Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 06-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Hi all, I have a problem that I haven't seen here yet. I was showering on Friday and while I was toweling off, I accidentally pulled off a little strip of the glue that was used on my incision. Now it seems I have opened up a small (maybe 1/4 inch) spot and ever since then I have been leaking brown old yucky blood from the split. It is heavy enough that I need to slap a maxi pad over that end of the incision or I will bleed all over myself. It is not red blood just very dark brown old stuff. Where could all this old blood be coming from? It stops when I lay down to sleep on my back at night, but as soon as I get up and get going in the morning it starts dripping pretty bad again. I am going to call the doctor in the morning but just wondered if anyone else had had this problem. Thanks guys, hope you all continue to feel better each day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2007, 05:32 PM

I has this too. The Doc said it was a small pocket of fluid and was normal. She said it was a good thing that I had it looked at though, because they can be very large and can make your incision open up. Definately go in and have them look at it.
Unread 06-10-2007, 05:34 PM

Thank you, I am sorry you had this too, but I feel much better knowing this is not unusual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2007, 05:54 PM

Hi ladies, all this convertible talk might just be the pick me up I need. Mine is a sand colored camaro.

My DD is the only one driving it though these days. Aggatated tonight again, as I had stand to cook myself some scrambled eggs since DD never even asked me if I wanted anything for dinner. I know I have to do things myself, but after showering, picking up, laundry and dishes I was beat.

Is everyone one else that had a TAH, 3 weeks post op doing ok with the showering, laundry, dishes, picking up and dinner thing? Maybe the
anemia ,losing a lot of blood durning the surgery. Please, I would love to hear how much work everyone is doing.

Yeah, a drive for an ice cream with the wind blowing through my hair just might lift my spirits, maybe I'll even get a hot fudge brownie delight. I'll never get back into my clothes at that rate.
Unread 06-10-2007, 08:09 PM

We can drive just not those low to the ground stick shift versions! Or at least, I don't think I am ready for it yet! Welcome to our little group, White Fox!
Unread 06-10-2007, 10:13 PM

Thanks for the uti info, Violet50, I'll keep that in mind if this bladder pain continues.

Love2Quilt, I am also really quick to respond when I feel my bladder is getting full. Otherwise, I regret it. Don't know about the 'super-size' - almost seems as if it doesn't hold as much. When the doctor asked if I am 'going' more often, I answered that I probably do because I anticipate that it might be getting full and I don't want that pain... Doc says the bladder is normally oversensitive since they actually have to sever the cervix from it and that affects not only the bladder but some of the surrounding tissues. I'm hoping that the pain will keep easing as time passes... I have the time... just working on the patience to go with it.

:snort: :snort: :snort:
Unread 06-10-2007, 10:30 PM

I am 4 weeks post op monday and let me say i have very little energy to do anything ....my DH although, I love him very much made the remark to me that i had to start doing more or i was gonna end up like another lady that lives here she never leaves her apt. this really bothered me cause i just dont have the energy to do things i would love to do he dont understand that....our car is tore up and i have an appt up town tomorrow (I live about a mile away) and he is able to take care of this but he has never done this stuff it has always been up to me but anyhow he dont realize how he has hurt my feelings more then he knows anyhow i will be walking up there to keep him quiet lol or at least attempting to....
Unread 06-10-2007, 11:01 PM
4 weeks post op in two days

Hey girls! I have been on the site but haven't posted in awhile. I have mostly been reading and doing research to make some decisions about what vitamins and such that I want to start taking to help myself along with the sudden menopause issues. OMG here comes a bad !! I'm glad that so far they do not last long but I know I have got to start doing something to help myself or it is going to be hard going back to work. I am still having some issues with bm's but they do seem to be getting better. I couple of times when I went for a walk that was a little longer than my usual I had such bad gas pains and felt like I was going to have to find a place in the woods to go !! I barely made it back home! So then the next day that I knew I wanted to take a longer walk I tricked myself by taking a short walk first, then came back to the house and waited. It took about 1 hour till I finally went but then I got to go on the longer walk without panicking about if it was going to happen again. I can't tell you how freaked I was when I thought that I wasn't going to make it. Anyway, my last two days have been really good. My honey and I went to a car show and the weather was perfect for a long walk. I have been using a cane when I am by myself or if walking far. It helps me if I get a little dizzy or too tired. I do also have a problem with my back that I hope to be having therapy for as soon as I am released. Oh yeh, I figure the cane can also be used as a weapon if necessary. HANG IN THERE LADIES!!!
Unread 06-11-2007, 03:27 AM

Hi everyone, I finally felt upto posting. I had my TAH on 5/21 with removal of ovaries due to a large cyst. My Dr said my uterus was larger than originally thought, it extended up under my ribcage, like when I was pregnant. That was why I was always so short of breath. The first thing I noticed upon waking up after surgery was how easily I could breath. The fibroids were huge. My incision goes almost from one hip to the other. Thats ok, it has healed nicely. As for the hospital stay --- I had great nurses. I was so scared of getting a pulmonary embolism after surgery -- as soon as my eyes were open and I was coherent I wanted to walk, thye helped me get out of bed and walk to the door several times that first night. They came with Dilaudid each time I wanted something for the pain. THey even helped with the gas pain ---- I think that was the worst part of the whole experience. They gave me pills, suppositories, brew. Finally.....gas was expelled, thank goodness!!!!I was in the hospital for 4 days. I came home the day of my youngest daughters 6th birthday. My husband took care of everything --- evertything I usually do -- and he he did good. I didn't have any cake though, food was not my friend yet. My family pampered me for the next week or so. Day after dayy I started feeling a bit better. Day 10 I was able to take a tub bath....ahhhhh....that felt so good to relax in a hot tub. SInce then I have been watching TV, reading, I have gone to 2 little league baseball games for my 7 yr old, the first game I left early, it was to uncomfortable to sit in the seat that long. The other day my 17 yy/o daughter drove me to my 6 y/o kindergarten graduation, we had a great time. Then we had a celebration here at home. I felt great , had lots of energy, I made BBQ, macaroni and potatoe salad, deviled eggs and cake etc., well then the last two dayys I have been back on the sofa tired sleeping on and off with my feet up, taking my pain pills again. I guess I over did it.I have beeen having hot flashes also, not to bad, tolerable. My Dr will discuss HRT at my appt in 2 weeks, I am not sure I want to take it.I never even took birth control in my life. I am more emotional, cry easily over sentimental things. At least I am not mean and nasty like I was prior to surgery. Insomnia seems to be a problem, I only sleep a few hours at a time. I guess this is all normal , right?

Carly

TAH OVARIES REMOVED 5/21/07
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:39 AM

Hi Carly,

My experience was very similar to your's except that I was only in the hospital for 2 days. My cyst was over 18cm (the size of a cantelope), funny...I never felt it until my OB/GYN said she felt something during an annual exam.

I'm having the same syptoms that you are...some gas pain, dizziness when I over do things, trouble emptying my bladder and major insomnia. I caved last night and took a sleeping pill, which I don't like to do, but, we need our sleep to heal right?

I'm about 6 days ahead of you and the mild hot flashes and nights sweats have subsided...whoo hoo! (I want put one of those jumping guys in here, but I haven't learned how to do that yet.) However, I had a cup of hot tea last night and it gave me a "personal summer" as we like to call it.

I think you're very normal.

Lauren (I'm also still trying to figure out how to put it my signature)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register