Help! 25 and getting sick of no sexual desire!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! 25 and getting sick of no sexual desire!!! Help! 25 and getting sick of no sexual desire!!!

Unread 05-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Help! 25 and getting sick of no sexual desire!!!

Hey everybody! It has been awhile since I posted last, I had good results from my hysterectomy (aside from a few complications). But, now I am finally starting to realize just how much this has affected my sexual desire. I have been married for 6 1/2 years and have a 5 year old daughter. My husband is very understanding and patient but I know it is bothering him that we went from a few times a week to maybe once a month. I have absolutely no desire. I am unable to take estrogen due to a substantial breast cancer risk. I need something and have recently been turned toward testosterone cream, I am unable to use the patches due to an allergy in the tape/sticky stuff. I am just curious as to what I can expect...how long will it take to work, is it going to make me crazy (well crazier than I already am ), what are some side effects, will it help with my hot flashes/emotional unstability...all that stuff. If anybody around my age uses it I would be especially interested in your opinion, but I do welcome everybody's opinion.

Thank you so much for all your time! I really appreciate it. I knew right where to go when I started to think about using this!!!

Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 10:40 AM

Hi Angela!

I'm sorry that you're having problems with your libido. I think we don't fully appreciate how wonderful our own hormones are until they're gone.

Did you decide to start the testosterone therapy? I've been using testosterone for years as a part of my hormone therapy and it's been great for me. I've not had side effects other than oily hair and oily skin on my face when my levels were getting a bit too high. I cut back on my dose and those symptoms went away. Using less I still get the benefits of being on the testosterone without the side effects.

When I first started using testosterone I noticed a difference within a few days but it took a few weeks before I felt the full benefits. How long it takes to work does vary from woman to woman. Let us know if you have tried it and what the results were, okay?

s
Unread 06-06-2007, 01:27 AM

I have the same problem. I had a complete hysterectomy almost 8 months ago, and I have no desire either. And, it just isn't as comfortable as it was before. I have to use the Premarin Cream, but, it doesn't help with libido.

I didn't know there was a testosterone therapy for this problem. Is this something that your Doctor prescribes?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register