Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

I've been back to work for 3 weeks. I work from home, and every day, my hubby puts my computer on the bed and I stay here until I fall asleep. It's worked pretty well so far.

I go back for my 6 week on Tuesday. I look forward to being released to be normal LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2007, 05:22 PM

Hey guys I have actually missed you all!!!! We spent so much "time together" at the beginning. But I am glad we are all going on with our lives. YAY for us!!! The worst is LONG over. WOO HOO!!! I went back to work this week. BUT thanks to my 12 y/o getting in trouble in school last week I didn't feel comfortable leaving him alone for the summer SO I am only working in the office on monday and thursday a.m. The rest of the time (about 12-16 hours) I am fitting in here at home. Its going to be a GREAT summer. We started back to work this week. We meaning my son and I, I am taking him with me when I go. Today we went to the beach after work. Man was it a good time. I had not gotten in to a swimsuit in over 4 years. So I went and bought a cute new one over the weekend and some beach toys. I figured with me being out of work so long we will not be able to afford a vacation this year so my son and I will be going to the beach a couple of times a week. After the initial investment in goodies its FREE. I like free. I do have one question, why do people go to the beach if they are either not going to get in the water or just wade in it. I was the only do-do out there in the water on my tube, but it was a BLAST. I hope you all are doing well!!! Keep us updated
Unread 06-22-2007, 08:03 AM

Hi Ang - Enjoy your summer! You certainly have your priorities straight. Our DS have to come first. I have an 11 year old. Once my swelly-belly goes down a bit more I'm in for a new suit. I live 15 miles from the ocean; it's heaven! I'm usually the one out there in the waves with a boogie-board so you're not the only one. Hey, we only live once and we better do it right. Woo-hoo is right. I work for a non-profit and I told my president that I'd work 40 hours, as long as she doesn't care which 40 it is. So if I have to work at night so be it. Summer is too short.

It is a blessing that we've come through the worst part. DH's head was spinning this morning as I was telling him everything I want to do this weekend. I feel like my old self; much better than even before the surgery.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2007, 09:01 AM

The ocean-how NICE!!!! We only have3 the lake, but Lake Michigan looks kinda like an ocean. And we dont have those fishies that like to eat people!!!! And Im glad to know Im not the only one out there actually IN the water. I swear they only go to look cute in their bikinis!!! I am WELL past a kini or even looking good in ANY suit but that's ok.

Yeppers priorities were put straight by the surgery. I had spent soooo long doing nothing but sitting in front of the tv at home, working or worrying about work. NO MORE. You're right, we have one life and I have wasted the last 7 years of it. NO MORE. Something about my husband taking darn good care of me, my sons actually acting like they cared and not even receiving a get well card from work. YEPPERS, that'll do it!!!!

Take care of yourself and have a great summer. Check in now and again so we know how ya are!!!
Unread 06-22-2007, 10:16 AM

Thanks anj! Have fun and don't forget the sunscreen!
Unread 06-22-2007, 10:52 AM

Hey Ladies, count me in the water too. Luv boogie boarding & Surfing (Pismo Beach, Bay Area, Hawaii). Unfortunately the ocean is a bit away from us but we enjoy it. Lots of lakes here and of course the pool. My girlfriend and I always say that we are going to put our DHs in bright pink speedos and no one will care if we are wearing a bikini or nothing at all for that matter

All in all the recovery was harder than I thought but how great it is to have so much time off in the summer! My kids are young so they have to go to summer care while I work so this month has been great for them. Hmmm, do I have any parts to give up for next summer??

Everyone keeping posting, our recoveries are not over yet, just in a better phase now!
Unread 06-22-2007, 11:07 AM

Too funny about the speedos, hmmm wonder if that would work!!!!!

And I was able to keep my ovaries altho doc said they may need to come out later. I have told DH that next the doc will need to take one, and after that the other one, then the appendix and then the spleen (you can live without that right???) then I think I am out of expendable parts dang it!!!! HEHE
Unread 06-22-2007, 11:16 AM

OH no,you still have the gallbladder, tonsils, 1 kidney, and then it has to go to elective surgeries...hehehe. I have thought this through!!!
Man, I am bummed though..Only kept 1 ovary! shoot gonna have to give up something else!
Unread 06-24-2007, 05:59 PM

Well girls, back to work for me tomorrow first day wish me luck. I 'll be glad to get back into the swing of things. gonna miss this freedom and the afternoon naps, thats going to be hard.
Glad to hear everyone is doing good.
I have been so thankful to have such a great group of support out here.
best wishes to you all and hope we will all keep in touch.
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:36 PM

Have a great day tomorrow!!

I had my 6 week on Friday. He says that I am healed from the surgery, and that his goal is that he has fixed 20% of my problem. The pain has come back and the swelling has not gone down. I am very frustrated. Will see my gp tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register