Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 05-20-2007, 03:20 PM
recovery

I am feeling much better since last post. went out with my sister yesterday for breakfast, she had a hysterectomy years ago TAH ovaries and all. It was nice, went to JoAnn fabrics walked alittle seemed like I ran a marathon, sweat and all that done me for the day was only out for maybe 4 hrs! Today drove a amigo at the store with hubby for food tried to walk it, but half way to the back of the store I changed my mind riding was much better. Not much of an eater here either, thats okay been tring to lose alittle anyway. I know it wont last and the hunger bug wil soon hit. As for the Sex after two weeks WOW I dont know about that I still hurt too much to even think about that. Crying and laughing hurt but, OH I sneezed yesterday!!!! OUCH!!! for about fifteen minutes it hurt I do not want to do that again! Iam glad everyone is doing great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

I am almost 2 weeks out from VH (left both ovaries), rectocle repair, Monarch sling and appendix removed. They found lots of endo too. Spent 3 nights in hospital (longer due to bladder issues). Went home with straight cath (not much fun) and still got bladder infection. Also got thrush which made eatting impossible (much better now!). Lost 10 lbs. in 10 days. They thought I had shingles... thank goodness they were wrong. I am doing fine now, but tough to do much more than walk around a bit. Lots of movies, sleeping, heat pads and sitting on donut/ice pack. Sore back from laying around, but massages have helped. DH, DD and DS have been amazing. The best part. Here is a poem my 9 year old daughter wrote me for Mother's Day (IT SPELLS MOTHERS DAY WITH FIRST LETTERS OF EACH LINE):
Makes life sweet
Open the door
To see you there
Hugs and kisses
Elise loves you
Ruffles in your blanket
Sharing my love with you

Dancing in dresses
At the lo-lo lagoon
You are my MOM

Best of luck to all of you. Elise's MOM
Unread 05-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Disinterested #$%@#$%^ DH

Ladies,

I too am glad that there is someone here that understands the DH situation. It is so wierd that you said that about the food thing...he has always been Johnny on the Spot to go and get something to eat if I requested, now he literally seems to just ignore me. I just want to slap him! I think that maybe we do way to much normally and they just don't know how to handle it when we can't! He has been less affectionate, very busy out and about doing anything but being home and seems very put out by this whole thing. I'm not sure he'll ever get it.

I have been suffering from insomnia too...terrible dreams...like I need to rescue someone from an awful accident and I need to pull them out of a rolled vehicle, but subconciously I know I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10lbs. so I am very torn in my dreams...I also have been having major meltdowns in my dreams, while asleep, dreaming that I am crying harder than I have ever cried...and I think I'm having hot flashes, but I'm not sure. So between the dreams, hotflashes and peeing all night, my little Bulldog and I don't get much rest. He has to follow me everywhere I go and he sleeps with me whenever I am in bed...I love him...he is the best friend I have and keeps me from just throttling my DH...

Pooh, sorry to hear about the thrush...sounds horrible. Mine is just like I have dead tastebuds, NOTHING tastes good but water...even the taste of Sprite makes me want to gag.

Love you girls, hang in there and don't over do it...it's not worth it!

Melicat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2007, 06:53 PM

Well this is my second follow up post. I had surgery on the 10th came home the next day and then woke up the next morning around 2:00 a.m. with some pain and discomfort and the around 8 started running a fever of 102.8. Called my doctor went to the ER met my doc. and was admitted again for antibiotics until Tuesday mid day. Thought I was doing better and I didn't have any bleeding at all from day one but not I have started to have some bleeding doesn't fill a pad more like overflowing a liner, bright red and I am having some pain as well. I haven't had any pain so to speak since my initial stay. I am starting to get a littlte concerned. I am not really running a fever so to speak I am hovering aroun 100-100.8.
They determined the first time I had an infection on top of the vagina where he sowed it up. They determined that with an ultrasound and normal blood work.
Unread 05-20-2007, 07:03 PM

Has your temperature been normal since your second discharge and has now increased? You should call your doctor again to make sure that your infection is clearing.
Have you been lifting and/or doing too much? This may be the reason for your bleeding and pain. Please call your doctor and continue to take your temperature. Good luck and I hope your are feeling better soon.
Unread 05-20-2007, 07:04 PM

Sounds like you need to call someone, sweetie. I am so sorry that you are having all of this trouble.
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Thank you ladies!!

I really apprecate all the kind, caring and thoughtful words! They really help at a time like this! This site is just wonderful, I'm really thankful I found it and all of my new found sisters here! This is such a life changing time for me in a lot of ways and I don't know what I'd do without all the kindness I have found here!! I'm sorry to hear you went through this too! I have been so good at denying my feelings, which I know is no good, they need to come out but I guess with society the way it is we're supposed to be so tough no matter what. I'm glad I don't have to be here on this site, we can let it all hang out!

Quilterperson, When I'm in my rational state of mind, which I am right now~yay!, I know you are right and my daughter would have been here if it was possible. We are extrememly close, and I guess it just shocked me that she didn't make it. However, she is coming home this friday:-). Sorry to hear you can't sleep...that sounds miserable! I don't know what I'd do without my great escape: sleep! Is that from surgery or have you always had that problem?

Salviablue, You are such a sweetie! Your title: you have a friend in pennsylvania, made me feel really good and smile! I know in time things will get better. I do just wish I could have a good cry! Before surgery I was crying at the drop of a hat, which was good because I really haven't cried in years. I'll try the tea...I'm not a tea person either, but I have a few that I drink for health reasons and I'll get it down if it helps! I have an appt. tomorrow for my 2 week check up, so I'll ask my doc. then what's going on with the bleeding and cramping.

Again, thank you all so much for your help! It's keeping me sane here...and that's a big task right now..hahaaa!
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:51 PM

Lilac,
You must be as sweet as your name. No one on this forum has ever accused me of being sane. If you look back at my old posts you will see that I was the one that was too scared to be sensible. I still don't deny those feelings, and those people that supported me helped me get where I am today. Those people who didn't have their own problems, I am sure.

Just keep talking. Someone will be here for you.

Lots of love,
q
Unread 05-20-2007, 10:44 PM

Hi Ladies!
I have a couple of questions: Has anyone else only had 2 incisions? One in my belly button, one down lower? Everything I have read says that I should have at least 3, but I'm not complaining! Just worried. Go to see the doc next week, but I'm wondering if anyone else had only 2? I also had no internal packing or external shaving, did I really have a hyster?
I am bored out of my head. I take these naps during the day and then I am up half the night.
My family makes me laugh! DH arranged for a mutual aquaintance to "feel free to stop by early on Tues. morning", without asking me if I felt up to it. I'll be shopping ladies, if I have to call a cab to come pick me up and drive me to town and back! First, I will be greeting, and saying goodbye at the door. And hey, no one has vacumed since I had surgery, and I am NOT about to jeopardize my health so this person can stop by!
DH asked me what I was going to do today, weed in the garden, plant? Hohoho! Yep, right after he picks up the debris that has been on the front stoop since the LAST time I weeded, over a week ago and he said he would pick up the stuff and put in the trash, and I have looked at everyday out the front door since then. (Pre surgery) I know he is starting to hint around about me doing other stuff around the house, and I am sure he has probably been talking to other people (woman)where he works part-time. You know, the poor boy syndrome, the ladies who tsk,tsk if a guy has to cook his own eggs no less wash a floor. I didn't realize that a man's gonads got in the way of those activities! I told him that unfortunatley, 20 years ago, he did not marry Atila the Huns daughter, who grunts out children on the battlefield, or resumes full compliment of household chores at less than a week out from womb removal. No bending, no lifting over 10 lbs, and stairs only once a day and only if I have to. That pretty much XSNAYS everything. I throw the laundry down to the laundry room,
click the tv remote, key on my laptop, and turn pages...until Doc says otherwise.
My other DD, asked if I had received my path report, when I said no, she said "Geez! I wish you would hear, then I wouldn't worry so much" You? Me!! Very funny.
Husband has been working extra hours, because he is worried that I am not getting paid for these days home. Hey, at least it is quiet here during the day...he is retired early from his career, so usually he is having a running converstation with the dog when home. Very strange. While I am on strange habits, Anybody else's DH know most of the codes for the veggies in produce dept. and especially the baking dept.? Apparently donuts are coded under "Apple Fritter". Me thinks maybe too many donuts have been purchased while I was working, along with 42 daily crossword puzzles, and sudukos. Here I am living in the land of Oz and didn't even know it! As to the stuff people say, or don't say, or do or don't do, I KNOW that this whole experience has given me a new perspective on what it is like to be at home sick. (My first experience) NEXT time one of my friends is sick, I am not only going to send flowers, or cook something, but while visiting, I'm going to volunteer to put out the trash, vacume, dust or go to the library for them. This experience has also definately given a new rank of importance of the BM's in my life, and I'm wondering if our currency shouldn't be based on prunes...
Unread 05-20-2007, 11:05 PM
gotta love humorous gals!

you ladies make me laugh!!!
quilterperson: I would never accuse a fellow HS of being sane...bahahaha! J/K!
Vilot50: you are just hysterical with that post...you go girl...get it out! you're making me laugh with your all too familiar husband post! They are something else!!

thanks gals!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register