Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 06-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

i spent my 15th in the hospital recovering from the hysterectomy. I got a Happy Anniversary.
congrats for your ring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2007, 10:22 AM

Okay, most likely a really stupid question but why did your stomach swell up after your long day at work? I've had that a couple of times (being more active than I should). Is it because the inerds aren't completely healed yet? This is only during recovery right? I keep seeing the saying "swelly belly".......its just temporary right?
Unread 06-09-2007, 02:03 PM

OK, none of my clothes fit. I guess it's time to stop medicating with the ice cream and candy bars. Although it was good while it lasted. I don't think it's that swelling belly because it doesn't come and go, it just stays unrelated to activity.

I am having one of those bad days, I didn't sleep much last night, my daughter said she is sick of me. I guess I must be moodier than I thought from the surgery and hot flashes. I'm going to try a new approach and start pushing myself. I still am having pain, gas, swelling so I'm not to motivated.

I hope it's kind of like when you make yourself smile then you feel better. If I make my body do picking up, laundry and dishes maybe it wil feel more like doing stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Uti

Hi Everyone!
Well, the saga continues. Sharp pains before, during and right after urinating. Gyn said no uti, but it got worse and worse, and the IVP (xray of kidneys) can't be done until the 14th. Called my internist, they had me come in the very next morning, tested for an infection, and now I am on 7 days of antibiotic. (Today is only day one, so I'm hoping the pain improves before long.) Gyn said if the IVP doesn't show anything that she's going to put me on meds for bladder spasms. All I know is that I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm back to work Monday, ugh, but it's part-time, thanks be to God. I'm taking an online course, so that's gobbling up a lot of time, therefore not a lot of time to post here. I haven't had any of my stitches fall out yet, from anywhere, does anyone else still have them? I'll be 4 weeks since LAVH on Tuesday. Glad most of us are doing okay, but it's been a road of peaks and valleys hasn't it?
Unread 06-09-2007, 02:32 PM

Glynette,I have a hard time sleeping as well.I can't take HRT.My doctor put me on Effexor to help the hot flashes.It has helped with my sleeping as well.I've heard good things about Melotonin and Calms Forte(both in the sleep aid section).I wish you all the best.I know how hard it is to not get a good nights sleep.
Unread 06-09-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaT
Calm&Ready, I still have spasms after urinating as well. My surgery was May 16th.

Cold Flashes I've never heard of! Other then I'm usually cold but I thought that was just being a women. LOL Hope all gets better for you.
Sounds like the 'spasm/ache' after urinating is a recurring theme. It was hard to describe to the doc, but reading these posts describes it exactly... I must get tongue tied at the dr's ofc...

I had my 3-week post-op and doc tested for any bladder infection just in case - nothing. We opted to do the wait and see as it may well be just a bit of shifting around and soreness still. There is no burning or urinary urgency like there is when you have a UTI -- THAT pain is unmistakable.

Doc laughed at the idea of a cold flash, too. Hey, who knows -- why just hot flashes? That was an anomaly - maybe I could possibly time them to happen at the same time??

3-week post op was great. "Beautiful" incision, just irritation from under those pesky steri-strips. I'm happy and clammy.

Girls, DON'T overdo it!! Read and weep at some of the consequences of not healing. Why risk recurring pain or additional surgery???? Harness that OCD for some other time when you won't affect your abdominal well-being!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termd
Calm & Ready I had tried dulcolax and I thought I was either going to pass out from the pain or die. After 16 days with no real BM (she is the best doctor anyone could ask for,but I wish she would have had me on stool softners sooner) my doctor prescribed a very strong stool softner which also acts as a laxative. Even that took a couple days to work. I am hoping my bowels will go back to normal. I am still having extreme gas pains, so it's been helpful to know I'm not the only one dealing with this problem. My bowels just don't seem to want to wake up and work, after that surgery some days I feel the same way.
I'm so glad you got something that worked. Sounded like you were headed for the ER if something didn't give. 16 days -- I didn't know you COULD go that long! Yes, those gas pains can really drop the wind out of you... heh. yeah, yeah, my humor stinks, I know.

:snort: :snort: :snort:
Unread 06-09-2007, 04:20 PM

How about "read and weep" from the feeling OK one day then knocked back down the next? I am having a bad day today, too...Maybe the rainy weather in New England? But I was crying on the couch this afternoon because I just want to wake up in the morning and feel GOOD...Guess it will take a bit longer . My DD made dinner tonight and DH just went to get some photos printed out for me so hopefully that will distract me for a bit.
Unread 06-09-2007, 04:44 PM

Calm & Ready your right I was heading to the ER if things didn't give, I was doubled over on the floor a couple of times at day 13 and 15 then I had 2 small hard BM's, but wasn't until day 16 before I actually had a real BM so I guess you CAN go that long.

I am getting cold flashes along with the hot flashes also, I keep thinking I must have a fever, but I don't.

I have to say by 3 weeks people do expect you to be doing better and they don't understand (thank goodness for this board or I would be second guessing myself, thinking I'm a whimp.)

When I used the surgery as an excuse for being cranky once, my daughter rolled her eyes, people really don't get it. It's so frustrating especially when your having a bad day: my incision hurts, it's hard to walk, feeling a little nausea, headache, cold then hot, nobody to help. Yes, I think I was having a little pity party.

Guess it's true one day you can feel good and the next you feel like your back to square one. Going to try and get some dinner, but the thought of getting up isn't to entertaining.

Thanks for all of your support!
Unread 06-09-2007, 04:46 PM

amen to the waking up feeling GOOD. ah, that will be a good day indeed! I think the worst pain is in the morning, perhaps because I have more of a dull rumble the rest of the day. I forget, are you on HRT? hormones can surely send you down the weedy path sometimes. But then, once the doc clears you for driving, it'll be Porche time!!!
Unread 06-09-2007, 05:03 PM

Mornings are bad. Maybe because of everything have to shift around once you get up and walk around again? I am not doing any HRT so maybe that has something to do with it, too. I thought I had been doing okay other than an occasional "warm glow" but now I am starting with the night sweat thing the past couple of days. We will see how it goes. I am not scheduled for my check up till the 26th but my doctor told me to call if I start having problems. She is big on the "quality of life" thing so I know I can call if I need to although I really DON't want to go on HRT if I can avoid it.
Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow and DH can take me for a spin in my little blue car

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register