Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 06-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Don't be discouraged, Calm and Ready..I was feeling that way, too, when I read about so many doing so much more than I am. When I said I went to get a pedicure and to get my hair done, it was with someone else driving and that was ALL I did for the day. I figure if I have to spend so much time looking at my feet, they may as well look nice! Anyway, I did do too much yesterday as my DD had her 8th grade grad dance last night and with all the excitement, etc. I think I moved around a little TOO much. Today will be spent on the sofa I think! Next week my goal is to get to the barn (with a chair) so I can watch my DD ride, at least for an hour. Little steps but getting there.
I am getting frustrated that I am not doing better but have to keep reminding myself to take it slow so I will be able to go back to work in another four weeks...Hope all of you have a happy Saturday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Going a Little Stir-Crazy

Day 15 here. Been to Wal-Mart a couple of times this week using wheelchair. Still feeling pretty weak and tired. Anyone else have a pulling feeling down one side of abdomen toward groin/upper thigh area? Coughed last night and REALLY pulled! Ouch! Taking a shower still takes everything I have but I feel so much better afterwards. I had no discharge until about day 13 but now have a slight light brown discharge - stitches maybe? Appetite good but trying not to overdo it since not burning many calories right now.
Hubby goes back to work on Tuesday. Dreading that. He has been a great nurse/cook/etc.
Glad I found this site. Has opened my eyes and answered a lot of questions.
Melissa
TAH & LSO due to prolapsed, enlarged uterus and 1" solid ovarian cyst - pathology negative (whew!)
Unread 06-02-2007, 11:14 AM

Surgery date 5-16-2007 TAH/BSO
I just found this site and I'm worried I don't know how I'm supposed to feel at this time. I get tired but then I can't sleep very little pain. Just anxious that I'm doing to much. When really all I do is play on the computer. Can I wash dishes can I cook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2007, 11:23 AM

I did make marinara sauce the other day BUT my DH got out all of the ingredients and the pot to cook it in. All I did was dice, chop and mix. It felt good to do something productive though! I had a TAH/BSO May 17th.
Unread 06-02-2007, 04:40 PM

cooked chicken and made chicken salad yesterday...first thing i cooked since TAH on may 17th....DH has been wonderful for doing everything.....constipated last 3 days....whew what a relief..took suppository today....it worked....otherwise feeling reaaly good...no pain, sleeping well, and appetite is great.....only been out once to eat....going out to eat again tomorrow....i stay in prayer and God is Good.....hope all are doing fine
Unread 06-02-2007, 06:27 PM

I highly recommend Dannon Activia yogurt for anyone in general seeking "regularity" or just tender from our surgical repairs. My Dr. told me about it, and it really does work. Plus, it tastes good and is good for you...

I went for another "walk" (stroll?) today... feels good to be out. My leg and hip are bothering me more than the stitches. I hope the nerve damage is not permanent.

My son is on his way home from Iraq for a short visit - we hope and pray for his safety getting out. I wish I was further along in my recovery for his sake, but it will be wonderful to see him. His boy (2 1/2) who lives with us is SO excited.

I baked 2 chickens today so we would have leftovers and even put them in and out of the oven myself - who would have thought that would seem like an accomplishment? It didn't hurt or pull - that was the great part!

Susan
Unread 06-02-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissiePrissy
Anyone else have a pulling feeling down one side of abdomen toward groin/upper thigh area? Coughed last night and REALLY pulled! Ouch! Taking a shower still takes everything I have but I feel so much better afterwards.
I have been having a pulling feeling too. I had no idea what it was but it's nice to know I'm not the only one. I was beginning to worry! lol
Unread 06-02-2007, 06:55 PM

thanks for the advice on the yogurt...called and asked DH to bring me some home tonight..i pray for your sons safe return home...yes, cooking is a great accomplishment i agree
Unread 06-02-2007, 06:58 PM

Day 15 and things are looking up. I woke up feeling wonderful again aside from mild cramps and a sore tummy. I went out back and played frisbee with my youngest son (no running or bending over of course), sat in the yard and pulled weeds from my gardens, and took my giant dog on a short walk. It felt so wonderful to be outside and let the sunshine hit my face and feel the breeze. How I have missed that!! I made sure not to overdo it but as of now, I am feeling so much better!!!
Unread 06-02-2007, 06:59 PM

hah! all this talk of chicken made me talk the hubby into picking up a bucket... I'll be sure to take the simethicone tonight!

We made an apple pie together today, which was fun since usually I do all the cooking. I think he's really appreciating how keeping meals on the table and inventory of what's in the fridge is more involved than it seems. Nary a complaint for all the extra work. What a champ!

I am feeling a lot stronger today than the past few days. Yes, it also wipes me out to shower -- I think it softens the incision and perhaps it stretches a bit more. But after resting a bit, it's sooo nice to be clean. I hated being in the hosp without being able to wash. I'm also a lot less fearful of hurting anything or getting things too wet. Still waiting for those silly strips to come off.

Noticed the Lupron is wearing off and/or the ovaries are kicking back in. Don't have nearly the hot flashes in the past 2 days. I was told the Lupron will take months to wear off completely -- it was used to shrink the fibroids so the uterus wouldn't be so large and could be removed more easily. Also put me in chemical menopause for several months, but never did stop the bleeding.

L
TAH, 4 mos Lupron, fibroids, adeno - kept ovaries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register