Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 06-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

24NascarFan- You sound relieved to have gotten word from the Doc. Glad to hear that it's improving. It will all work out. This is just a bump in the rd. Bink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 04:49 PM

24NascarFan--I'm sorry you can't have it out, but at least you're doing OK!
Unread 06-01-2007, 04:57 PM

Thanks for all of the encouraging words!! It reminds me that I'm not crazy!

I have a cough pillow, which I use ALL of the time. Actually, people in the office were poking fun at me for taking it with me for my appointments. It really makes me feel more secure when I get in and out of the car, though. The two of us have become quite attached!

My other best friend is my abdominal binder. I absolutely could not be without it! The only thing that I regret about that is that it wasn't recommended to me until my incision zipped open. I really think that the pressure would have helped hold everything together...maybe it would have made a difference, maybe not.

Yes, the boredom is freaking me out too! I'm an avid scrapbooker, but I can't even sit in my studio long enough to do anything productive! I need to work on some long overdue thank you notes, etc. Hhhhhmmmm....another errand for hubby to run!

Kris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydamans
have a cough pillow, which I use ALL of the time. Actually, people in the office were poking fun at me for taking it with me for my appointments. It really makes me feel more secure when I get in and out of the car, though. The two of us have become quite attached!

My other best friend is my abdominal binder. I absolutely could not be without it! The only thing that I regret about that is that it wasn't recommended to me until my incision zipped open. I really think that the pressure would have helped hold everything together...maybe it would have made a difference, maybe not.

Yes, the boredom is freaking me out too! I'm an avid scrapbooker, but I can't even sit in my studio long enough to do anything productive! I need to work on some long overdue thank you notes, etc. Hhhhhmmmm....another errand for hubby to run!

Kris
I loved my cough pillow for the longest time as well. Now I just hold on to my tummy b4 I cough, laugh, cry-I wonder sometimes if we will EVER be able to show ANY emotion w/o holding on to our guts!!!!!!

I am so sorry you did not know about the abdominal binder until after the incision burst. I would bet that would have kept it from happening. I LOVED mine and wore it almost constantly. Havent had to in several days now, but it was soooo nice those first 3 weeks.

I love to scrap but haven't in (ok promise not to choke) 8 months!!!!!! EEEEKKKK and I just started scrapping a year ago-so yep, I fell in love with this craft did it for several months and then just stopped. Big problems at home left me not wanting to. BUT took a trip to Hobby Lobby today and got some new inspiration!!!!!! Think I will spend my last 2 weeks b4 returning to work working on my album. Do you handmake your thankyou notes? I haven't gotten in to card making yet. I am one of those who has a MILLION cards bought for EVERY occasion on hand and filed neatly so all I have to do is grab one. Maybe someday I will work thru the stash and actually get to be crafty!!! Sit in your studio and commit to 1 layout-I bet youll get hooked!!!!
Unread 06-01-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePotter
Hey Ang, it's pretty much gone away now. It felt like deep menstrual cramps; I took a percoset once the last couple of days when it got bad, but I seem to be doing well now.

I'm so excited today--DH and I went out for lunch! We were going to try to see a movie, but nothing really appealed to us, so we went to Red Lobster and feasted on crab legs. It was such fun and so nice to be out of the house. Then we rented movies, and the first season of House. Tomorrow we're going to try to go to Bass Pro and the library. DH is carrying my books for me this time!
SOOOO glad you are feeling better. I have been thinking about you!!!! I thought maybe you had just lifted a bit too much. Glad it was nothing more serious.

RED LOBSTER!?!?!?! JEALOUS!!! That sounds WONDERFUL. DH and I went to dinner tonight-just a quick little mexican place, but MAYBE I might take the son to Red lobster tomorrow??? HMMMMMM. Bass Pro? You had better have your tennis shoes on babe-cause if you're going to the one Im thinking of you're gonna NEED em. But the place is cool. Just be careful and sit down if you need to.

Today was a busy day here-went to the A & W drive thru for lunch (would give ANYTHING for Sonic but we dont have such a beast here), then drove about 30 miles to Hobby Lobby browsed around there for a bit, came home picked up my son, went to Aldis for some basic groceries, son dropped me off at DH work, DH and I went to dinner, then I dropped HIM off, went to Wal-Mart for some prescriptions misc shopping. THEN I went and did the "real" grocery shopping. Hubby was NOT happy I did it alone and I tell ya I paid for it-got $200 of groceries in the cart bagged, walked outside and it was POURING RAIN. Guess that's what I get for being a bad girl!!! So now taking it easy. But hoping to clean out the garage tomorrow. I REALLY hope this energy continues!!!!
Unread 06-02-2007, 08:54 AM

Had TAH May 8 due to a year of heavy bleeding from fibroids. Came home the 11th. The nurse removed the staples before I left which I thought was kind of early but she told me they were already falling out. Incision is almost completely closed now. I was sore for the first two weeks home. Just getting out of bed was a chore. I went back to the OBGYN to have incision checked the second week home cause I thought it had opened up. She told me it was fine and would close up as it healed and to continue to put peroxide on it and a gauze pad. It has healed fine. What a Mother's Day gift! My daughters came over to help me out and take me out once in a while. Cabin fever was starting to set in! So far so good. Little twinges here and there but otherwise I feel fine. My OBGYN hasn't talked to me about HRT yet. I do have some mild hot flashes but it's not that bad. If it gets unbearable I'll have to give her a ring.
Unread 06-02-2007, 09:41 AM

Ang, Potter, Chris... It's so good to log on and hear how good everyone is doing. I'm so proud of all of us. We're all pretty tough to be handling all of this as well as we are.

Just got back from another two-mile walk. I did better than my dog!
HAGD All!
Bink
Unread 06-02-2007, 12:51 PM

Hi All - I took me forever to post this, because I did not want to complain. Now I am about 90% healed and healthy (with a better attitude). My LAVH/BSO (da vinci)was on May 7th and I had some complications. I was released from the hospital the next day, but was admitted the following day for extreme anemia. Everyone was baffled as to why I was released with a hemoglobin of 6.9 and I needed a blood transfusion. I spent an additional 3 days in the hospital. I guess they thought because I was a heathy active adult that I would bounce back. There was no "bouncing" involved...it was more like crashing. PLEASE NOTE: ask about your hemoglobin level before going into surgery. If you are anemic, having a blood transfusion before surgery will keep you safe. I was anemic because heavy bleeding from a polyp in my uterus (news I could have used before the surgery!).

I am fine now, though tired at times my hemoglobin is 12.8 and I went back to work this week. It is very nice to be on the other side!

Susan
Unread 06-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sismith
Hi All - I took me forever to post this, because I did not want to complain. Now I am about 90% healed and healthy (with a better attitude). My LAVH/BSO (da vinci)was on May 7th and I had some complications. I was released from the hospital the next day, but was admitted the following day for extreme anemia. Everyone was baffled as to why I was released with a hemoglobin of 6.9 and I needed a blood transfusion. I spent an additional 3 days in the hospital. I guess they thought because I was a heathy active adult that I would bounce back. There was no "bouncing" involved...it was more like crashing. PLEASE NOTE: ask about your hemoglobin level before going into surgery. If you are anemic, having a blood transfusion before surgery will keep you safe. I was anemic because heavy bleeding from a polyp in my uterus (news I could have used before the surgery!).

I am fine now, though tired at times my hemoglobin is 12.8 and I went back to work this week. It is very nice to be on the other side!

Susan
Glad to hear you're on the up side sis!
Unread 06-02-2007, 02:22 PM

It sounds like we're all doing good!

I'm a little, OK, a lot tired now. We did the Bass Pro thing and then stopped at the library. I bet it was the one you're thinking of, Ang, in Springfield. We wandered around for awhile and when I got tired, we went back and got a wheelchair and DH got a kick out of pushing me around the store. Got a few strange looks, but what the hey. We had fun. I've got a good new stock of books too, so other than church tomorrow, I'm not going out for a couple of days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register