any one younger than 30? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any one younger than 30? any one younger than 30?

Unread 05-08-2007, 10:51 AM
any one younger than 30?

I know that age really doesn't matter but I am only 27 and having a hysty on the 12th of june. I was just wondering how you deal with all the emotions. I am struggling to balance my life as a mom, as a working mom and as a good wife to my husband. My hormones are so out of wack that my doc put me on prometrium even befor I had my surgery. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
any one younger than 30?

I was 27 when I had mine too... I however didn't have a "full" hysto, but I am still emotional and every day is a battle, and sometimes the battle wins for days but I am too determined to win the "war" (so to speak.) What I do when I get really bad is I take a nice warm bath with the doors lock and ask to be left a lone, so I can have some quite time and get myself back together and remind myself that my son is depending on me, he needs his mommy and after about an hour of "regrouping" I feel a little better. I think that having a focus helps a lot. Good luck to you. HTH I think it's nice to know that we are not a lone.
Unread 05-08-2007, 01:08 PM
any one younger than 30?

I am also 27, with 3 kid's, & boyfriend, I find it easy to deal with everything now that my surgery is done and my HRT is starting to work, I am no longer a nervous wreck or emotional!!!!

I had a Full TAH 3 weeks ago & I feel great!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 03:14 PM
any one younger than 30?

I'm 27 as well, and my only real struggle is waiting for the day of the surgery to arrive. My husband and I are child free- never wanted any, and relieved that no one is going to ask "when are you going to have kids?" ever again. I guess I'm a little upset about having to be out of the flow of life for 6 weeks post-op, but I will just be happy to get my life BACK at this point that I don't care what it takes.
Unread 05-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiecarrie
I am also 27, with 3 kid's, & boyfriend, I find it easy to deal with everything now that my surgery is done and my HRT is starting to work, I am no longer a nervous wreck or emotional!!!!

I had a Full TAH 3 weeks ago & I feel great!!!!!!
Hey can you tell me a little bit more about all of your stuff why did you decide to have a full or was that even an option for you? Were you angry alot at yor bf and kids? It seem that all I do is yell and scream at them. I don't want to but it always comes out that way! I would really enjoy chatting with you on a private note if I can give you my e-mail. I am not familiar with the rules of this site just yet.
Unread 05-09-2007, 01:31 PM
any one younger than 30?

I'm over 30, but wanted to wish you good luck! I'm having my surgery the same day and live in TX though central.
Unread 05-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Scheduling my day

I am 27 as well, with two young boys and have had problems since I was around 14yrs old. I had diagnostic lap on May 1st and am recovering form that and all the news. I had postponed it for about 10 years for fear fertility problems, and dealt with pain meds and going on and off Birth Control. Needless to say things are a mess, as I have unofficially been told that I have everything they found for years and I will have to have a TAH probably. I go back to doc on May 30th to discuss everything and ask all my questions and am looking at scheduling in early July to work with summer break for my oldest son. He told me that he recommends doing it within 3 months or so and I am scared to death as well.

My uterus is double notmal size from adenomyosis, and I have pretty severe endometriosis, and had 2 cyst on my ovaries, and have had many that have burst in the past causing tons of pain adn hospitalization. I bleed horribly heavy every month for at least 2 weeks and the pain...aaaggh!!

Anyway, I am scared, but really looking forward to being pain free..i don't know what that is like.
Unread 05-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Oh!

I just realized you are from Lubbock as well...Glad to know I am not the only one in this mess around here...

I am struggling with balancing the kids, work, life and I think that is what scares me more than anything. I am a single mom,a dn starting back to school in August...already registered and all and only have a week of vacation. If I get any great tips I will let you know though. Right now I just freak out and that is not working so well. Maybe this site will lead to some insight....Good Luck
Unread 05-09-2007, 02:26 PM
any one younger than 30?

I am 28 now, but was 27 last year on June 15th when I had my TAH. I will tell you that it took me quite some time to even out emotionally, and that I didn't even notice at the time how emotional I really was! None-the-less, I find that learning when you are a bit out of whack, what your triggers are, etc. by keeping a journal of some kind has really be helpful for both me and my doctors.

Best wishes!
Unread 05-09-2007, 11:33 PM
I am 27 years old also

Hi!
I am also 27 years old and live in Westmont Il. I am having my hysterectomy July 10th, after I have a cesarean section. I have ovarian cancer, a prolapsed uterus, a tumor in the vagina. I am not happy I need a hysterectomy but hopfully I will be better. I will be praying for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register