Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 05-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

If your hysterectomy was between May 07-May 14,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:26 PM
LAVH with left side oopherectomy

I am one day post op from LAVH. I came home the same day. Both surgeons that I had previously canceled surgeries with were the attendings. One is the new mayor of the city as of today.

I am out of the hospital, so am fine. The folks were honest with me, so did better. It was all right, but I don't want to think about it any more.
Unread 05-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Well I went in yesterday for a LSH and in a matter of hours I was able to go home. I won't lie... it hurts!!!

I've slept a lot, and I'm sure I will sleep more! I don't even remember much about yesterday. It all happened so fast and then it was over and done with! Just hope the pain will go away soon too!

I've been up and moving as much as I can without wearing myself out. If I need something I try to get it for myself but I have to have help getting out of the chair and bed. Man, I took my tummy muscles for granted! Time for more sleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 09:09 AM

Greetings all. Had TAH/BSO on Tuesday, May 8. Came home from the castle Thursday afternoon. Pain, yes, but not unbearable. I managed well with the PCA and now with Lortab every three hours. The sore throat from the vent tube has been almost as aggravating as the incision and related muscle soreness. I'm in and out of bed without assistance, no problems with basic body functions and walking around the house as much as I can. Post-op visit with the tailor is next Tuesday to have staples removed.To those awaiting your visit to the castle -- go in with a smile on your face and a positive attitude. You will be fine.
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:46 AM

I had my TAH/BSO on Tuesday & came home Thurs.
The doctor said I was full of scar tissue---didn't think to ask if
that was the same thing as endometriosis. She said I had 2 fibroids, one huge one inside the uterus. One ovary was glued to the back of my uterus which in turn was glued backwards onto something else. She said I should most certainly should have been in a lot of pain from all that. Forgive my fogginess. I go back to her office on Monday to get staples out & maybe will be more coherent then.
I'm surprised I'm not in more pain after the surgery. Basically I feel
bruised inside & outside, bloated like a toad & itchy for some reason.
Drugs are your friend! But I can tell you at this moment my cramps before the surgery were much worse than what I'm feeling right now.
I can say the car ride home was not fun so I don't think I'll be going
anywhere unless I have to anytime soon! I was beat up & exhausted when I got home yesterday from the 45 minute trip.
I'm still bloated today & a little more conscious of the incision but all in all not bad.
There's no place like home! I'm trying real hard to keep my 6 month old dobe pup from jumping on me. Now that would hurt!
Take care everyone!
Unread 05-11-2007, 05:29 PM

Hi All!!!

I finally had my LAVH BSO yesterday, May 10, and was home today, May 11th by 11:00 am. ! Wahhhoooooooooo! Surgery was at 8 am, none of the nurses started me walking, so I finally bugged them to get me up at midnight so I could get things moving. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?? I guess the nurses at my hospital had their plates full. Both my roomate & I felt that we only saw them when they took our BP & temp, so we were kinda frustrated. I did a lot of walking & sleeping off & on, and my doctor released me quick. I am extremely pleased with how my experience is going so far! I have an incredible husband who is pampering me like the princess who just came from the castle! The pain is not bad at all, after all the pain I have been feeling in the months up to the surgery, I guess my pain tolerance is pretty high.

I just want to thank all of you here at hystersister.... I came through this with flying colors, and lot's of tips because of you! I hope everyone else is doing well. I'll type more later, time for a nap!
Sherri
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:01 PM

1 day post op for LTH RSO. I am not hurting as bad as I thought I would. All I can say is dilaudid not so good. I had a WEIRD reaction to it. WHen I am a little more into my mind I will be back.
Unread 05-12-2007, 08:16 PM

hello ladies, its so nice to be on this side... i went in tues the 8th and came home the 10th.. over all not bad... i was hoping to keep at least one ovary and ended up losing both.. endo on one and huge cyst on the other... one thing for those that might be peeking.. the ultra sound that i had one month prior to my surgery did not show how enormous my uterus and the 2 fibroids i had hanging off my uterus were... although i do not have the exact measurements yet, i went in thinking my uterus was the size of being 4 months pg.. dr said it was 6.5 months and the two fibroids off to the side were the size of a large cantalope and grapefruit... she was in tears when she came to visit me.. my tummy has gone down ALOT... i have not felt this good in YEARS.... i am on estridol 2mg.. what can you guys tell me about it? thank you so much for the support.. i could not have gotten through this with out ALL OF YOU!
Unread 05-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Not as bad as I thought! TVH May 8

Thank God it's over!! I am 4 days post op and doing great. I had TVH May 8. They removed my uterus and cervix but left my ovaries. I was in the hospital 2 days.
One day I used the Morphine PCA and the second day, Norco. Since I have been home, I have only take Motrin 800mg. I am not in any pain. I feel like I have been hit in the stomach really hard, maybe because I didn't have any other type of repair. I 'm just glad its over!! I was so anxious. Reading the scriptures that were posted in reference to healing helped tremendously!! Thanks to Hystersisters I was prepared.
Tammy
Unread 05-13-2007, 09:11 AM

Hi ladies I had LSH on May 11. The night before I was not nervous at all which is surprising for me because I am usually a wreck. I guess from going through all of this pain for 7 months I knew that the day of surgery was going to be my saving grace. I had been in pain prior to surgery due to one last visit from Aunt Flo. I arrived at the hospital at 7 and they immediately got me set up. Just as everything was flowing, the nurse came in and said there was going to be a delay because my doc was delivering a baby. I had spoken to the nurse about possibly recieving some sort of pain relief before I went in for surgery because I had severe pain and I know how hard it is to control the pain once it is past a 5, at least for me. She said she would speak to the doc but nothing ever came of it. I was upset but I just rolled with the punches. Finally at 9:15 the doc came in and off I went. I got some relaxing medicine and when in the o.r. my OBGYN was sending me off to Hawaii by singing some songs, it was cute then I was out like a light. Once in recovery, I was miserable. They had such a hard time controlling my pain. I was so tired yet so aware that I was in agony. She had commented that they had given me at least 7 doses of demerol but it was not even touching the pain and they would try percocet which I cannot stand. The nurse was claiming that pills work better but I was not agreeing with her on this matter. I took it though just to see if it brought any relief but it didn't. At this point they took out the catheter and all of a sudden I just felt gas stuck everywhere in my body. The carbon dioxide they used to blow up my belly was making this experience beyond uncomfortable. I did not anticipate this at all because I had an exploratory lap in October 2006 and did not experience any gas at all. A few hours later I just wanted to get up and move to try and get this gas out. It was so painful and the walking was not doing much. From here on out the rest of my hospital stay was very disappointing. I had another nurse and she was not helping matters. In trying to help me get up to try to pee, she was tugging on my gown which was making the incisions pull. OUCH! I was trying to express to her that I did not want her help but then it was like she became a cling on. I finally got up and instantly leaned forward because my stomach seemed so taught. I was told that I had to pee before I was released. Well, I tried to pee for 2 hours. It was so frustrating. I let the water run, tried giving myself goose bumps and nothing was working. This nurse did not know what she was doing because she kept changing my i.v. bag thinking this would help me urinate but it was going in my bloodstream and was only making matters worse because now I was retaining water throughout my whole body. My feet looked like balloons and my calves were so swollen they were shining. Finally I got an idea to take ice and rest it on my thigh, it worked- YEAH! I could finally go home, so I thought. She began asking me how the pain was and it had not changed. It was an 8 and she was disagreeing just because I was not in tears. I simply said to her that I was not about to get myself all worked up and have my stomach muscles go crazy from crying. She said that she was not comfortable discharging me until my pain level was a 4 so I said okay now what is the next step to giving me relief. She said we would wait another hour so I could take two more percocet and go from there. Well I was not having it because the percocet did not work before and I was not going to take something that did not work. I was in agony and since no one was going to try a different i.v drug or something I wanted to leave. The nurse asked my Mom if she was comfortable taking me home in this much pain. My Mom simply said,"My daughter has been enduring this kind of pain for 7 months and your not giving her another solution so we will go." She looked perplexed. The whole time of being around this woman was frustrating. She did not offer to call the doctor for antother remedy nor had I seen him after my surgery. I was fed up with all of it and we left. My Mom filled my script and then we went back to her house. I took the meds as soon as we got there and just tried to relax. The gas was an issue and still is today 2nd full day of being home. It is slowly getting better. Gas X is my best friend along with pepsi to help me burp. I am not sleeping well due to the pain and I can only sit completely upright or the gas goes behind my ribs. Each day should get better and better. Gonna go rest now, feeling exhausted. I'll be back on later.
Sorry this is so long, I am going home tomorrow and my internet is down so I wanted to get in as much as possible. Good luck to all you ladies now in healing.
<3 Kristin <3

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register