Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 06-11-2007, 05:12 PM
This site has been a blessing, thank you!

Glad we have this site to support each other!

so blessed, thanks for the response, even though I'm doing all that work, I'm in alot of pain and it feels like my inside want to drop right out. So I don't think my body is ready, but I push myself because I feel like I "should" be able to handle it.

A lot of bladder pain today, don't know if I can make it till Friday's 4wk post op. I'm hoping I've just overdone and will feel better tommorrow.

Calm & Ready my heart and sympathy go out to you, can't imagine dealing with being sick on top of all this. I hear you about the patience, I think I've lost mine, no I know I have, I hope I find them soon. I normally am a very patient person. Hope your feeling better quick.

Hugs to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Actually, it's Love2Quilt who is fighting a cold or flu -- add my sympathies to the others here. I'm really hoping you don't do the coughing thing with this bout! I still do a meltdown when I sneeze. I, too, cannot imagine being sick on top of this. Push those fluids, get LOTS of rest, and onward with the healing!

Myself, I'm puttering around and finally, finally have a whole day that I haven't even taken advil.

Termd, I've told myself that I'll have all those extra days and extra energy when I don't have my periods anymore, so I can be patient for a few more weeks, eh? And I'll have all that money that was supporting the tampon and maxi,maxi,maxi pad industry! Maybe I'll buy me a little blue porche. hah!
Unread 06-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Feeling Better

Hello all thanks for all of your post it has been a pleasure to read them. I think I'm week 3 or 4 had surgery on the May 16th I feel better but I like to sleep on my stomach but it is painful sometimes. Dr told me to stop hormones when I called complained of headaches so he said one or the other I think I can deal with the flashes more than the headaches. Can start sweeping or should I wait for the Dr appointment for him to tell me it's okay. Incision is closed just have a thick line now but I still get a pain on my right side.
I hope that I find a job soon ready to go to work instead of doing nothing all day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2007, 07:20 AM

Back to work today for a few hours, not quite sure what to expect, but going in as a favor for one of my clients, I am a floral desinger and a family requested that I do the casket spray for their fathers funeral. So in I go. I'll have the other workers carry all the flowers for me, all I hope to do is arrange them.
Not much pain yesterday, but having a lot of trouble fall

ing asleep at night, and the flashes do not help. My incision is healing well, it did open in a few places, but most of them are healing up. Just have to take a pill now and again as needed for pain, ice works too.
I hope all is going smooth fore everyone out there. You all sure have been a great support for me.
Unread 06-12-2007, 09:51 AM

1 month post op today. Weeeeeeeeeeee! I walked my first mile last night, not on a lovely treadmill but in the wonderful Texas heat. I took it slow but managed and took a water bottle and my cell with me in case it was too much. Slept like a log for the first time in forever last night as well-almost 8 hours. Seemed to help my mood as well. I'll go again tonight as I'm shooting for 5 miles a week for the first 2 weeks, then I'll up it after I see Dr. Wonderful. House stays fairly clean and other than bowel issues (can it make up it's mind?) I'm ok. Still on my pain meds but those are mainly due to fibro flares. Spotting has stopped and generally am finally feeling hopeful for the first time since my surgery. Tomorrow I may get really brave and take Bunny Foo Foo for a walk on his harness!
I guess what most on here say is right-it takes time, but you do heal, each in their own time and each of us knows best what that time span is.
to all my fellow sisters-let us continue on our recovery journey with hopeful thoughts but realistic expectations.
Unread 06-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Funny hearing when the spotting stops, you're generally feeling hopeful... what some blood and wearing a PAD (ughh) can do for one's psyche. I am 4weeks post op today too, but I am still spotting... alot less than before, but still there. I up to 1 1/2 on the treadmill. Walked w/my son this weekend but he was going too fast and i had to keep slowing him down (9 y/o boys!). Even starting to sleep a bit better and that's the best news of them all!
Unread 06-12-2007, 10:17 AM

Ireale, mine wasn't even enough to warrant a pad. Just there when I wiped (TMI) and just barely on my panties (more TMI) but scared the fire out of me even though my doc told me it could happen. Plus since I had gone just about 3 1/2 weeks with no spotting and then for it to show up, completely freaked me out. I kept thinking "What did I lift, what did I move" etc. Silly me, the panic queen.
Unread 06-12-2007, 10:25 AM

ohhh i panicked too! Mine didn't start till 2 weeks out and it was after i was moving the hose the whole afternoon. Boy did i think i did too much too. i just sat around the whole next day, but i was bleeding alot (according to me). when the doc checked me out later that week, he said it was nothing and i was healing beautifully and that's to be expected. i was still freaked out and grossed out!
Unread 06-12-2007, 11:35 AM

Well all this TMI info is good to know because it has had me worried, too! Glad to hear you are all doing well. That weird feeling I had yesterday afternoon of something "there vaginally" has gone away and I am feeling pretty good today. Went to my DD 8th grade graduation then took her and her friend out to lunch. Definitely ready for a nap now!
Unread 06-12-2007, 11:35 AM

One month post op today! I am starting to finally feel better. The tugging from the incision has finally stopped, but the swelly belly is still rearing its head! Two weeks still until I see the doctor. I am strting to go stir crazy. I have been doing short stops into work to update. Does anyone else who has had a TAH still have discharge that is a yellowish-brown. Not having alot, but enough to have to wear a liner. HUgs and well wishes to everyone out there. Hope everone is having an uneventful recovery. Patti

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register