Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Unread 05-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 07-May 14,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang71
Ok I know I posted this on another forum, but I just had to post here and see what ya'll think. Had my first f/u with surgeon yesterday @ 11 days post op. He checked the abdominal incision. Talked to me and cleared me for like EVERYTHING (yes even sex-w/o and internal exam????). He did stated to not do heavy lifting bending etc. BUT, IDK I just kinda feel this isn't smart at all. Have you guys had any experience like this?? He is oking my full 6 weeks out of work seems to think I will ned that and thata great. Just a bit nervous about the other.

Also I haven't had any of the crying etc. BUT hubby does keep telling me I am being kind of nasty. I dont think so and usually I am pretty in tune with that sort of thing. We had some MAJOE marital problems in February and I ahve felt some of the same "Vibes" from back then. IDK if its the surgery, him not knowing hot to deal with the surgery, my imagination or that he doesn't feel well (chronic illness) but it is SOMETHING. Hubby has kept me on best rest for the last two weeks and I have sooo wanted to get out of bed, but now that I Can I don't want to. Want to sleep the day away and stay away from him for fear of getting in to a spat!!!
Your body is telling you to rest so go for it! i still can't believe you were cleared for sex 2 weeks after. I'm not telling my husband this.
My doc said 6 weeks mandatory to let everything heal.
I am 15 days out from surgery and this past week I have been feeling strange sensations...like pressure on my cervix and having to feel like I need to go to the bathroom all the time. anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salviablue
Your body is telling you to rest so go for it! i still can't believe you were cleared for sex 2 weeks after. I'm not telling my husband this.
My doc said 6 weeks mandatory to let everything heal.
I am 15 days out from surgery and this past week I have been feeling strange sensations...like pressure on my cervix and having to feel like I need to go to the bathroom all the time. anyone else have this problem?

Thank you-I did manage to make it outside to VERY CAREFULLY weed a flower bed. Hubby was all in arears about it. Even with the neighbor lady telling me she went becak to work after a week!! he still will hear nothing of it. Which is fine, but Im not allowed to do it, he isn't doing it-yep you can IMAGINE how the house is beginning to look!! Oh well wont KILL me to let it wait another God knows how long huh?

IDK about the pressure on the cervix-no longer have one of those!!! I hope you get the sensation taken care of tho. I have had it really easy. Just more frustration than anything else. I want to do ths stuff that NEEDS to be done cause if I dont now by the time hubby "allows" me to the house is going to be HORRID. Keep in mind we have 18y/o & 12 y/o sons-2 labs and a St Bernard. YIKES!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!
Unread 05-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the concern...

I am in outside sales for a food distribution company. My HR person is the one that told me that they would terminate me if I missed more than a week...so I decided I wouldn't even miss a day. I called the office by noon on Monday (my surgery was at 7:30am) to check on all my clients and make sure everything was taken care of. I am the benefits provider in my family and I had to interview for this job for 3 months before I got hired. It's a good job and I hope to retire from this company...so I'm gonna do what I have to ~ I won't lie, I think it would be nice to have my DH pamper me and the whole bit, but he's hardly even paid any attention since coming home from the hospital. He helped me change the sheets on the bed a few minutes ago and I told him that usually it take several weeks for women to get back to any semblence of normal, let alone work, make beds, drive kids to and fro school, etc. His reply was, "what am I supposed to do, lay around in bed with you all day?" Cause all I have done today and part of yesterday is SLEEP....OMG, everything is making me very tired.

OK, the bladder thing, I have to pee constantly, I have been drinking a ton of water since the surgery, but it sure seems like getting up 2-4 times a night to pee is alot. However, when I do go, I really empty my bladder!

My bottom is very sore too, I'm wondering what the heck they did to my rectum while I was sleeping...

OK, by far the worst thing for me is this awful taste in my mouth!!!! Everything tastes horrible, I mean everything from a piece of apple, to a bite of chicken, 7up, bbq sauce, everything...help! I have been drinking so much water which I know is good, but I really think I feel week from not eating... Any suggestions or ideas.

Thank you all for your replies and your concern, this is such a wonderful place to get the support you need!

I am thankful everyone seems to be doing well, cancer tests are coming out good and all of my May Sisters are staying strong.

Melicat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2007, 04:24 PM

I wish you well, Sweetie, but I think that you are setting yourself up for failure. Even if you can't see the damage, your insides were picked up, moved every which way, cut out, sewed and cauterized back together. You are being held together with paper and tape. Lifting more than a pound or bending will most likely undo everything that has been done.

I am a rather meek person, but my feeling is that if you want to be around for your clients, then you had better take some time off now. If your husband doesn't want to care from you from a hospital bed, then he ought to change his attitude.

Sorry that I sound so terrible, but I am deeply concerned about you.
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:15 PM

I over did it today, ladies! I was all proud, I was feeling good, except I'm having trouble sleeping. Well, this morning DH took my to the library and grocery store. We were gone less than an hour and it wore me out for the whole day! But, I'm feeling much better now.

Melicat--I'm sorry for your situation. That must be hard for you. Please try to take care of yourself, though, and don't do any permanent damage! If your husband won't do the housework to help out for the next few weeks, let it pile up! Yeah, it'll be more work later, but you won't be hurting yourself now. Maybe I'm just a freak, but I don't think a bed needs to be made everyday, especially if it's going to hurt you to do it.
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:21 PM

Ok, MAYBE my hormones ARE raging. We were just in Wal-Mart to pick up a prescription. The woman in line behind me starts mouthing off about a comversation my husband had been having with the woman in line AHEAD of me. Like it was any of her business. So she starts screaming at ME!!! Well, yes I returned the favor. To the point she threatens my LIFE. The womans son Im assuming comes in screaming and yelling engaging my husband-MORE death threats. Now I know we were not innocent here, but death threats? Come ON. And I do NOT act like that. Maybe the hormones ARE a bit out of whack!!!!!!
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:35 PM

Don't you just love wal-mart? i avoid it at all costs! sorry this happened to you, esp. now when you are trying to heal. don't give it a second thought. that nosey woman had it coming to her..just shows you how ignorant some people can be.
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Don't you just love wal-mart? i avoid it at all costs! sorry this happened to you, esp. now when you are trying to heal. don't give it a second thought. that nosey woman had it coming to her..just shows you how ignorant some people can be.

OMG I tell ya I was REALLY mad. I am NOT a violent person. I DO have a temper but normally would NEVER act that way. I really dont feel like I am out of control. Who knows-remind me not to go to THAT Wal-mart again!!!!
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang71
Thank you-I did manage to make it outside to VERY CAREFULLY weed a flower bed. Hubby was all in arears about it. Even with the neighbor lady telling me she went becak to work after a week!! he still will hear nothing of it. Which is fine, but Im not allowed to do it, he isn't doing it-yep you can IMAGINE how the house is beginning to look!! Oh well wont KILL me to let it wait another God knows how long huh?

IDK about the pressure on the cervix-no longer have one of those!!! I hope you get the sensation taken care of tho. I have had it really easy. Just more frustration than anything else. I want to do ths stuff that NEEDS to be done cause if I dont now by the time hubby "allows" me to the house is going to be HORRID. Keep in mind we have 18y/o & 12 y/o sons-2 labs and a St Bernard. YIKES!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!
I know exactly how you feel. I live to be in the garden, esp. this time of year. Be careful please! We women love it when things look preety, if we ran the world there would be no war! (Just tell me, how does one make a missle silo preety) I get very frustrated about not being in the garden. So to still get my fix, I took my digital camera around and took photos of all the plants and trees on the property,(big undertaking) dumped them into a spread sheet, catagorized them by plant type, bloom time,location on property, etc. and now I have a catalogue of all my trees, shrubs, perennials, etc. I'm even trying to learn their latin names, something I would have never gotten to do had I not had this downtime. I know it sounds anal, pardon my french, and I am not an organized person, but having a project really gets me the garden bug phase. Be careful! Be healthy!
Unread 05-19-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I know exactly how you feel. I live to be in the garden, esp. this time of year. Be careful please! We women love it when things look preety, if we ran the world there would be no war! (Just tell me, how does one make a missle silo preety) I get very frustrated about not being in the garden. So to still get my fix, I took my digital camera around and took photos of all the plants and trees on the property,(big undertaking) dumped them into a spread sheet, catagorized them by plant type, bloom time,location on property, etc. and now I have a catalogue of all my trees, shrubs, perennials, etc. I'm even trying to learn their latin names, something I would have never gotten to do had I not had this downtime. I know it sounds anal, pardon my french, and I am not an organized person, but having a project really gets me the garden bug phase. Be careful! Be healthy!

GOOD NIGHT girl all IW as doing was using a handrake to get a few pebbles out of the dirt!! Spreadsheets, digi pics, bloom times etc?????????? I dont even KNOW that stuff-the STRESS would get to me. I commend you. This was actually my first time out of the house to see my flowers. Things dont pop up too quick in Wisconsin. I was SOOOO suprised one of my "new" beds (planted last year) is GORGEOUS!!! The only one that is of course and it is in the BACK of the house!!! GRRRRRR. Have fun with your spreadsheets. Im being REALLY careful. No abd use at ALL and if I get tired that's IT. Even in the middle of a job. Just have to get out a bit!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register