgery. I'd give anything for a good night's sleep. I won't be going on HRT so now I hear that lack of estrogen causes hair loss. Wow, didn't know that the operation would cause all these problems. These days you can usually find me sitting in front of a fan or an AC. I toss and turn all night also and I'm so tired of it. I'd give anything for just one night's peaceful sleep. I've been havinga toothace and need a root canal, but they can't do it right away, so I have to put up with that pain also.

You are going to love DW. I was there back in 1984, when they were just finishing Epcot. Of course I know that now they have so much more there. I was in FLA for a week and because DW is so large, I only got to see about half of DW. Be prepared for LOTS of walking. You might want to carry a water bottle around with you. It should be nice weather when you go. When I went, it was the middle of August and hot as heck. But it was the only time I could get off of work. I thought DW was wonderful. There is a parade every night, and fireworks. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. I was awestruck when I first saw it. I loved Epcot too. I also went to SeaWorld, Cypress Gardens, Busch Gardens. And the FLA flea market. I wish I could have stayed for 2 weeks because there just isn't enough time in 1 week. Even though I had a great time, when it was time to come home I was happy because I was so hot and exhausted from walking in all that heat. Hope you have a good time.

Are you planning on going to Lake Buena Vista? It is awesome. They have this huge riverboat that is all white, but it's white tie and tails to get in, so I didn't go in. It's beautiful at night, all lit up. I went in the gift shop and bought a Minnie Mouse music box. I still have it. And I also ended up spending more money than I had planned. But that always happens.

Oh, a word of warning. You know how they say "don't drink the water?" Well, it's true. I drank some water at one of the places, can't remember which, and I was so sick the next day. I lived in the bathroom until it passed. So you might want to be careful about what you drink. Other than that, I had a great time and wish I could go back but I doubt that it will ever happen. There is a wax museum across from SeaWorld and that was really cool. I took tons of pictures of everything at DW. Bought lots of t shirts too. I think I bought a t shirt at every place I stopped at. The mono rail goes right through the hotel at DW. That was fun.

I wanted to stay at a place near Disney, but couldn't afford it so I stayed at one of those Comfort Inns and took the bus to DW each morning and took the bus back at night. I went with a group, so everything was arranged. I didn't have to do anything.

Helti-Good to see you too. I see so few people posting these days, especially the ones that had their surgeries when we had ours.

The surgery seems to long ago, like another lifetime. My scar healed well. It's still red, but that's it. Seems like our little group kind of fell apart now that everyone is busy because it's summer. I remember before the surgery when we would post to each other at least three times a day, if not more.

It's good to see some familiar names posting again.

Robin
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:15 PM

I also love Mickey! Staying in Disney is the best. A little more expensive but the perks are worth it. You'll have a great time. Get the length of stay pass and you can come and go to all parks and water parks as much as you want. do at least one water park, they're a blast and any time of the month is good for you now! I bought the cutest pair of white capris and wear them often. Pretty much back to normal here, I put on about 5 pounds of the 14 I lost and my scar is pulling a bit. I'm trying to be conciensious about not gaining more. Worked a double shift one day this week and it almost killed me. Took me 3 days to recover from the exhaustion. They almost made me do another one today, but they found a replacement thank god. It's hot hot hot here this week but I'm enjoying every minute of it. I HATE the cold sooooo much. Anwyay, hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer and may your AC run full blast during those flashes!
Unread 08-12-2007, 09:49 AM

Well I have taken my big jump into the forties. I turned 40 yesterday and just can't believe it. I do not feel forty. I remember when my parents were around this age. They were old.
But of course 40 is not old at all, right???
I hope everyone is doing well and continue to enjoy the warmth of Summer.

Tina
Unread 08-12-2007, 12:12 PM

Hi Gals,
Still doing the DW planning. Bought the flight tickets and paid the deposit on the vacation package. We are going for 10day - 8 days in the parks as the flight in arrives in late afternoon and the flight home leaves mid morning. We're splurging and staying at the Beach Club right next to Epcot. We're just going to DW this time. We have the passes + all the add ons so can go anywhere at anytime. We need flexibility as DH and DS wear out in crowds. DS gets overwelhmed if too much happens in a day. So we are really planning key rides/shows with lots of time for decompression back at the resort that has a waterpark all to itself.
I've started a beach bag of stuff for DW. With great satisfaction I walked by the necessities isle thinking all the time, "I don't have to buy those, I don't have to buy those!" I have picked up travel sizes of toothpaste, shampoo, tums, etc. Also, bought some of those mesh fold-up laundry totes so dirty clothes won't be laying in a pile on the floor at the hotel.
Research says to plan on 7 miles walking per day so have upped my goal to 7-10 miles a day on the treadmill. I'm up to 1.5 mph comfortable walking speed and will up it to 2 mph tomorrow. Doesn't appear to bring on a significant increase in swelly belly. Swelling in my feet has gone down as well.
My mom is having the angioplasty on Wed. So she was happy to hear that I am walking daily. Doing as she says not as she does.
Starting DS back to school a week from tomorrow. Think I'm in pretty good shape there.
Yep, have seen a slight increase in hair loss on my head. Wish I could loose the beard hair. DS thinks it is funny that Mom shaves and Dad doesn't. I used to wax but hated to wait for the hair to grow out long enough. I have fair skin so those dark hair just light up.

Hugs,
Crystal
Unread 08-12-2007, 12:17 PM

Tina,

Happy Birthday!!! Your as young as you feel. Keep working hard to maintain your health and you will never feel your age.
Unread 08-12-2007, 03:35 PM

Hi EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see we are all still around and doing OK for the most part !!!!!!!!!

I havent been around very much as I had my niece here for a month.........(unexpectedly) she just left AUg 1st. As much as I love her I have to say that it is wonderful to be back alone with just hubby and I !!!

Yes........it is HOT here.......a low for us right now is 103 and it runs about 110-117 every day......and if we get humidity it is unbearable.

Had to postpone our San DIego trip due to niece being here so now we are going 8-24 so am sure looking forward to the cool air. One more week to go !
Thinking of planning a Hawaii trip for Xmas but still just "thinking ' of it....so much $$$.
Had my appt with Gyno Dr/surgeon last MOnday.......finally after 14 weeks I got released !!!!! SHe said still No heavy lifting .......just ease back into everything slowly. She said full recovery is ONE year !!!!!
I am doing OK on the premarin I guess...0.625.......of course it is so hot here I dont know difference between hot flash or just HOT !!!!!
Actually I am feeling pretty good so Hooooooray

I ma glad everyone is having a good summer and feeling good other than the hot flashes etc.

Hugssssssssss
Kathi
Unread 08-14-2007, 08:18 PM

Hey Ladies!!!

It's less than two weeks till we send our son off to college, and then I head back to work to start another school year of my own. The woman I've worked with for the last 12 1/2 years has resigned and my heart is broken. We had a wonderful marriage in the classroom and could finish each other's thoughts. We laughed every day, and it was enjoyable to get up every morning knowing what was ahead. Now I'm having panic attacks thinking about the unknown. It's kind of like that pre-op feeling. I don't like it! My in-laws returned to Florida on August 7th after a 3+ month stay. It's nice to have my house back, but there's a definite empty space in my home. (if that makes any sense)?

Crystal, I hope your Disney trip is a blast! Do yourself a favor and skip Lilo & Stitch. That one's as dumb as a stump.

Tina, I'm still having the pulling and tingling feeling around my incision too. Glad I'm not the only one

Kathi, I hope you haven't melted in that crazy heat!!! That's way more than I could handle!

Robin, I hope you're surviving the hot flashes. At least this week we have a break from the extreme heat we had last week.

And Scarecrow, I think I'll miss you the most. -I just reread my post and thought it was starting to sound like the Wizard of Oz. HEE HEE. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, click your heals three times and say there's no place like home.

xoxo to all!
Tracy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register