Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 05-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Salviablue,

I too had blood in my urine pre-op. Was sent to urologist and he did a cat-scan, unable to find anything so far. They called me yesterday insisting I need to come in for another test. I have appointment June 6 but already told the nurse I was not allowing any tests before my 6 weeks was up, ain't no-one sticking anything in me right now, but they insist I need to come in. I know there is nothing going on, I had just had a uterine biopsy right before my urine test, that is where the blood came from, just can't convince anyone else of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 09:05 AM

Quiltperson,

I was just thinking I need to get busy on a couple blankets...not sure about knitting, might be able to crochet - been awhile, by grandson is 4 and haven't picked up a needle since daughter was pregnant with him.. Guess it will all come back to me.
Unread 05-23-2007, 09:50 AM

Good morning ladies!!

Imo--congratulations on the granddaughters, that's wonderful news. I'm really happy for you!!

Salviablue--it's good you'll get to go back to work soon. I've got about 4 more weeks and while I know it's for the best that I rest and recover, I actually miss working!

It's two weeks today for me and I'm doing OK. It's frustrating though, the littlest thing seems to over do it for me. My aunt came and visited for a couple of hours yesterday, and I went to a luncheon Monday, for just an hour and a half and I'm beat!!! So, nothing for me for a few days. It's hard; I get antsy staying home, but it's for the best. A good friend of mine sent me a cross stitch kit, so I'm going to play with that and watch all the good stuff I Tivo'd b/f I had surgery. Hours and hours of Ghost Hunters--I'm wierd, I know.

I hope you all have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 09:56 AM

The Potter,

You are not weird, cause if you are than I am too. I love the Ghost Hunters. I watch all those shows. We had surgery same day. Glad you are doing well also. I am so wiped out today but my DH is going to take a half day off work and wants to to shopping. Isn't that a switch. So I can sleep on the way and maybe feel like spending some money....
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Dog and DH

Lilac67 - Yes, My dogs are terrific so is my youngest daughter, we live close to KU where she goes to College and currently they are out for the semester. She has been coming over for lunch almost every day. The first couple days after surgery I was pretty depressed and she doesn't want me to get there again.

The hubby has been great as well. He tells my I like the dogs better then him but I'd say they are a close tie right now LOL

Thanks for sharing the sexual information. I had those same questions.

Hope all are having a happy and pain free day.

Unread 05-23-2007, 11:03 AM

Hey Princesses! I just had my 2 week checkup and all is good. I have some pain in the left side which dr. said is normal and don't overdo it. I have been "paroled from house arrest". Look out Walmart, here I come! Not really, but at least I can if I want to now. Incision is healing great and now just waiting for the 6 week check up to be cleared for life again!
Hope all is well with everyone else!
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaT
Lilac67 - Yes, My dogs are terrific so is my youngest daughter, we live close to KU where she goes to College and currently they are out for the semester. She has been coming over for lunch almost every day. The first couple days after surgery I was pretty depressed and she doesn't want me to get there again.

The hubby has been great as well. He tells my I like the dogs better then him but I'd say they are a close tie right now LOL

Thanks for sharing the sexual information. I had those same questions.

Hope all are having a happy and pain free day.

Sorry to hear you were down. Glad to hear your daughter is there for you, that helps!
No problem on the questions, I just had to ask!
Unread 05-24-2007, 03:16 PM

I'm so proud of myself, I finally got out for a walk today. Perfect timing, too. About 5 minutes after I got home, it started raining like crazy.

How long have you all taken pain meds? I haven't taken anything in a day, but after the walk, I'm really achy and my back's hurting, so I think I'm going to take some ibuprofen. Is this unusual? I'm not in huge amounts of pain, just uncomfortable.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
Unread 05-24-2007, 03:26 PM

Hey Potter, I still take 1 vicodin a night. Helps get rid of the pain for a restful night. I have been overdoing it during the day and tummy starts and back starts to hurtin'. No reason to suffer!
Good job on walking!
Unread 05-24-2007, 04:02 PM

Thanks, I was hoping I was normal. Everyone keeps telling me that I did have major surgery 2 weeks ago, take the painkillers, but I'm just paranoid about that kind of thing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register