Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Unread 05-12-2007, 12:13 AM
TAH May 4 2007

I had my hysterectomy a week ago today. I kept my ovaries and lost one falopian tube. My uterus was the size of a 5 month fetus. The pathology showed that I had benign fibroid tumors in my uterus. I am still having gas pains. I wish I had taken the time to lose weight before my surgery. Waiting for swelling to go down. Thanks for your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

So I got the staples out and I felt so much better yesterday. I don't have to go back til June and I can drive starting monday. However, because I felt so good after getting out the staples, I thought I could do whatever I wanted w/in limits.....WRONG. I walked the 500 yrds. to my mom's house and back twice, went to post office and bank w/her, decided to go upstairs and actually do my hair using hairdryer, and agreed to go to a housewares party with a friend....so I had to go back upstairs (even though I already did it twice, once to shower before dr. visit) so I could change into something presentable and less pj-ish. At the party, there was tons of food, so I ate it all. Then I persisted to climb the stairs of the deck numerous times, and carry a crying infant. I was screaming in pain by 9:30 last night. My insides were all tender, my stomach was bloated, my thighs were on fire, and my back was broke. So, still thinking I was gonna pull through, I decided to sleep in my bed, which was upstairs....so up I went again after popping some meds. Hey, there's my DH, boy did I miss him....boy does he move alot in his sleep. I was so worried he was gonna accidentally hit me, I could barely sleep, and so, down the stairs I go at about 2:30. Up til 3:30 with gas pains from the buffalo-wing dip. DH up at 4:30 to go to work (overtime to make up for lousy disability), DD up at 6:30 cause it's Saturday? She wanted to get an early start to the weekend. So here I sit, black caterpillars asleep under my eyes, hot air balloons aflight in my belly, and "incisions of fire" playing in the background. Just a warning to all of you....I read the messages, and didn't take heed. Thanks for listening, and hope you are all still doing well. I love reading all the support!!!
Unread 05-12-2007, 07:53 AM

Surgery was 10 days ago. I actually feel GREAT..cautious about the food intake, keeping gassy foods off limits and sticking to a softer diet. The pre -op fleet brought out onknown hemroids and I don't need anymore irritation down there. Last night my Pastor brought over two pizzas. DH loved them I resisted until later and ate a pepperioni slice... OMG....Went back on the pain meds and extra gas stuff. My Dr. was very serious about bed rest and internal healing. Girls remember the inside heals slower than the outside. We are given 6 weeks for a reason. I see Dr. every week for 6 weeks and he will not release me to drive until week 3. IF there is an accident we have to deal with repairing all the good work they did. PLease re-learn to be kind to yourself and gentle. I am 50 and a friend brought over coloring books and crayons.. don't have to try to read a book and watch boring movies....I forgot how relaxing coloring is. I live in the Fla Keys and the Tropical Storm brought in northern birds everywhere,, So just being outside watching nature is a gift also.
Peace to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Day 9 Post-op

Hi! To all that responded to my questions regarding crying. It has gotten better. I am so relieved for it. I, too, keep the ac as low as my hubbins will tolerate (he will just have to get over it) I am soooh looking forward to the date that would have been my period. It will be so weird for it to be that time and not have it! I had a ceremony when I gave my bf all the monthly equipment that I wasn't gonna need anymore looking forward to no pain, no having to plan around "it", etc. I am wearing a happy face today. For all the princesses that are recovering, I pray for a healthy and speedy recovery. For all that are pre-op, I pray that God surrounds you in comfort.
For all that respond to my questions, a sincere thankyou! Poohtie
Unread 05-12-2007, 11:10 AM

8 days postop and I'm feeling better than I was a few days ago. Gets better every day, but it still isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I'm infamous for that though LOL. I'm trying to get off of the vicodin, down to taking it every 6-8hrs, but I can't find anything else that works. Doc gave me 800mg Motrin but that's what I was taking for the endo pain before surgery and now it isn't helping at all. I'm wondering if I built up a tolerance to it, if thats possible. Yesterday i went to the store... did a lot of walking and was pretty sore but it was tolerable. BMs are still a little hard so I'm taking my softener... makes it easier. Overall I'd say I'm not doing too bad; I'm making it. I'm looking forward to getting better with each passing day.

Hope everyone is doing better each day
Unread 05-12-2007, 02:51 PM

Hey Sisters! 10 days post-op here. I'm doing pretty good, cross-my fingers I might actually be getting over a servere case of hemmoroids. One question, I feel kind of pressure or me baring down type feeling down there. Has anyone else felt this? I don't know if it is from the hemmoroids or the fact the body parts are gone and the body is just adjusting. It was real bad in the hospital but the nurses told me is was probably from all the swelling in there. You would think most of that would be gone. I had a TAH with some vaginal work done to help my bladder stay in place. Any ideas?
Unread 05-13-2007, 06:49 AM

I suggest glycerine suppositories for the bm probs. I had one three days post op and every day since - the supps did the trick.
Unread 05-13-2007, 08:07 AM
post op

HI Everyone, I had my surgery on May 7, almost a week now. I feel a little better every day. I had the vertical incision. My oxygen level was low so they sent me home with oxygen. I'm sure I'm doing better with it now. Have to go back on the 18th to get my staples out but dreading that 3 1/2 hr car ride. I didn't have a BM right away either. I bought some Metamucil capsules but they didn't want me to take them there so I took them when I got home. had a little BM on fri. and yesterday was a good one. It was so painless. I read it here somewhere but wonder if I should continue with it or just try and eat fibrous foods. Think I will wait on that. My belly seems to have gone down this morning so that is good. Have a good day everyone and a speedy recovery. Yvonne
Unread 05-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Hemorhoids/pressure

Sweetersgrl, I read your post and have been experiencing the same. Major hemorrhoids and pressure in my bottom area. The hemorrhoids came w/my 1st bm and omG it was soooh painful, even with stool softeners and fiber. Still having pain. Someone suggested to me ( a friend that had a total hysterectomy) to use an ice pack to reduce inflammation and swelling in that area). I have tried it. Still hurts some, have to be careful when sitting, as well. A good friend of mine, who is a chiropractor and has additional education in nutritional/vitamin supplementation suggested that I take a good quality fish oil and co-factors. I did and it helped tremendously with my swelly belly, as I am told that the fish oil helps reduce inflammation in the body. I gave it a try and am so glad that she suggested it! I am taking plenty a day. I would suggest that maybe give your md a call and see if fish oil would be a good choice for you. I was told by my md that the swelling was my cause of pressure feeling down there and would go away in about 7 to 10 days, along with the bladder spasms that I have . I wish you well and much pampering to you! Poohtie.
Unread 05-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Tolerance to pain meds

Joy79
While I was in the castle, there was much difficulty with my md determining the best prescription drug to relieve the immediate pain I felt after my surgery (low back and pelvic pain). My surgery was at 8:30am and it was about 4am the next morn before it was finally under control. I was told that this was due to developing a tolerance to pain meds while treating my endo/adeno for so long. I currently take prescribed oxycodone for the pain and prescribed valium for bladder spasms. I tried two different days to use nothing to see how I felt and how I was healing (as these meds tend to mask the pain) and I discovered I was not ready to go off of them yet. Hopefully, in the next couple of days I can use something much lighter. I have to keep remembering that although on the outside I look like I am healed, my insides have a long ways to go and just because the pain meds make me feel better, I can't over do it when I am feeling better. I am terrified of vaccumming or something, and tearing my incisions or something. A friend of mine did this and so I really want us all to be very careful to remember to give ourselves plenty of healing time. I would contact your md and see if there is anything else that he/she could suggest for you to keep you comfortable.
Poohtie.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register