Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 06-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

fly1gurl,
I haven't had any bleeding since I left the hospital not even any discharge I hope none of that will happen at all.
I don't know about the girdle It may cause your stiches on the inside to pull, I had an upper abdominal surgery 10 yrs ago and they had me wear a binder for a while that was great cause when I took it off to shower I thought all my guts were going to fall out.
I have swelly belly bad too, in the morning I can see alittle of my scar from the lap but by the end of the day its nowhere to be seen. I think I am PMSing alittle too eat, eat ,eat. I got to get a handle on it. So here goes the diet again. I don't want to gain the weight I ve lost, I dropped about 26lb since Jan. I do not want it back.
Hope everything goes good for you too, I won't go back to work until July 9th, maybe, it depends on how I feel. If they told me to go back today, NO WAY! I deal with patients and could not do my job well if I got into some pain. Barely made it through the week that I had my lap, don't want to go there.

You gals that are back working either from your home or at work take care make sure you look after yourselves.

TAH kept ovaries,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 06:11 PM

I had a TAH on May 11 and I was wondering, is it normal to have muscle spasms below my incision now for two days.??
Unread 06-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Good going Cheryl! Sounds like me. I've really had no problems. Just the incision after I got home. It was kind of open but it's fine now. Just takes time to heal completely. Swelly Belly is another thing but what can I do? Eventually it will be a thing of the past. It's better than dealing with the problems before surgery. No more periods for weeks on end! I will definately have no regrets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 06:25 PM

I've been having those for a couple of days now so I think it's normal.
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:08 PM

This is only my 2nd post still not sure I'm doing this right. LAVH on 5/14/07 was doing great until yesterday. Think I may have over done it, wore jeans for the first time, could only keep them on for two hours, insides are still tender, have been wearing sweats for three weeks. Today still uncomfortable, a little pain with a pulling/tugging feeling....is that normal?? I'm hoping I didn't wreck any healing that has been going on. I lifted (2) 12 packs of soda.
Also have been having some kind of leakage, not sure if its urine or some kind of discharge. I have to go to bathroom way more often now. It seems as soon as my bladder has even the smallest amount in there, I need to go. Is this all part of the recovery process? I know, all this I should be asking my doctor, which I will next week at my appointment, just checking to see if I'm the only one this is happening to.
Anyone?
Thanks so much
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sismith
Yes, thanks to all. It does help to know that others are experiencing the same things. One day I feel good and then the next day I am too tired to do much. Today I am having some pain and I have not needed to take anything for a couple of weeks. I must have done too much yesterday (laundry and vaccuming).

Thanks to all for sharing!
My mom had a hysterectomy when I was 13. The one thing she advised me to not do at all was use the vac. My husband got me a Roomba for Christmas. I thought I would hate it but instead I love it. I've been especially grateful for it during my recovery.
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly1gurl
i see a few members online now can anyone tell me what your activity level is ? is anyone else still having lazy days? like all day on the couch..is anyone still on pain meds ?
No more pain meds. I walk up to 3 miles a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. I tolerate walking much better than sitting. I sat through a 3 hour meeting at work yesterday and a 2 hour meeting today and I'm so sore.
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:57 PM

Whitepine-
I too had the urinary symptoms, it didn't hurt, but felt like I had to go, then 15 minutes felt the same way again. I went in and the urine dip showed nothing, but when they cultured they found I had a urinary tract infection. Just a thought.
I had my TVH May 14th and I feel really good overall. I would have had my period by now, but NEVER AGAIN! It feels good to know that finally.
I spent the entire day today at cub scout day camp with my 2 boys, then a baseball game and now I am wiped out!!
It feels good to finally be able to do some normal things. I am going back to work (one day a week is all) next week. I am just trying to not overdo it.
I hope everyone is recovering well. I have been lucky to have either my mom or mother in law here to help me with the house and kids. Next week I will be on my own again. Yikes!
Unread 06-06-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanabanana
My dad's health is failing rapidly so I have been cleared by my DR to fly 3000 miles. I've been fortunate not to have had a lot of pain, but I'm extremely tired. I leave on Tuesday which will be 4 weeks post-op. Anyone else do any traveling yet?
My mom had emergency open heart surgery 2 weeks after my surgery. I really wanted to be with her, so I did 4 hour drive (I rode) one way.
It was extremely painful/hard to get comfortable. I went back on pain meds for the ride.
The travel and stress definitely set me back. My mom is now with me recoverying so I am focusing more on her then myself... also not great, but sometimes things don't go as you want or plan. Though seeing your dad is very important, do remember to take care of yourself. When I was in hospital for my mom, I carried my blue donut around so I could sit and they had pillows/blankets available... just don't be embarrassed to crash on a waiting room couch. Get horizontal and rest whenever you can. Your dad wants you to take care of yourself too.
I did 20 hours of flying (from west coast to Paris) a day after a D&C... my doctors made me get up and walk every 2 hours and wear those lovely stockings that help you avoid blood clots... this would seem really important for you too. Good to check on it... can get them at drug store.
Good luck to you and I hope things are ok with your Dad.
Unread 06-06-2007, 06:38 AM

Hey all, I haven't checked in for a while, but I'm here! TLH May 14. Did really well the first two days, but have not done as well since. Spending a lot of time in bed, ran a low grade fever for 2 weeks, exhausted like I can't believe. I think I"m probably overdoing things, but what do I do? I have 3 kids and I've gone to their ballgames, comfy chair and pillow in hand. I drove 1 mile Monday, came home and slept 2 hours. I have 3 incisions; 2 are doing well and 1 is not. I go back for my first post op appointment Friday, but have been back for the fever. I work from home, so I've been back since Monday. I can usually work for an hour or so, then I need a nap. I've spent some of my down time planning our summer vacation. We're doing 3 days to Disney World (I'm renting a scooter to get around) and a cruise.

I don't regret doing this. Honestly, the pain is NOTHING compared to what I had been experiencing. I would absolutely do it again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register