Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Unread 05-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Hey all-
Had my TAH/RSO on Wednesday, home on Friday. I'm so glad to hear how some ofyou got in trouble for doing too much- I'm definately not in any danger of that. I have my kids waiting on me hand and foot now that hubby is back to work. I did too much walking on tuesday and had kind of a rough night.

I'm finding that as long as I take 2 Aleve wice a day It keeps the pain down so I'm fairly comfortable. I just take one percoset when I'm up and around a bunch, especially if it includes a car ride.

The bowels are finally happy! I have some prescrition Miralax left from when I had back surgery last fall. I don't know how different it is from the new OTC product, but it works so much better than the stool softeners for me.

I have read on the boards that a lot of the sisters have numbness above the abdominal incision. My tummy on the other hand feels sunburned- just a hypersensitive feeling in the skin itself. Anyone else have this? It's driving me nuts! I find myself laying almost flat on my back with my pants pulled down below the incision so that nothing is touching me. Not a good look.

All in all, not too bad for day 7. I'm SO glad I found this site last month so I knew what to expect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Thank God Its All Over

Hi All

My op went ok, i woke up to find that they had managed to keep my ovaries. I was told my uterus
was in a real mess & completly covered in large fibroids.
I spent 5 days in hospital & am now resting at home.
I am still in a fair amount of pain & am taking regular
painkillers, it also hurst when i need to the loo.
Fingers crossed this will get easier.

Love your Sister here in the UK.

Bev xx
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:26 AM

Hey gals! 8 days post-op and doing ok. Just walked up the street and back because I'm stir crazy. Had a TAH and feel I'm doing pretty good except for my hemmoroids. I had a small case right before surgery and now they are full blown. Sitting around so much is not helping. My doctors instructions were no sex and no lifting, just take it easy. I feel she thinks you will do what ever you feel like doing any ways and we are the ones that will suffer for it. Glad to here everyone is doing well. Anyone with a miracle cure for my hemmoroids, let me know.

Lisa
Age 46
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 10:33 AM

M pain is mostly in the morning and while
I sleep. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one still having it also. Seems like conflicting recommendations about walking. I have heard both. I feel I get tight in the belly and it is harder to breathe when I have walked for a more than bit. I am thinking it's normal. Also, I got a little weepy this morning over nothing. Hoping what's left of my right ovary hasn't given up! Has anyone else experienced being a little emotional even when keeping an ovary??

Keep caring for yourselves!!
Unread 05-11-2007, 11:11 AM

Glad everyone seems to be recovering so fast! I really feel like my LAVH is going to give me a heathier, more pain free life than I had previously, and am very glad I did it. My 2 week check up is Monday, hope she w/let me go back to work after 4 weeks rest!
Unread 05-11-2007, 11:46 AM

You know we all have our pains and problems but I'm with Clearley, I'm hoping this will lead to a more active and healthier life. I had a TAH-everything came out and had some vaginal/pelvic work done to restore my bladder to its normal spot. My bladder weakness and my cervix hanging down has kept me from doing some things. I hope to experience some of those things now. I think Clearley has a positive attitude and I'm going to try and jump on her boat. Cheers to Hyster Sisters. Lisa
Unread 05-11-2007, 12:03 PM

I'm hip about the stir crazy! Been reading, watching old Katharine Hepburn movies, napping, taking showers, walking and more walking. I want to bake but know I better not be standing for too long! Hard to believe a week ago today I was waking up in recovery room!
Unread 05-11-2007, 12:48 PM

Hi Everyone,
Had my staples removed yesterday, wasn't so bad but the incision feels much better...not so tight anymore. I still walk a bit hunched over when I don't have my brace on, but I don't want to wear it all the time as I want everything to find a place since there is so much more room now. I also don't want to put any extra pressure as I haven't had any bleeding and I don't want to possible bring it on. I am sore all over from the drive to the hospital and all the walking as the farthest I have gone before in one shot has been to the mailbox at the end of the driveway, so yesterday was tough, but I feel the more I move the faster I will feel better. I am itching to go to home depot and get in one of those scooters and shop for plants. I always do a pot for Mothers day for my mom and I feel bad I may not be able to make her pot this year. I was hoping to buy the plants and get sis or hubby to plant them with my supervision of course LOL. So happy to see so many hanging in there and getting better...
Hugs...
Unread 05-11-2007, 02:21 PM

Alot of you have talked about your staples being taken out. I don't mean to sound dumb, but I think I was just sewed up. She didn't say anything to me about having staples taken out (TAH). Is it uncommon to not have staples, or do I have them and they are removing them Monday on my 2 week check up? It doesn't look like I do. How do you know?
Unread 05-11-2007, 02:58 PM

Hi Sweetersgrl
Hey our surgeries were on the same day. Hope you are doing well. You would know if you have staples. They are metal and look like actual staples stapled into your skin to hold you together instead of stitches. They are on the outside so you can't miss them. You must have internal stitches as I do as well and maybe your doctor felt you didn't need them outside? Something I would ak my doctor if I was curious...
Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register