Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 06-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

morning everyone
ifurg1, hope you and your mom are doing well..sounds like you have a full plate;just remember to take some time for yourself
whitepine- i started bleedin around 5 days ago,just pinkish when i wiped but now it's turned brownish/gold and i've had to start wearin a panty liner ugh !!!! i think it's like everyone says- we're just healing inside..i got my report of operation for work and it said gelfoam? was used at vaginal cuff..so i think the body is so amazing that it's healing itself and getting rid of what it doesn't need..
the last week has been hard, but feel like things are getting so much better-thursday will start week 5;the sun's even out today...hope everyone is feeling well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W
Good going Cheryl! Sounds like me. I've really had no problems. Just the incision after I got home. It was kind of open but it's fine now. Just takes time to heal completely. Swelly Belly is another thing but what can I do? Eventually it will be a thing of the past. It's better than dealing with the problems before surgery. No more periods for weeks on end! I will definately have no regrets!
Hey Chris - I see you are in Lincoln, I'm in Wickford. I guess we have both ends of the state covered. Swelly Belly is the biggest problem here too. And a pain in my right side. That's been a problem since the surgery. I guess they did a lot of work on that side. Dr. said not to worry. It is better than it has been but one false move and ouch! It feels weird not to be having my period this week. White pants here I come (once I fit into them again) I guess patience is a virtue that I'm lacking but it sure beats the way I was feeling pre-op. Stay well and I hope you're enjoying the beautiful spring weather we've beeen having (ok, not so much today, but...)
Maria
Unread 06-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Hi ladies. I have not been on in a few weeks. This week is week three for me and on Friday I began having "mini periods." I freaked out because I came home from the circus with my kids and the cramping was intense. My doc never told me that since I kept my cervix to expect mini periods. When I talked to him I felt relief but as each day passes I am getting more and more nervous. I am bleeding as if I have my uterus. I had what I thought to be my last spurt of bleeding up until surgery and when this started I could not believe it. I am in shock still. Is there any one out there who has or is experiencing this? Does anyone know about cauterizing your cervix? If so do you have any information for me?

I wish nothing but the best to all of you ladies in recovery.

<3 Kristin <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviatoo
Whitepine-

I had my TVH May 14th and I feel really good overall. I would have had my period by now, but NEVER AGAIN! It feels good to know that finally.
I spent the entire day today at cub scout day camp with my 2 boys, then a baseball game and now I am wiped out!!
It feels good to finally be able to do some normal things. I am going back to work (one day a week is all) next week. I am just trying to not overdo it.
I hope everyone is recovering well. I have been lucky to have either my mom or mother in law here to help me with the house and kids. Next week I will be on my own again. Yikes!
Chris, KUDOS to you for Cub Scout camp. I can't even tolerate the thought of doing the familiy cookout tonight. It's a 1.5 mile walk from the parking lot to the fire; it would be over by the time I got there. DH is going to the camp, and I'm going scrapbooking at my neighbor's house.

I'm really glad you're doing well. I've thought about you a lot lately, wondering how you're doing.

Take care!
Unread 06-06-2007, 10:08 AM

Good morning everyone! I finally got a decent night's sleep last night, so things are looking up. I'm going to try to make my first solo trip to Wal-Mart today. I'm in the middle of a cross stitch project and ran out of one color; I have literally hundreds of spools of floss, but none in that color! DH's b-day is tomorrow too and I haven't had a chance to get him something; I'm going to go looking. I have no idea what to get him, so I'm kind of lost!
Unread 06-06-2007, 11:20 AM

Soo jealous! Walmart & a decent night's sleep! I might have to try Walmart soon. I am going thru withdrawals! I can manage small trips out but Walmart is never a small trip. Pushing the cart is the worst for me. It causes some pain. I did walk 3 miles on Sunday (2 separate walks) & felt fine but I had a back ache & pain in my side most of Monday. I am still amazed at how long the healing process is. I kept 1 ovary and had a FSH test done at 10 post op. Dr. said that my hormones were fine but I still have insomnia and wake up hot! Any suggestions or ideas of what could be wrong?
Unread 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM

It could just be the surgery. When I had a previous surgery, it was on my liver, but it still messed with my hormones. I was hot all the time and I did have a little trouble sleeping (but nothing like now). It eventually went away with time.

I'm amazed about this healing process too. This has physically been sooooo much easier than my last surgery, I keep thinking I can do more than I can.
Unread 06-06-2007, 12:18 PM

Thanks Potter, I hope it will wear off. I tried tylenol PM...just 1 and it helps me to go to sleep for about 5 hours. Then awake and hot! Wow, your liver surgery must have been rough! I am a wimp because my patience is just about at it's limit with the whole healing process
I truly thought, in my naive mind, that I would be feeling fine in 2-3 weeks and have 3-4 weeks of fun time before going back to work. That just so didn't happen!
Unread 06-06-2007, 12:41 PM

Hey gals! I had to make a trip to Walmart about a week ago...I was able to use one of their motorized scooter. It was short, but great! I couldn't have done it without the scooter, and DH driving, but it felt so good to get out of the house!

I'm so envious of everyone who is on the mend enough to drive, shop, work, walk, etc. I feel great on the inside, but I'm still battling this open incision thing. Its healing nicely, but I still cannot sit up straight in a chair for more than 20 minutes or so because of the pressure on my wound.
Unread 06-06-2007, 02:10 PM

I've learned that Wal-Mart by myself probably wasn't the smartest thing I could do. I am sooooooo wiped out now. I'm also really disappointed, they remodeled the store recently, so of course I can't find anything, which is frustrating enough. They got rid of the cross-stitch section!!!! I was wanting to get some thread and now I can't do that and there isn't anywhere else in town to go. Oh well, I have a doc appt next week, I'll hit Hobby Lobby while up I'm there. OK, enough whining!

Yeah, the liver surgery was tough. I've got a 10 inch scar that starts at my sternum and runs down around my ribs on the right side. It made getting around really hard. Thank goodness for Percoset!! Going through that made me think this was a piece of cake, but it's not!

I've got to go--my neighbor brought me over some Star magazines. She's got me hooked!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register