Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

I had a LAVH on May 3, which was originally scheduled for the first but my biopsy didn't come in fast enough so I had to wait. Came home on the evening of the 4th and things are pretty good. They took everything...ovaries, uterus and cervix. I have had to only take pain meds a couple times but I think I am going to need them today. I have been walking a little everyday but everytime I move I have to urinate. I have gas horribly and the hot flashes started last night and I feel miserable today but overall, I am very pleased with my progress. I am just so glad that this is over ad can't wait to start feeling more comfortable. I haven't really had any trouble sleeping other than waking up with the hot flashes. Husband and son and brother have been a really big help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 07:26 AM
4 days post surgery

I came home yesterday. I'm feeling the swelly belly I've read so much about. Passing a little gas, but not much. And still no bm. No real spotting, just minor show on toilet paper after wiping. Trying to relax and enjoy just laying around. I go in on Friday to have the staples removed.

Stacy 32
TAH/BSO
5/3/07
Unread 05-07-2007, 08:12 AM

I had my LSH on 4/30 and have not recovered as quickly as I see alot of you have. My trip home on the 1st was exhausting and I lost a lot of blood trying to get into my house due to the amount of stairs. Maybe that has set me back. I did have 1 BM since being home but that was days ago. After reading the posts just sent DH to store for prune juice and high fiber cereal. Hope that works. Does anyone know if your recovery speeds up the second week. I am getting very impatient with what I can do as is my DH. Continued good luck to all of you and thank you for the support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:51 AM

1 week post op for TAH ovaries intact. Incision looks well and dry. Just hoping that it will heal faster than I hoped it would. Funny thing is if it is healing why is it not itchy? From what I understand, when it starts itching, it means it's starting to heal. Any opinions on this?
Unread 05-07-2007, 10:45 AM

hello, just hitting the computer for the first time since my 5/2 VH (I think that's the abbreviation) I have both my ovaries, and pushed
myself too hard once I got home .. (I have 2 kids, 5&3)
taking it way easy now, and looking forward to participating in my life again...
Unread 05-07-2007, 11:03 AM

Good morning ladies, today I am feeling a little better, still awfully tired though! The boredom is setting in will try to get up and walk more today, hope you all are healing well..
Unread 05-07-2007, 11:29 AM

Hello all. 4 days post op and feeling pretty good. Getting tired very easy and am very board. BMs are going well, have been drinking lots of juice and taking stool softeners. Was home 23 hours after start of surgery....Is that normal?
Unread 05-07-2007, 05:20 PM

Well today is day 4 and for me the worst by far. Went back to Dr today for redness and oozing t incision in belly button. I have a hernia there so it made it a little tricky to check. He was having a field day in there digging around lol. Says there may have been a misalignment in the incision site. No worries,,I ned to use some neosporina and clean it real well everyday. Had a slight alergic reaction to percosett and had to stop taking it. Motrin wasnt cutting the pain so he now has me on toradol. I think and he arees that I pushed myself to hard on fri, sat and sun. Darn i was just feeling so good it was impossible to sit still. I am out of comission for a couple days to really let that incision heal. I will be out tomorrow because myyoungest son is in the special olympics and I wouldnt miss is for anything. I still feel so much better now than I did before the surgery so I cant imagine how great I will feel after recovery YEA!!! Hope all are doing well.
Colleen
Unread 05-07-2007, 05:27 PM

Today is my 4th day, too and this is the worst! I can't take percocet or vicodin but the darvocet is my hero today. I feel like I gave birth to a 20 pound baby while getting run over by that darn mack truck and theres another 20 pounder inside waiting to come out! I am walking, drinking juice and water, and I cannot have a BM! I feel awful today!
Unread 05-07-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debip127
Today is my 4th day, too and this is the worst! I can't take percocet or vicodin but the darvocet is my hero today. I feel like I gave birth to a 20 pound baby while getting run over by that darn mack truck and theres another 20 pounder inside waiting to come out! I am walking, drinking juice and water, and I cannot have a BM! I feel awful today!
My sister I feel you girl!!!!lol. When I went back to the doctor today I told him to take out whatever it is they put in me. LoL. I have ben takinbg colace 2 at night everynight since the night before surgery. It is very helpful in adition to apple juice and applesauce for me. I have been going like crazy since yesterday morning.
Good luck and I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Collen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register