Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 06-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Hi Potter - I'm having the same problem. If I take the Benadryl I sleep pretty well but wake up late. But at least I feel somewhat human. Two nights ago I decided not to take anything. The minute my head hit the pillow my mind started racing. I fell asleep at 11:00 for about 2 hours and then I was up. So I took a Tylenol 3 because the codeine only lasts about 5 hours for me and then watched TV until 3:00 a.m. Finally fell asleep again but I was miserable the next day. Last night one Benadryl did it but I was asleep until 9:30 this morning. I'm afraid of disrupting my sleep patterns too and I'm not much of a pill person to begin with. But I'd rather sleep than eat these days. I need my 9 hours. On a funny note - I just came back from Wal Mart too! Ha!! Although DH came with me so it wasn't as much fun. He actually thinks you should go to Wal Mart to get what you came for and then leave. We did a few errands and now my tummy is really tight so time for a bit of rest. Stay cool and get your beauty sleep. I don't know what I'd do without this site!
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepine
Oliviatoo,
Thanks so much for the response. Never thought of possible UT infection. Will get that checked out next week at appt. Discomfort in belly is much better today. I think it was a matter of over doing it the previous day.
I've been back to work this week for a couple days (1/2 days), so far going alright, very tired when I get home, sitting in an office chair is much different than lounging on the couch. Its taking more out of me than what I expected.
I was also due for my period this week and its so nice not having it!! Going from periods that would last 13 days EVERY month with heavy bleeding/clotting for the last 8 years to not having a period at all is wonderful. I no longer have to plan my life around my periods!
Thanks again, take care!
Whitepine-
I went back to work this wk too. Started out with full days and exausted myself. I know what you mean about the office chair vs. the couch. Zoiks! My belly is aching! Going in late tomorrow and leaving early. Wow, I had no idea how much this would wipe me out!
Bink
Unread 06-07-2007, 06:27 PM

Hi everyone. I had my first follow up today and it went well. The catheter came out and I'm back to going normally. Today after the appt, DH and I went to a couple of stores and I feel great! It was the first time I was out in almost a month. I'm a little tired, but overall feel so much better without the catheter. I hope I don't overdo now that I'm not tied down. I'm thinking about going back to work part-time starting June 18th. The Dr. said it's up to me.

Hope everyone is doing well! Talk to you later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2007, 08:07 PM

FINALLY some good news! My doctor is very pleased with the progress of my incision, and feels that I am past the point of it opening up again. What a relief!

She said that I could resume all activities as I felt comfortable, including driving , but I cannot sit upright for very long yet. She agreed to keep me off work for 8 weeks instead of the original 6 that we planned before my complication.

Things are looking up! I'm hoping that in 3-4 more weeks, I'll be feeling BETTER than before the surgery!

Kris
Unread 06-08-2007, 03:53 PM

Hi all, I need to vent for a sec.... Okay, I had my post op 6 week checkup scheduled since the week of surgery and I got a call yesterdat ( 4 weeks later ) saying that the dr. won't be in the office that day, I need to reschedule, She can't fit me until 7/2 - 8 weeks to the day! ARGH, does that mean that I cannot have sex, vaccuum or swim until I am seen or should I just wait my 6 weeks and be free of dr's orders. Also this dr. is new to me - just this 6 mos - due insurance changes. Out of 5 appts (including original surgery date), 3 appts have had to be changed. Does this seem excessive to anyone else? Thanks in advance!
Unread 06-08-2007, 04:02 PM

Hey,

I had my 4 wk dr visit he has cleared me for everything, I will still be off for two more weeks for work but I can be normal again.
I just have to work up my strength so that I can go back to work, just doing what I did today wore me out. I'all be glad to get back to work to see everyone I just dread being tired I know I will.
My DH is happy, you could just see the wheels turning when I told him ALL normal activities,LOL.
Unread 06-08-2007, 04:30 PM

So envious! That just isn't fair On the flip side of me being ticked off. I just took my disability papers into her office today (she was out) and left them with her assistant and she was like "you were suppose to have your cleared to go to work appt on 6/18" and I said, "yep, and now that you moved it to 7/2, I will not be cleared until then" That is 8 weeks and the dr. had told me previously that I could have 8 weeks off. Soooo
Even with that, I am still really ticked at the dr.!
Unread 06-08-2007, 05:25 PM

That's got to be frustrating, jtwilliams. But, you do get that extra time off! I had to reschedule my 6 week appt too. Turns out my doc is out of town that week, so now I see him next Thursday. Probably for the best, cause this whole menopause thing is really freaking me out.

Congrats to everyone! It sounds like we're all doing well. I'm even a little perkier this evening, I really hope it lasts. I got lots of sleep last night and went for a walk today.
Unread 06-08-2007, 06:59 PM

Thanks Potter & good for you! A good nights sleep does improve life! Well, I hope I get the time off. I will know on Monday when I pick up the paperwork. I was pretty incisdent about it and the assistant wasn't impressed. Oh well, if I am too disabled for sex and vaccuuming, then how can I be able to work?
Unread 06-08-2007, 07:28 PM

They need me back at work, so as a test I drove to town and only went to myfavorite quilt hop ( a tiny little building with a smal ramped entrance). I was in the store, mostly catching up, for an hour, then came home. In total I was gone for less than 2 hours. My left side hurts, and I am so tired that I can hardly stay awake. Driving only hurt becasue of the vibration.

It has been about 4 1/2 weeks from my LAVH and removal of one ovary and a filled ovarian cyst.

How can this still be the case? I mean I went t town this morning. Is this normal?

q

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register