Bleeding Post Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding Post Op Bleeding Post Op

Unread 05-24-2000, 07:42 AM
Bleeding Post Op

Hi Sisters,

I ususally post on the support board, but I thought this would be better here
If you've read my post on the other board you know i've been nabbed by the pillow police on Monday.
I had cramping, bleeding, and was still passing alot of stitches. So, I called the dr. he said it was from over activity, the bleeding was normal could do this up til 8 weeks and the cramping was caused from over activity also. I was told to take it easy for at least 4 days, which I have been doing.
My question is... how long will this last? Last night, I had major cramping during the night, and when I went to check the bleeding, it was just pouring out of me, with clots and stitches ( sorry to be so graphic), so I went back to bed and didnt move til this morning. Now so far today its mostly just the cramping but there is still some bleeding, which usually comes in spurts. Is this normal from over activity?? How long will this go on? I'm getting really worried but, dr. seems to think its all normal?!?!
I would appreciate any advice!!
Thanks a million ladies I would be lost without you all!!!

((hugs))
Shanon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2000, 01:17 PM
Bleeding Post Op

Shanon,

Some light bleeding is normal following a hyst. Bleeding should be a light pink color and light, not what you are describing. If you are passing clots, and having to change pads more than just a little, call your doctor back and describe this to him.
Unread 05-25-2000, 04:48 AM
Bleeding Post Op

Dear Shanon, I agree with Robin that you should call the doctor. After nearly a month post-op, you shouldn't be experiencing this. Let us know what the doctor says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2000, 10:23 AM
Bleeding Post Op

Shanon,

Call you doctor and get into see him today! I would be a bit demanding at this point, not bashful here for sure

Don't want to scare you, BUT I was told that spotting is "normal" and if it started to get heavy as a period I was to call the the doctor's office immediately.

The "see your doctor flag" for me is the clotting and the amount that you are bleeding.

Let us know!

*HUGS*

Unread 05-25-2000, 10:32 AM
Bleeding Post Op

Hi Ladies,

Thank you sooo much for all you replies!!

I just wanted to let you all know it finally stopped!! I still have some occasional cramping but no bleeding!
The dr. assures me that this is normal and I could have cramping for awhile, so I'm just gonna play it by ear for awhile.

I dont go back for my 6 week post check til June 13th. So I have a ways to go yet.

Thanks for everything!!

((hugs))
Shanon
Unread 05-25-2000, 10:43 AM
Bleeding Post Op

Shanon sweetie!

I'm so glad that it stopped!!! WHEW!!!!

Please for the next couple of weeks play the princess big time, do very little and rest as much as possible. Keep those feet up and the remote in your hand!

*HUGS*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register