Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Unread 05-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Hello all! Had 3 week Dr. visit today. Told me I looked good (compared to when he saw me in the hospital I guess I would have) and that I was healing well. Assured me that all of the minor aches, pains, twinges and weird discharges were totally normal for this stage of recovery. Still not allowed any more activity because of the repairs he had to make to my bowel (turns out I had endometriosis which had fused my right ovary, tube and bowel into one huge mass of scar tissue) but he did say I was allowed to open and close the oven door. (trust me, that is a BIG DEAL!) Had to take the bus home - not a long ride, but boy, this city sure needs to do some work on our streets or purchase some new buses! All in all feeling in good spirits both physically and mentally.

Hope everyone else is feeling good too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2007, 06:05 PM
19 Days Post-op LATVH/BSO

[color=Indigo] I went back to work today and I am hoping that on the inside, I am doing okay. I have had some very low abdominal pain this evening, and hopefully, I haven't over done it at the office. It felt good to be back at the office and everyone thinks I was just on a vacation...oh, well, really, what a nice vacation, but I am not really wanting to share my "hersterectomy" with no one but my fellow princesses, friends and family members, although my employer is aware and thank God was very supportive. I have done some walking, not too far, but I went as far as I could without feeling like I was being undercautious. I have experienced alot of times where I want to cry, too, and, well, I just let the tears come and I do the best that I can, and sometimes, it is really hard. I am looking forward to my 3 week post-op visit (didn't have a 2 week, like most of you that have posted) but hopefully I am healing well. I find myself tired very easily, and somehow, today, I managed to have lots of energy at the office, maybe the martyr in me, who knows. But, I am SO very thankful for this site, so thankful for you all that post so we can read your experiences which help us all! God bless you each!
Poohtie
Unread 05-22-2007, 06:36 PM

Poohtie,
You are wonderful, thank you for making me smile with your humor! You are so brave to be back at work already! People are funny, I can relate with you. I wanted to keep it quiet too and before I knew it somehow the word had spread! I had everyone and thier mother calling wondering what was keeping me out for six weeks! Take it easy and take care of yourself! Have a wonderful day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSPREY
Morning Ladies,
18 days post-op and I supposed to be at a family renuion next Saturday 3 hours away. I will be 3 weeks this coming Thursday.My DH is driving and we booked a room for the night/day....I am concerned about the travel aspect of it not too worried about the reunion.. I feel comfprtable saying hello and going to the hotel. We are taking my mother with us or we wouldn't be going.
Has any one else done a car trip at 3 weeks out? Or is this too optimestic?
Thanks
I just went to my nephew's wedding - a three hour drive. The drive and wedding was fine. However, my DH and I decided to take our boys to visit Cumberland Falls. After that I was wiped out. I got home took pain meds and went to bed. The next morning I got up and went to church. After church I was wiped out again and spent the rest of Sunday resting.
Unread 05-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Travel

Good morning Ladies,
I'm almost 3 weeks post op too. I had to travel home from Denver almost 4 hrs 4 days post op. Last week I had to make the same trip down and back. This fri. we are traveling 2 days to go to my grandsons graduation in Ca. I think you will be fine, you will just have to rest some, stop and walk around a few times. My dr. said I should be ok. I know, it worries me too but I'm so excited to see everyone again. Good luck. Yvonne
Unread 05-23-2007, 08:13 AM

[quote=stacers]This thursday will be my 3 week mark. I was doing so well until yesterday. All of a sudden I just felt exhausted. Today is the same way. I just want to lay on the couch and sleep.
Is this normal? I'm not doing too much, but have been out driving a few times and have gone to my 6 year old's tee ball games. My husband thinks I'm milking this and is asking for me to do more and more each day. How do I explain to him that I'm still recovering?! I'm going to see the dr. again this Friday. Perhaps I need to ask the Dr. to explain to my husband that it will take time for me to jump back to normal.
Hope everyon eise has more energy than I do.
Ugh.[/QUOT
Stacey,
I understand how you feel. It seems like I get one thing accomplished a day and then I'm am so tired or sore all I do is sit. I went to school the other day to finish up some paperwork and a staff worker told me about a woman who had a hyst and didn't take the time to heal. She ended up with adhesions and scar tissue that will never go away. That kind of slowed me down a bit. I think it is a great idea for your DH to go to the dr with you.

It is hard to accept that there are just some things I can't do right now. My DH has been so good, and trying so hard to be supportive. I will pray for you.

Tammy
39-TAH-KY
Unread 05-23-2007, 08:23 AM

Do you read some of the post op stuff, something called points? Sorry can't always remember stuff. lol. It tells you what you should be doing at certain points like 1-2 weeks after and 3 weeks etc. One of the things you don't do is go back to work too early. Don't even let them see you , they will think you are ready to go back to work. I have good days and then I'll be really tired one day. I think this is normal. I'm getting ready for a road trip and not really doing much phyical but it wears on you so I just rest. I am almost at 3 weeks post op so a lot of us seem to be at the same stage. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Yvonne
Unread 05-23-2007, 08:31 AM

Good morning ladies! I just got back from the park. I walked a mile and picked up the pace alittle. Feel I'm doing pretty good. I get tired if I go out during the day and do very much. I will be ready to come home and crash. I'm going to have lunch with my co-workers today. They say you shouldn't, but mine have been very supportive and I want to see them. HANNALIB, I've been reading those check points and they have been very helpful. Also, just have to brag on my husband. He has been so wonderful and supportive.
I hope you all have a great day!
Unread 05-23-2007, 08:59 AM

Have a beautiful day ladies!
I will be three weeks post op on Friday and I am getting so excited to get to the end of my six weeks! I am ready to be mobile again I have also had bouts where some days I feel great and others like a truck hit me, but each day is one step closer to being all better! Just try to remember to do something nice for yourself each day no matter how big or small!
Unread 05-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Back to Work!!!

I too went back to work yesterday. Got the "all clear" from the dr. He told me to take it easy for at lease another 2 weeks so Im just catching up on paperwork. I went home feeling crappy, tired and sore. Had a rough night last night, woke up with pains in my stomach. Today I feel tired and want to just go home and sleep, so Im only working for half a day. My appetite is not what it used to be, its really hard for me to eat..not sure why????

Hope all of you are doing well

Sherri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register