Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Unread 05-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Poohtie, Thanks for the infor. I see my gyn tomorrow and I will ask her about the fish oil. I actually slept most of last night, took 2 tylenol pm. Good luck to all hysterstisters recooping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2007, 12:00 PM

Good Day, Everyone! Surgery was May 1 - TAH w/RSO. Recovery was the part I was not looking forward to. Physically, I can feel myself getting better each day - not so much pain, better BM with the help of prune juice, swelling in the legs has gone down to where they look like legs and feet again. Emotionally is another story. Because I'm feeling better, I really want to start moving around more but am petrified that I will hurt myself by overdoing it. I am feeling trapped and bored because I live on a third-floor apartment with only stairs and am afraid to go up and down them (got up the three flights after being sent home May 5 and haven't seen the outside of these four walls since). There is no husband/children/family to help me through this - only 1 male friend who thinks I am making up all of the activity limitations (he stops by for about 2 hours each day to feed my cats and to make sure I eat something). Can't wait for this to be over so that I can live normally again. Could really use some guidelines as to when I can feed/pick up my cats and use the stairs again (so that I can at least get some fresh air and sunshine - the laundry can wait.) Thanks and a safe recovery to all the others out there!! Katzz
Unread 05-13-2007, 12:11 PM

I had my TAh on May 1 also!
I have been doing stairs for a few days, but very slowly. The cabin fever was awful until Thursday when I wen to Dr. He even said I could drive! I can also bend now, but NO lifting.
I plan on my first walk in the neighborhood today. I will go as far as I think I can get back from. My dr. just said to increase a little each day.
It is exceptionally hard when you are of the mind to do something but not the body. Sitting here not moving I would love to work out. The minute I stand and walk I know that's not gonna happen.
Keep with the boards here, it is consummately helpful.
I have kids but no adult (except my 18 year old DD) to rely on so I knida know what you are up against!
As far as your friend goes have him look at these boards. My kids were and are actually kind of the same way. They can't "see" your pain, so it seems like you are OK. I had a crying jag last week and oldest DD realized I was not kidding. ven showed them my belly button where they tried the lap. I told them (when they went gross Mom) that is nothing compared to where they really did the work. Made an impact, but it is wearing off already....
Oh well...
stick with the boards here and we will support each other!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2007, 01:15 PM

Anyone having aburing sensation around the incision? I had a TAH on the 3rd , I am feeling great, getting plenty of rest and carfully walking around the yard. The buring comes when I get up from laying down .It doens't last long, just a few seconds in the stars . It feels internal.. I worry that I might have done something. Any ideas. Or do I just have too much time on my hand to think?
Unread 05-13-2007, 04:26 PM

[b]Are you saying burning sensation? I was doing good but this afternoon tummy feeling real bloated. had my TAH on May 7. I think I had gas and I was worried also that I had done something. something was making me cough this afternoon and I had my pillow on my tummy but it sure hurts anyway. I'm feeling a little better now so think thats what it was. I live in a split level . I did go downstairs this morning but I don't think that hurt anything. doing absolutely nothing this afternoon. Hope you are feeling better soon. Yvonne
Unread 05-13-2007, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the reply .. a burning sensation..I have been very carefull this afternoon and am favoring my right abs ( where burning is) I am not as bloated as I was a week ago. The Dr. told me there aretwo kinds of gas, the intestinal and the abdominal from the TAH. 4-5 days for the body to absorb that gas.. and anything with simethocine in it for intestinal gas. It works. I'm not worried about the bloating I know it will pass. Just hope in 5 weeks I can wear my clothes (slacks) to work. I see Dr. again on Tuesday.. came home 1 week today. HeaLing prayers to you ALL
Unread 05-13-2007, 04:45 PM

My TAH was also on May 1. I too am feeling so trapped! Ive been walking the neighborhood and even venturing over to the bike paths/parks when I can get a ride. Im just bored! Got some new scrapbooking supplies today and hope that will help. I so want to go to the gym and just do some upper body work, but know its too early and that counts as lifting....bahhhh

Hang in there sisters, we can do this!
Unread 05-13-2007, 05:39 PM

New here...didn't find you until after surgery. TVH-BSO on April 30. Removal of packing was the WORST - nurse could not find it at first and "rooted" around for it. Now, 2 weeks later, feeling good. Tire easily, but pain is minimal. Sweating all the time though. Trying to go without HRT.

Best wishes to all sisters!
Unread 05-13-2007, 05:52 PM

Hello sisters.. haven't posted in several days. Tomorrow will be 2 wks po for me. I have a couple of good days then a couple of not so good days. BMs have been painful because of having to push. Have been having bladder spasms and my insides feel like I have a vice inside squeezing where my parts were removed. I've regressed in my walking distance because it seemed to make me feel worse instead of better. I'm still walking and doing little things around the house but I really don't feel like doing very much. I seemed to have done real well the first week and then I've just been going through stages of changes which are very uncomfortable. I am still on pain meds and spend a good deal of time napping and resting. Thought I'd be doing better than this. Saw my gyn last week and she said everything was good. I am 58 and was post meno when I had my surgery, so I'm sure my age has something to do with how I feel. Anyone else my age?
Unread 05-13-2007, 08:07 PM

Hi Dee,
I know your feelings. I am learning more and more everyone heals differently. I wouldn't say it was your age. I am a healthy 34 year old and I still need my pain meds every 4 or 5 hours. It has been a roller coaster. I feel good then I feel bad, up and down, up and down.... It is very frustrating because I thought I would be doing much better then I am by now. I go tomorrow for my two week follow up, I am looking forward to seeing what the doctor says. I just want to feel normal again!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register