Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Unread 05-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Hey sisters! Had my 2 week check-up today even though it wasn't 2 weeks. Had a TAH with some extra work done to fix my pelvic floor to stablize my bladder. Check up went well. She told me I'm doing to much so I guess I will slow it down. DH is great and teenager helps out when asked. Went by my work, it was great to see everybody. I'm glad everyone seems to be doing pretty good. POOHTIE, good luch with the hemorroids. I had a severe case also, but doctor prescribed some medicine and I walked as much as I could stand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Similar situation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohtie

I have had hemorrhoids since my 1st bm and am still trying to keep them from getting worse,too. Oh, well, looking forward to feeling even better tomorrow. I am so glad that everyone is doing so well! Speedy and healthy recoveries to all my hystersisters! : Poohtie
I have terrible hemorrhoids, too. I sent my hubby out to get some ointment. They are a little better today.
I never did have regular bowel movements, even prior to surgery (I'd be lucky to go once a week). So now I'm sitting here wondering how long I should go before worrying. Is it okay to wait a few days?
My appetite is zilch. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've actually lost 5 lbs since surgery.
I've been getting headaches and a lot of panic/anxiety.
I drove for the first time today. It was so nice!
Unread 05-14-2007, 04:42 PM
When does everyone go back to the Dr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbdawg
Cat.h.. just thought I'd be feeling better at 2 weeks out, but you seem to be having the same up & down days as I am so I guess we'll need an extra dose of patience during this recovery process! Good Luck with your 2 week checkup, let us know how it goes. Take care & my best to all.

I went back on Thursday for my one week post op visit. I don't go back now again until May 25th.
How often do we have to see the Dr. after surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2007, 04:59 PM

Hi everyone, I went in on May 4 for a TVH. They did that. I wasn't nervous a bit, but I was kind of going through it like it was going to be no big deal. Someone got me back for that thinking, because they did the surgery & all was fine, but then in recovery, I said I thought I had to pee, but of course I couldn't empty my bladder, so she put in a cath. I had a spinal, so it was still working enough that I didn't feel it, and that drained but I kept feeling worse & worse. Blood pressure started dropping way down, they went & got DH and I remember a few things going on but found myself back in surgery. I was bleeding internally. So then had to be cut open and something happened with one of the tubes or ovaries, but they ended up taking my left tube & ovary. I also had mesh in my stomach from my breast cancer reconstruct. 7 years ago that got cut into. But I'm here to tell you that I made it. Had to spend 4 days in hospital (potassium & hemoglobin were low) but I was sure glad to get out of there!!! I hope I never have to have surgery again, but if I do, I will not go in with a "take it for granted" attitude. But I am on the mend, and thank you everyone for answering all my questions before and just being there for support. I'll write more later.
Unread 05-14-2007, 05:18 PM

Sisters with hemorroids: Call you doctor for a suppository prescription. They really do work. It is not immediate but they do help out. DO IT NOW!
Unread 05-14-2007, 06:51 PM
So easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bea Well
If your hysterectomy was between Apr 30-May 07,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. This thread is not for chit-chat. It is not a chatroom.
  • 3. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be closed at 8 weeks post-op.
  • 5. We ask you to participate on other threads, answering questions and providing support for other members. Woman-to-woman support!
Unread 05-14-2007, 06:52 PM

Had emergency hysterectomy last Monday the 7th.. Got home last night. Feeling soooo good. But maybe I had lost so much blood, hence, the emergency, anything would feel better. Have had normal bm's for 4 days and just a bit of swelling. Walking and going all over. Is this normal? Or was I just overdue?
Unread 05-14-2007, 08:20 PM

I had my two week follow up today and then I am suppose to go back in another two weeks.
Unread 05-14-2007, 09:53 PM

Hi, Stacey
Sorry to hear that you are having the same problem w/hemorrhoids. It is such an awful pain. I have found that the less I am on my feet, the better, although, I know that I need to walk. Warm sitz baths, I have been told, can help, as well as over the counter meds, as well. I have had some success w/ stool softeners, but again, any type of pushing or pressure down there just seems to set me back a bit. Good luck and hang in there, my hystersisiter! I wish and pray for you to have a healthy and speedy recovery. Poohtie.
Unread 05-15-2007, 07:47 AM

Stacey & Poohtie, My mother told me about the sitz baths, even though I haven't tried them. She said you can buy what you need for it at Wal-Mart. Mine are defintely getting better, but I truly believe its from the suppositories my doctor prescribed. Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register