Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 - Page 43 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 06-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Brighterdays--I've had both of my ovaries removed and have had days like that. Last week I had a few days where I cried at the drop of a hat. It is like PMS. I don't know if this helps, but my mom has gone though menopause (never had a hyst), but she says that she still gets "phantom periods." She'll have all the joys of PMS without the bleeding. You might be doing something like that.

Sismith--I don't know about the spotting. I stopped the first week home. My gyn had said I could spot for up to 2 weeks. Can you still call this oncologist with a question? I'd call and just make sure this is normal. They had told me it was only abnormal if I bled as much as I did when I had a period, or more, but I don't know about how long you've been spotting.

Jtwilliams--did your doc ever call?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2007, 08:23 AM

Hey Potter, nope, no call. I know she was in the office yesterday because I saw her way down a hall when I picked up my disability papers. Her office staff bites so who knows if she got the message. I think I will just deal with my issues and see her on 7/2. This site is wonderful because any problem that I have ever had, someone else is dealing with too. Safety in numbers???? It feels like it
Sissmith - I haven't spotted at all. I have read though that when the stitches are healing that you may have some. Good luck finding a gyn. A good one is h ard to come by!
Unread 06-12-2007, 09:01 AM

Thanks. My instincts tell me I need to call the doctor and ask. You really helped. Sometimes I am cautious because I do not want to overract. I will can the oncologists office and see what they say.

Off to work. Have a great day! Get some rest for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2007, 09:33 AM

Hey Potter, hold the phone. the nurse just called. They want me to do another urine test. I don't think it is a UTI, only hurts after i empty my bladder after 4 or more hours. Stupid! I asked the nurse re: 6 wk restrictions. She said normally, the dr says wait until you are examined & asked if I would like her to talk to the dr. Of course! She is suppose to call back. Hopefully with good news! Now to spend another 2 hours waiting in the lab for a test. ewwww
Unread 06-12-2007, 09:49 AM

What fun! Maybe your doc will call back with good news and it'll all be worth it!
Unread 06-12-2007, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the happy wishes, but they just came CRASHING down. I just go the big fat, "dr said no, sorry, see you on the 2nd"....call. Now off to the lab. I was in such a happy mood when I woke up
Unread 06-12-2007, 10:27 AM

That's a bummer. I'm sorry!
Unread 06-12-2007, 12:40 PM

sismith
sounds like you may have a bladder infection if you have pain at the end of urination has this been on going or recent, did the oncologist write a release for you to return to work? Make sure you get a follow up thats important. Hope everything works out for you.
Unread 06-12-2007, 02:04 PM

sismith... I have the same pain and just got back from the lab. Dr. wanted another urine test. I don't think I have a UTI. I only hurts if it has been a while since I have emptied. I guess I will just wait for a call later this week. You should call your dr. though...if you don't have one, what about your primary care dr??
Unread 06-12-2007, 05:17 PM

had post-op appt today (week 5 of recovery). everything healing normally. no restrictions with the exception of listen to the body when there is pain or fatigue. Uterus was sent to pathologist and found many fibroids along with the big one (egg size) that was causing all my problems. Not that I was second guessing decision to go ahead with hysterectomy but just confirmed that the decision I made was a good one.
Also started back to work full time this week, that is going well so far.
Still hoping the "swelly belly" is only temporary during recovery time. When I asked my doctor all she would tell me is I should see improvement as time goes by. Stomach starts out flat in the morning but the more active I am, the swelling starts. She assured me it was normal, but a definate "this is only temporary" would have made me feel much better.
Hope everyone's recovery is going well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register