Tried out my shower chair tonight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tried out my shower chair tonight Tried out my shower chair tonight

Unread 05-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Tried out my shower chair tonight

Just for kicks. Had gotten my haircut this morning and knew I needed to color it so figured tonight was as good a night as any. Eventual-ex had also installed the shower massage and I'm glad I tried them both tonight before my surgery. They do take some getting use to but I think that chair will be a huge plus for me post-op. Can't remember who told me to get one, but TANKIES! I like it now, figure I'll love end come the end of next week.
If you haven't gotten one or think you won't need one, I encourage you to think again unless you will have someone to watch you every time for the first week or so. Since I will basically be alone once I get home, I can't imagine being without it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2007, 07:53 PM

I got my hair cut and colored today too.
I looked at shower chairs yesterday at Walmart, but didn't one.
Unread 05-12-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudie
I got my hair cut and colored today too.
I looked at shower chairs yesterday at Walmart, but didn't one.
I was too cheap to pay for the color so did it myself. Got my chair at a medical supply store, along with the grabber thing. It has holes in the seat, a nice back to it and little areas on both sides to hold the shower massage, etc. Think I paid around 40.00 for it and I'll either keep it for later on or donate it to a nursing home around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2007, 07:57 PM

Mrs., you and I must have been separated at birth. (I've got three ex's -- and one lives in Texas!) DH du jour would have already been out the door but I'm getting too old and tired to keep playing the field (and have you seen what's left out there? Yikes!)

I've got the full-sized anti-slip mat from bathing young kids and a grab bar so I'm going to wing it -- figure I can sit down if I need to. The question is will I be able to get back up?

I'm assuming your DH won't be "wearing" the shower chair as an accessory to work on Monday? Let me know how it works out for you. Hope you're home to post before I go in on Friday. Best wishes for no glitches this time.

Take care of you!
Unread 05-12-2007, 07:59 PM

I used to color my own hair but the last few times I've paid to get it done. Color seems to last longer.

Your chair sounds really neat.....I did buy a grabber thingy for $10.
My daughter told me today that since my hubby will be working out of town, she's going to come and spend a few days and look after me.
I was glad to hear that.
Unread 05-12-2007, 08:47 PM

Hi

While a shower chair might be nice, I didn't use one and I did fine. It's true that I was pretty tired by the time I was finished showering for the first few days, but if you don't want to (or can't) spend the extra money on a chair.....you'll still be allright. If you have one and use it....that's great

s and Best Wishes to all,
Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register