Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Unread 05-18-2007, 05:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTKASTEACH
Hopeful... I belong to Curves too and can't wait to go back too...I know for me it will be at least 6/8, BUT can't wait!! I joined in Sept 05, the day it opened here...LOVE IT! I have lost 30 something pounds! I fear they will return during this time...
Congratulations on losing 30 pounds. I need to lose a bunch. I'm hoping that will get better because I won't have the monthly ups and downs of hormones. As far as eating goes right now, it seems like I can tell a whole lot faster when I have had enough and stop eating. I don't know if it is all the internal rearranging or what. I should have asked for a tummy tuck while the doc was in the vacinity.

Tammy
39 - KY - TAH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzz3
Day 16 for me. Finally had the big BM yesterday and feel about twenty pounds lighter as well as moving around better. Still have mainly gas pains, but that's about it. Actually did some light housework today-cleaning mirrors, dusting, a few dishes but needed to lie down for an hour after that. Friend came by to take me over to work and to go to the bank. Took about an hour to have a shower and get dressed but I was able to wear jeans today!!! They are normally about four sizes too big for me but perfect for the condition. It was sooooo nice to be able to wear something other than pyjamas for a couple of hours! Found out I was being sorely missed at work - the temp they hired for my absence is apparently driving everyone crazy and the work is piling up like mad. Another psychological boost!! After that and going to the bank, I had no energy to go to the grocery store so Friend went for me. By the time I got home, I was ready for the pj's and to lie around for the next day or two. Today's activity did more to help speed my recovery than anything else so far - it was good to feel like I was part of the world again. I am hoping that after I see the Dr. on Tues. I will be allowed a bit more activity, within reason, of course. I don't want to ruin all the progress I've made by doing something silly. I am finally beginning to see the light at the end of this lonely tunnel and know that as long as I focus on the light and take this journey now with care, I will be rewarded with the greatest rest of my life possible. Although it may seem frustrating at times right now, I feel that I have been asked to slow down for a reason - and that is so that I can prepare myself for the glorious future I have waiting for me.

I hope everyone else is feeling better too. This site has gotten me over more than a few rough spots as well as answered a lot of questions. Although we may feel it at times, we are never truly alone as long as there is someone out there who understands what we are feeling.
Thank you for your post. I truly believe that our attitude determines a lot for us. Being positive is so important - it gives us hope. I was reading the Bible the other day and the Lord hit me with the phrase - "He provided a big fish for Jonah." Somehow, just reading that He had provided made such a difference. I need to realize He provided this time to heal and I need to take time and listen and do just that.

Tammy
39-KY-TAH
Unread 05-18-2007, 05:50 AM

Friends,
I am off for my post-op Drs visit. Please pray all goes well. This site has been such a blessing to me.

Tammy
39-KY-TAH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2007, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefuldaybyday
I am glad I'm not the only one! My nephew is getting married on Saturday and that presents some fashion challenges for me. I think I will see about a moo-moo or something. I told my DH that I need to find a dress that won't touch my stomach. BTW, the wedding is a three hour drive and I'm not looking forward to that.

Tammy
39 - KY- TAH
Take a pillow, recline the chair and take your meds! Have fun at the wedding....
Unread 05-18-2007, 08:19 AM
diiiigafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by diiiigafs
Poohtie.....Well, I had been feeling kind of sorry for myself reading how so many were doing better than me...happy for them but not happy for me LOL. .. and I got to thinking how everyone is different...our ages, our health before surgery, our reasons for surgery, our types of surgeries and how we actually did during surgery. Since it is all so different, our recoveries will be as well. Some are doing better and some have been worse off than I. I am trying to look at all the positives for myself now and just let my body heal and let me know what I can and cannot do, instead of having a pity party. Trying to look at the glass half full... and for everything I am thankful for
You are so right and thank you for helping me to put things into the proper persceptive. Sometimes I need a jolt! Poohtie
Unread 05-18-2007, 09:15 AM

Good Morning Ladies!. I'm 15 days post-op and feeling pretty good. Had my 2nd night of sleep without my bladder hurting in the middle of the night. I hope thats a good sign. Haven't taken any pain meds since I left the hospital, but I still take stool softners and Tylenol PM at night to help me sleep. I think I'm doing pretty good. Went shopping with my teenager yesterday for 3 hours. Had to come home and lie down, it wore me out. I do find if I don't do anything one day, I feel alot better the next. Thats a difficult thing for me to do. Its been great being able to converse with everyone. It has helped get me through this. Thanks Ladies.
Unread 05-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Am I The Only One

HI lADIES

Hello from the UK

I am just reading through your all your messages & it sounds like most of us are suffering similar types of symptoms. The only thing i am concerned about is the stomach ache that i am getting & sharp twinges of pain.
It's almost like severe period pains (and i really know all
about them !!!) when i have been sat or laid down for a while & then get up gosh it;s almost agony to try & walk.
I am 15 days post op TAH due to multiple fibroids & large
uterus, i feel like crying as i don't seem to be getting better
at all. The swelling/fluid build up around my incision seems
to be going down, it's just this pain that i am suffering.

LOVE BEV XXXX
Unread 05-18-2007, 09:35 AM

Good Morning! Felt good this morning! The sun was out - went for a walk with a friend for 45 minutes. Now, I feel tired but think it is to early for a nap! Started driving yesterday - worried it was too soon but then read that some of you are as well. Don't have to drive far - everything is right in town - school, baseball fields, etc. Not ready to shop alone because of the lifting. I am relevied to know that others are feeling good one day and not so the next. For me, sometimes, it feels like I feel good in the morning then wiped and sore in the evening. I had some dark discharge in the past 24 hours too - wonder if it is from overdoing or just healing!
Unread 05-18-2007, 09:39 AM

Bev,
Maybe try walking little bits at a time - it seems to help me get everything moving (like the fluid). I've had those sharp pains too but not when I am walking. I just seems to feel better after walking but started slow - to the mailbox, then to the neighbor's mailbox, and kept going. It should help!!!! Hope you are better soon
Unread 05-18-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSCM
HI lADIES

Hello from the UK

I am just reading through your all your messages & it sounds like most of us are suffering similar types of symptoms. The only thing i am concerned about is the stomach ache that i am getting & sharp twinges of pain.
It's almost like severe period pains (and i really know all
about them !!!) when i have been sat or laid down for a while & then get up gosh it;s almost agony to try & walk.
I am 15 days post op TAH due to multiple fibroids & large
uterus, i feel like crying as i don't seem to be getting better
at all. The swelling/fluid build up around my incision seems
to be going down, it's just this pain that i am suffering.

LOVE BEV XXXX

I have been having a similar situation to yours. I have noticed that as the swelling/fluid build-up goes down, I have more gas, feel more bloated and have occasional sharp twinges of pain. For me, I think it means that I am healing and that my body is trying to get rid of all the "stuff" still inside. Being able to relieve the gas helps a lot so I am drinking lots of fluids to help move everything through my system. I will still mention this to the Dr. on Tues., just to be on the safe side.

Good luck and safe healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register