Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 - Page 99 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Unread 04-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 23-Apr 30,2007

Hello everyone. I've missed you all so much. Today is my one year anniversary too. I can't believe time has gone by so fast. I spent most of the time thinking back to that day. The best thing that ever happened to me when I found out I needed a hysterectomy was finding this website. It is awesome. Everyone was so helpful in calming my fears. I had so much support before and after my surgery. This is a wonderful site and I'm happy to see everyone here. It was a bittersweet day for me. We had all talked so much before the surgeries, and then when things went back to normal we all sort of parted ways. I guess that is the way it is supposed to be. But I made some wonderful friends that I wouldn't trade anything for. Let's all promise to keep in touch. It would be great if we had our own chatroom. I still can't believe it's been an entire year!!!! Most days now I forget I even had surgery, except when my moods kick in. Then I remember.

It's great being home again.

Robin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 11:16 PM

I take 1 mg of estradiol, and it keeps those hot flashes pretty much under control. I'm still kind of heat sensitive, though. All in all, a pretty fair trade off!
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:01 AM

HI EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One year ago has been on my mind VERY heavy the past few days and then I got these messages !! It is soooo good to see everyone and hear how everyone is doing. My one year is 4-26 (like Tracy !!) It was a long recovery for me it seemed but I didnt have any MAJOR problems other than health issues i already had going on which my Dr said would make my recovery slower "Lupus". I did get a bladder infection I had to deal with. I saw my Dr in January and she was elated at how well I have done and she has me on the lowest dose of premarin of 0.625 which I guess I am doing OK on.
I DO worry about taking it but dont know of any other options so will discuss with her when I see her again.
I am just thankful for what a wonderful surgeon I had. My scar is very light and pretty smooth to the touch but I "DID" keep slathering on a special cream. I "STILL" am careful in lifting anything extremely heavy though.
I have also in-corporated flax seed oil caps & fish oil caps and some whole food vitamins and cranberry pills into my diet and this has really helped me I think.
I have had some hair problems with MAJOR breakage and I mean "MAJOR so I dont know what that is about. I did ask my Dr and her comment was "Your WHOLE BODY went through a VERY traumatic experience !

About 3 months ago I started having some major problems and pain with my lower intestines. When I had the colonoscopy before surgery it was determined I had diverticulitis so I ended up back at the GI Dr in Feb 08.
I have really in-corporated fiber EVERYDAY into my diet along with "Activia" and that has helped tremendously. I have also had to lay off eating certain Mexican food. It seems I might have it under control and not had an attack in a few weeks now so have not had to take the special med the GI dr gave me !

I am thankful it is over and dont miss any of the extreme bleeding and $$ for the army of pads, tampons etc.

I am VERY thankful for this board that I found previous to the surgery and to the support and info I received.........but most of all for the special friends I met here !!!

Yes.......I want to keep in touch. We tried to do this once before but like someone said it seems we all have gotten busy and drift off.

Hugssss to each of you !

Kathi

4-26-07 TAH/BSO Vertical incision (due to MAJOR fibroids)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 12:04 PM

Hi Ladies,

I thought my anniversary was on the 29th ,but after reading these posts I think I have the date wrong,must have been around the 24th.

Yes, it has been a quick year and I too have gained some weight though probably due to lack of exercise!

I have been suffering on and off pain on my lower right side. Kept thinking it was due to healing. Eventually went back to the gyn who sent me to a GI doc. Had a colonoscopy yesterday and all looks good. She is sending me for a CAT scan next week just to make sure. Probable cause of the pain is Irritable Bowel.

Glad to hear everyone is well,
Eleanor
Unread 04-24-2008, 01:34 PM

Hi Everyone,

My 1 year anniversaryis tomorrow, April 25th. I am so glad I had the hysterectomy, but even more so since I had all of you to compare notes with, discuss concerns, and doctor recommedations. I have referred many women to this site in the past year who were contemplating or decided to have a hysterectomy. I hope they all have the wonderful community that we have. Thanks to all of you for helping me through a big event in my life, it made all the difference!
Free from Periods and lovin' it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat
Unread 04-24-2008, 05:44 PM
hi

hi helti
how are u? this is barb,,,,,my anniversary is coming up also 4-26-07, and im glad i found this site also, it helped thru my recovery , and it was nice to have someone to understand the things i was going thru, and i also made some good friends,
this is a great site thanks hystersisters for being here,
Barb
Unread 04-24-2008, 10:05 PM

Hi,everyone!
My anniversary is tomorrow 4/25. I had my up and downs .My problem is that I have developed a severe case of vaginal dryness. I kept my ovaries so I didn't want to use any hormones ,finally recently my doctor convinced me to use Vagifem and I feel much better now. I would like to hear from other people that are using Vagifem.
Thanks again for all the support that all of you gave me during those scary days one year ago.
Unread 04-25-2008, 02:09 PM
hi

i have had some vaginal dryness but i just used k-y and it seems okay, not on any hrt, which i cant understand, my dr said no, and i guess since im doing okay that is why, is anyone else not on hrt?. hard to belive it has been a year, i was so scared and i thank goodness for hystersisters , i would hve never been able to have gone thru my recorvery without this site,
take care
barb
Unread 04-25-2008, 03:12 PM

Hi all,
I couldn't really believe it's bee a year tomorrow for me since my surgery. I got the post and had to look at last years calander. I was one of the ones who ended up having chemo. Ovarian borderline tumors with cell in the wash. Low mag. non invasisve. I have my 6 month dr's appointment on the 30th. I have felt really good. I had gone into the dr to have my bladder pulled up.
I went to a horse clinic for a week last July. 9 weeks post op. My friend saddled my horse but I rode. Just didn't feel like doing to much while going thru the chemo. But have been back in the saddle again this year. We have a week long clinic planned for the middle of May.

Hormones. I started with the premarin the dr perscribed and then went to bio identical. I have been on Therasyl since Dec. My dr didn't think I needed the bio but I did what I wanted to do. I own two former PMU mares (horses) that were used make premarin. Still have vaginal dryness and use ID Glide. I think it is smoother and not as tacky as KY.

I am glad to hear everyone is doing so well. This site was so much help to me especially when I couldn't sleep at night because I was so scared. I had never had surgery before and never been in a hosp except for having my children. I enjoyed the company and all the posts everyone wrote.
I have also recommended this site to others who have been faced with the same thing.
There are alot of understanding women here who share the same feelings.

My end result: I CAN JUMP ON THE TRAMPOLINE AND TROT MY HORSE AND NOT PEE MY PANTS!!!!!!!!
YAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Love to all.. Kris
Unread 04-25-2008, 05:39 PM

Sooo good to hear from everyone. Before I wrote my first post this week I was trying to remember everyone. I just could only remember Luvs2quilt. How are you Luvs2quilt? I saw your post. Did you ever get your hormone issues figured out?

As I am reading the posts many names now come back to me. So great to hear from everyone. I remember many of you were having hormone problems and were discussing options quite a bit. Did you all get the issues solved?

One of you mentioned problems with your hair after surgery. I lost a lot of hair after the surgery and by Sept. I decided to go to the doc. I had a lot of tests but everything was normal. They also told me it was due to stress on the body during and after surgery. My hair loss finally stopped in Oct.

I have worked hard a getting back into shape. I was really amazed how long it took to strengthen the stomach muscles again.

In Nov. I had foot surgery so I ended up with 2 surgeries in one year. (Never had any surgeries before. Had never even been to the hospital before) So 2007 was the year of surgeries for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register