Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Unread 06-16-2007, 07:34 AM
YAHooooooo..........

I am finally starting to feel great!! I have felt pretty well for a while, but it has been a long road. I am not really sure why, but longer and slower than I expected. I have tried hard to follow orders as I don't want to mess up what I have had done. Still having bladder pain even though I have been on antibiotic since Wednesday , but feeling better than I have in a long, long, long time and very greatful for it!
I am glad I did this...no regrets!
I am happy to be on this end of this journey.
I am happy to be healthy.
I am happy to be going on vacation tomorrow!!
Continued health and well being to all of my sisters out there!
The support that I have experienced here is unprecidented, I could not have made this journey as well without each of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Have a great vacation Ellen! (I hope you don't see this until you get back and you're all refreshed and relaxed)!!

Have my 6 week po on Wednesday next week - I start back to work on Monday! Have a bit of anxiety going on - I've been at this job for over 12 years and while I've been off I've put my nose the grindstone and started looking for a new career!! I kinda feel like I have short timers syndrome...har! Anyway...I'm hoping that I can hang with my current employment and start to untie the ties that bind us - even though they (my co's) have been very supportive of my recovery. Here I go a babbling....I am very thankful for this site and all the "cyber" support....HysterSis and all y'all have been a great help in the healing process!!
Unread 06-16-2007, 05:36 PM

Hi there glad to see u all doing well! I went for my 6 week check up Gyno said things are healing well and I can start sex and driving again if I want. Thats the thing I dont want!! I had bowel surgery and appendix out at the same time as hysterectomy so I dont feel like I could tackle sex at all yet as I am still sore not really in that area to much just on my left hand side where the bowel op was. They tell me the bowel heals very slowly so thats it I have to be patient.
You all sound like u are doing well!!
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 10:26 AM

Hi Sisters!
I got the ok to resume my normal life! Wahoo ! Still advised to take it easy if I begin to have any pain! Had a good laugh with the DR, I asked her if I had a vaginal cuff put in, because of all the posts about losing stiches from the cuff, I still had not seen any and I wondered whether I had one put in she looked at me like I was an alien and said "No we don't put one inside you! That is where we stiched every thing up! Boy did I feel dumb but then we had a good laugh! Thank goodness my sense of humor is still there! I called my hubby and told him he is cleared for takeoff! (He is a pilot!) So we will see how that goes...... I hope you all have a great day and I will talk with you all soon again!
Unread 06-19-2007, 03:04 PM

My turn! My turn! Had the 7-week checkup today and all is GOOD! GOOD! GOOD! I am now allowed to do (in the words of my doctor) "whatever my heart desires....including the fun stuff". He said he guessed all he could say to me now was "Good Luck" and I felt the tears spring to my eyes. It had been 15 years since I first started going to see him and it was sort of sad to be saying good-bye. Just like it will be sad when our thread ends next week....thank-you all sooo much for all of the support you have given over the last few weeks. I know I have saved myself many phone calls to the doctor by finding the answers the questions I didn't know I had here.

God bless you all and each time I see a butterfly I will think of all the dear sisters I have met on this website! Now is our time to fly!!
Unread 06-19-2007, 06:30 PM

Hey Sisters, I have joined the club too!
I FINALLY had my 6 week today..I am released to go back to work..I found the courage from this site, to ask about my low libido, I was asuming it was just now a part of life. THERE is a pill for that!!! YEA. He said I could ROCK but but be easy on the ROLL for a couple of weeks.LOL.
I was not worried about the internal becausse of all of you who told us that there was nothing to it.. you were right. "Piece a cake".
I am on the HRT for a while he said that I would be SLOWLY weaned off of it and to come back in 6 months. I should be prepared for some twinges and pangs and to still not do any lifting that the internal stitches are now disolving and to take it easy for at least a month and not to be so quick to volunteer for ANYTHING or people would think they could start loading me up with stuff to do.
I am so very blessed to have this man for my Dr/Surgeon I have seen him for 25 years and we have gone through so much together, I even took my Mom to him 20 years ago for her hysterectomy. He is releasing me to only 1/2 days untill July 1st , my job is very demanding and busy and I take care of my Alzehimer's Mom ( my DH has truly earned many stars in heaven the past 2 months) with the help of my DH. He just wants me to take care of myself and ease back into the real world. My Dr. is a keeper! He anticipates seeing me every year maybe 2 for checkups and and oil change .
I can't express how much all of you mean to me, we have never met and probably never will , but I feel like I have friends forever and continue looking forward to chatting here.
There were many times during my recovery that I couldn't wait to log on and hang with the sisters.
remember
God is good all the time, All the time God is good.
Unread 06-25-2007, 10:45 AM

Congrats, Gosprey! I pray for your continued healing. You are so right about this site, it is such a blessing!
Unread 06-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Is this normal?

This thread has been so helpful to me as I have recovered.

This is my first post on this thread following my TAH. I saw my doctor on Tuesday of last week for my 6 week check up. He said I was healing fine but he needed to address a bit of "proud flesh" with a silver nitrate stick and as a result I needed to wait until the weekend to resume "visiting" with my husband, which I did.

When we "visited" last night, I felt great, but I had quite a bit of bright red bloody discharge immediately afterward. We even had to change the sheets.

Is this to be expected?

Thanks.
Unread 06-25-2007, 11:37 AM
The road has bcome much smoother...

Dear sisters....
Isn't it wonderful that the long and rocky road we have all shared has become much more of a smooth sailing. I think most of us are not only glad we have it behind us, but are glad we did it. I too hope everyone coninues the road to great health and wonderful lives. This would have been a solitary journey for me without this site, but I am so thankful for the sisters here who have shared the good, the bad and the ugly to make the trip better.
Thank you one and all!!!!

to all!!!!
Unread 06-25-2007, 09:00 PM
post op complication 7 weeks out

HI New to this site, not sure if I posted my question in the proper place before, so I'll try again here. I had an Abdominal Hysterectomy on May 2nd, retaining my ovaries & cervix. Everything was going well, healing was progressing nicely until recently. I stared light duty at week 4 and at week six started back to full duty at work. I'm a firefighter paramedic. It was a slow week, I did not do anything strenous or overdo anything, and this past week, my incision site became red & inflammed & on Friday I developed a huge knot on my left side. The pain is over the top, worse it's been since I had the surgery. I went to see my doc today & he thinks I may be having a reaction to the sutures. has anyone else had this problem? Thanks....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register