Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 06-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Ok, I admit it. I am crying UNCLE!!!! I now know why they say NOT to vacuum. OUCHIE!!!!! Of course my form of vacuuming meant moving furniture and using TWO different vacuums. The heavy kirby for the floors and the lightweight kenmore for the furniture, ceilings and walls. AND I can't even stop have to finish. DH is making fun of me cause he knows Im gonna hurt like you know what later. But it feels SOOOOOOO good to get this family room CLEAN. Maybe that is what I will do this week a room at a time top to bottom until the house is in shape. It HAS to be in shape b4 I go back to work on the 18th. I will say I am DIGGIN this no perios thing. Altho it is hard to get used to. Yesterday I felt what WOULD have been cramps. I immediately started worrying about finding a bathroom (heavy bleeder prior) boy was it nice to know I didn't have to worry about it !! WOO HOO!!! Makes all of the last 5 weeks worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2007, 09:45 PM

Ladies, I had my LAH on May 2nd and am now finally feeling normal. My surgery took longer than expected due to much larger fibroids and a uterus that had attached itself to my bladder from a prior c-section. I have been reading these postings for some time and am envious of those who are already walking 1 to 2 miles soon after their surgery. I spent one night in the hospital and was released the next morning. I live only 20 minutes from the hospital and within 10 minutes of being home I noticed a very large mass that had developed above my lower incision. My doctor told me I had bled in the recovery room and that I aggravated it again. Within days the right side of my body swelled and I turned black and blue from my rib cage down into my upper thigh(normal he said). I was very nauseous and started feeling worse. I went to the Emergency room ,got an Iv,anti nausea medicine and a cat scan. Found some blood clots but nothing else. Fast forward to the next few weeks and I slowly started feeling better, swelling went down(bruising still visible) but I started cramping. The cramping went away,never bled but felt like I was having a very bad period. Starting to feel normal again but was wondering if anyone had the terrible bruising and large blood mass develope as a result of Lap surgery.

Has anyone else had the large blood
Unread 06-10-2007, 09:51 PM

Ladies, I had my LAH on May 2nd and am now finally feeling normal. My surgery took longer than expected due to much larger fibroids and a uterus that had attached itself to my bladder from a prior c-section. I have been reading these postings for some time and am envious of those who are already walking 1 to 2 miles soon after their surgery. I spent one night in the hospital and was released the next morning. I live only 20 minutes from the hospital and within 10 minutes of being home I noticed a very large mass that had developed above my lower incision. My doctor told me I had bled in the recovery room and that I aggravated it again. Within days the right side of my body swelled and I turned black and blue from my rib cage down into my upper thigh(normal he said). I was very nauseous and started feeling worse. I went to the Emergency room ,got an Iv,anti nausea medicine and a cat scan. Found some blood clots but nothing else. Fast forward to the next few weeks and I slowly started feeling better, swelling went down(bruising still visible) but I started cramping. The cramping went away,never bled but felt like I was having a very bad period. Starting to feel normal again but was wondering if anyone had the terrible bruising and large blood mass develope as a result of Lap surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2007, 09:58 PM

Hi Everyone!!
I am so glad that it sounds like we are all healing great!! After my TAH I was home for two days then rehospitalized for five days with fever and high WBC, put on IV antibiotics and then sent home.

My question is anyone else having pain near the end of the urination? It hurts so much for a few minutes then it is gone. I feel the best when my bladder is full!! My Doc says it is probably from the vagina cuff. Any ideas? Do I have to live with this for the rest of my life??

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejrs
My question is anyone else having pain near the end of the urination? It hurts so much for a few minutes then it is gone. I feel the best when my bladder is full!! My Doc says it is probably from the vagina cuff. Any ideas? Do I have to live with this for the rest of my life??

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Nursejrs-I feel pain when I'm urinating, but it's mainly when I first sit down and have to relax those muscles to go. I've found that if I wait too long to go, the pain is much worse. It's best for me to go as soon as I feel the need (which is often, considering that I'm drinking water like a fish).
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:37 AM

Hi Nursejrs, I have the same pain. Mostly in the morning or if I haven't emptied in 4 or more hours. the longer i wait the worse it feels. I have a call into the dr re: this and I will let you know what she says. It isn't fun! Today is 5weeks for me! It seems like forever since being in the hospital! Hope everyone has a great day!
Unread 06-11-2007, 09:50 AM

Hello all. Just thought I'd check in. I'm looking at going back to work half days next week. I'm feeling so much better with the catheter out. My DH says I need to slow down!! I have the most trouble getting up and down, but other than that I think I'm almost up to speed. I miss work so much, I look forward to getting back there! I know, I'm sick in the head, right? But I have a great job that I really love, so it's hard not to miss it :-)
This past weekend I got out of the house a lot. Saturday DH and I caught a movie and did a little shopping. Yesterday a friend invited me to her daughter's Girl Scout bridging ceremony and then when I got back, DH and I went out to dinner and took a nice drive. I'm finally starting to feel human again!!
How is everyone else doing in this department?
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwilliams
Hi all, I need to vent for a sec.... Okay, I had my post op 6 week checkup scheduled since the week of surgery and I got a call yesterdat ( 4 weeks later ) saying that the dr. won't be in the office that day, I need to reschedule, She can't fit me until 7/2 - 8 weeks to the day! ARGH, does that mean that I cannot have sex, vaccuum or swim until I am seen or should I just wait my 6 weeks and be free of dr's orders. Also this dr. is new to me - just this 6 mos - due insurance changes. Out of 5 appts (including original surgery date), 3 appts have had to be changed. Does this seem excessive to anyone else? Thanks in advance!
JT - I would be so angry and I would tell that office to get me an appointment ASAP! that is rediculous. Who do they think they are! You can't just keep waiting weeks on end for them to release you to get back to normal life.

But I would not do anything before you dr appt especially sex. You don't want to risk damaging anything or causing an infection whe you have invested all this time being careful.

I sure hope they get you an appoint SOON! :burning:

Here's a Hug I hope it helps a little:
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:13 AM

Hey ladies, I'm starting to feel more human as well. I can't believe it's been almost 5 weeks; the time really has gone so fast. I should be back at work next week too, I'm kind of hoping to just do part time, to ease back into it, but I'm flexible!

I'm nervous/excited--I'm going to get my hair cut short today! I've always wanted to try really short hair, but never had the guts. I figure I might as well try it out, so at 1:30, I'm getting it chopped!
Unread 06-11-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaT
JT - I would be so angry and I would tell that office to get me an appointment ASAP! that is rediculous. Who do they think they are! You can't just keep waiting weeks on end for them to release you to get back to normal life.

But I would not do anything before you dr appt especially sex. You don't want to risk damaging anything or causing an infection whe you have invested all this time being careful.

I sure hope they get you an appoint SOON! :burning:

Here's a Hug I hope it helps a little:
Thanks. I feel more justified in my anger now. I can't get a sooner appt BUUT the office just called and my disability papers are ready for pick up. Going right now. Dying to know how long she took me off for. Best dang well be the 8 weeks or else!
Thanks for the advice also. I know that I don't want to damage anything but this increased libido thing is driving me crazy and what if all the articles are right and it is gone before we got to benefit from it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register