Too Easy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Too Easy

I don't mean for this post to be hurtful to those suffering from the after effects of their surgeries..you really do have my heartfelt best wishes for a speedy recovery. For me, though, this has been the easiest surgery ever. I had LSH on 4/18 and home on 4/19. Never needed pain meds. As a matter of fact, I asked them to stop the IV basal dose as it was making me sick. No meds. Not even a tylenol. Nothing. I feel better than I have felt in months. I have tons of energy. I have no pain. I do tire easily but I have enough sense to rest when necessary. The problem becomes, my doctor won't allow me to do anything, except take walks, for two weeks. I called today and begged. No dice. Nothing for two weeks. I am going to loose my mind!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Too Easy

I'm having the same thing tomorrow. Keep us updated.
Did you need any repair work done?
Unread 04-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Too Easy

No repair work that I know of...really haven't talked to the dr. I know he told me my uterus was supposed to be pear sized and mine was the size of a basketball. Left one ovary. I can honestly tell you, I have not even had a twinge of pain. Make sure you do the bowel prep and clear liquids for 24 hours. I think that really helped. I don't even have the gas pains everyone else talks about. I hope yours goes just as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Too Easy

I am glad you are doing well! That is great!

Eventhough you are not having pain, you still had a major surgery and your body needs time to heal. I had major complications but no pain. Pain does not necessarily indicate that everything is healed and doing well. It still takes time. You only have one chance to heal right the first time so you want to make the most of it! You sure don't want a set back so you then feel horrible!

I wish you the best for your recovery and hope you are able to find fun, time consuming tasks you can do while resting! Knitting, computer games, reading, letter writing, etc. might be helpful! I know my mother learned to knit while recovering from her hyst and made an entire afghan! Her doctor had told her if she got up for any reason she would spend 6 weeks in the hospital!

in there! Your two weeks will be over before you know it!
Unread 04-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Too Easy

I agree, I has this surgery Feb 1st uterus only and I totally agree very easy surgery and recovery. No pain, no pain meds and no gas for me either ! This surgery was as easy as my D & C's !
Unread 04-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Too Easy

runningscared..I am so appreciative of your response. I was very hesitant to post my experience because I don't want to offend anyone. I am thankful for the way mine has progressed...I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all. It's just that I am gonna loose my mind for two weeks!
Unread 04-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Too Easy

I too had the LSH. Kep cervix and both ovaries. Was very surprised on how quickly I have bounced back. Very little gas pains, hardly any pain meds after surgery. In recovery when asked about pain level I honestly had to say that I had none. I don't think you will offend anyone, just make those in waiting having LSH feel much better with their choice. I do have to agree Weiser though. Even though we feel really good we must remember that the "insides" take just as long to heal as everyone else. Enjoy your few weeks to relax and don;t overdo it or there could be some problems down the road. Listen to your body and rest when needed. I work from home so from about day 3 post op I could keep myself occupied with working for a few hours and then resting a while. Good luck with healing.
Unread 04-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Too Easy

I did not want to offend anyone either but I thought it would shed some light on those who were waiting for the same type of surgery ! Good luck on your speedy recovery !
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Too Easy

Just remember, even if you feel great - your body has been through a major trauma and you must get plenty of rest and pamper yourself. I know how you feel - at 4 weeks post-op (TAH/BSO) I was finally feeling like doing something - so I sent DD out for fabric, thread and patterns and I made my niece 7 sundresses and her Easter dress. Then I sent DD out again for socks and I made her fancy socks to match each dress. Needless to say, my sister is very happy It was great to do something productive and creative.

I had loaded up on books and other activities, but they did not interest me. I wanted to DO something.

Today, at 11 weeks post-op, I am gonna work in my yard (no raking or digging) and enjoy the fact that Spring has finally arrived in Virginia!

Mary Beth
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Too Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowspro
Just remember, even if you feel great - your body has been through a major trauma and you must get plenty of rest and pamper yourself. I know how you feel - at 4 weeks post-op (TAH/BSO) I was finally feeling like doing something - so I sent DD out for fabric, thread and patterns and I made my niece 7 sundresses and her Easter dress. Then I sent DD out again for socks and I made her fancy socks to match each dress. Needless to say, my sister is very happy It was great to do something productive and creative.

I had loaded up on books and other activities, but they did not interest me. I wanted to DO something.

Today, at 11 weeks post-op, I am gonna work in my yard (no raking or digging) and enjoy the fact that Spring has finally arrived in Virginia!

Mary Beth
I'm impressed, I wish I could sew. I envy people who can sew.

Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register