Post-op weirdness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op weirdness Post-op weirdness

Unread 05-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Post-op weirdness

It's been one week since I've had my laproscopic hysterectomy and removal of my ovaries. Though I am feeling quite well!!!!! I am curious as to why one night the calf of my left leg feels weird (spasmy) and last night my left shoulder felt weird no pain but just couldn't get comfortable. Finally got up took 3 500mg capsules of GABA and fell asleep. Is this normal after surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Post-op weirdness

I don't know what GABA is?

I had some odd pains after surgery. If you're really worried call your dr.; Listen to your gut. I still get weird little pressure pains, not bad, in my pelvic area once in awhile and I'm alomost 4 weeks out.

Good luck!
Unread 05-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Post-op weirdness

I had a weird feeling in my left calf when I would wake up. My legs would kinda swell at night and those TED hose made it miserable.
I also had this weird thing going on near my belly button. The only way I could descibe it is.... It feels like there is a little guy in there jabbing my with a knife.lol. Not all the time but it's sharp and quick. DR said no problem just part of the healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Post-op weirdness

I think that the positions we are in during surgery might also contribute to these weird pains. I have had them in my left hand and right leg - numbness. The surgeries are close to the spine and there are a lot of nerve transmitters there! I have found that it gets better with time. Just try not to freak out. But, if youhave pain and swelling CALL your Dr. That is what you pay him for!
Unread 05-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Post-op weirdness

Suezeeque, GABA is Gamma-Amino Butyric Acid which is an amnio acid manufactured in the brain that enhances HGH (human growth hormone). I first read about it in a magazine article that was about PMS and how it helps relax and provide a feel good feeling. It is also attributed to assisting with weight loss but I can't vouch for whether it helps or not. I mainly took it to help with stress at work, PMS and to help me sleep at night. So if I am having issues falling asleep or I know I need to get a good night sleep I will take two to three of these at night rather than normal sleeping aid products. It is very inexpensive and all I can say is it works for me!

To the hystersisters here thank you for your sharing your experiences and advice!
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Post-op weirdness

I'd call the doctor just to keep them posted on what is going on, especially with leg issues.

If your legs are swollen then put back on the support hose if they sent you home in them. They helped me. Annoying as can be but when the swelling went down it made a difference.

Aches in shoulders and neck may be from the gas used during surgery.
It felt like I slept in the wrong position and ached on one side then both then more to the neck, etc... for about 2 days.
I don't recall much about the first 5 days after surgery *lol* so it had to have happened at the week mark for me.

Keep track of what is going on with you and make sure to call the doctor with your concerns

Happy healing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register