Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 06-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by plkurki
One month post op today! I am starting to finally feel better. The tugging from the incision has finally stopped, but the swelly belly is still rearing its head! Two weeks still until I see the doctor. I am strting to go stir crazy. I have been doing short stops into work to update. Does anyone else who has had a TAH still have discharge that is a yellowish-brown. Not having alot, but enough to have to wear a liner. HUgs and well wishes to everyone out there. Hope everone is having an uneventful recovery. Patti
I still swell some at nights but not nearly as bad and boy do I understand the stir crazy!!!
I have had little to no discharge with my TAH so not sure. Everyone is different-wouldn't it be great if we all had the exact same post-op reports? At least then we'd know what to do, when to panic, when to rest, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2007, 12:02 PM

i am one of the lucky ones so far...never need to wear a pad at all....tho i did spot twicw...and only a spot like a dot....now if only i could get rid of this swelly belly....sometimes i think it will be here forever......anyone know when i can expect to say bye bye to swelly belly??????...wishing all a speedy restful recovery...i to had a TAH...kept overies
Unread 06-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Three Weeks Post Op As Of Yesterday

Hi everyone, I am feeling pretty well! I had a vaginal hysterectomy, ovaries removed, with a bladder repair. I stayed in the hospital overnight. Actually, I was very happy to go home to my own bed so I could sleep! My sisters were shocked they let me go home so soon, but I felt ok. I wish I'd had more help at home, my husband and I live alone and he had to return to work by day four. No family nearby to help. That first day alone was rough. But, I survived. I've been taking it very easy and my husband has been a wonderful guy, pampering me. Hot flashes and insomnia seem to go together. I have headaches every day but I'm hoping with HRT those can be controlled before I have to return to work in a few weeks. My advice to anyone facing surgery is that the hysterectomy is worth it, considering the years of suffering I went through before the surgery. Women are "tough cookies" but needless suffering isn't fun. Thank God I found a doctor to help me. God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2007, 01:15 PM

I'm over the flu -- thanks for the well wishes. I must say the cold shakes were a nice reprieve from the hot flashes and fever. The hard part was the nausea -- the thought of vomiting was overwhelming so I couldn't even take a pain pill for the King Kong-sized headache and all the body aches. The bad news -- I got very dehydrated from not drinking enough liquid (darn nausea) or eating so today -- voila -- back to constipation just like in week one. I'm still a little queasy but did manage a bowl of "colon blow" (Suzi's nickname for Raisin Bran) since I'm having bad week one gas pain flashbacks!!

Took the kids to the park and did laps while they played today (I'm back in the painful bowel cycles again from laying around for 2 days.) Sis and her family left from vacation so this is the 1st day since the surgery that I haven't had extra people in my house! I cooked several dinners for them while they were here and had much more housework, but they stayed in a hotel and did help with folding laundry, did some dishes and even took the kids to the hotel pool one afternoon. I'm planning on taking it easy today.

Tomorrow is DH's b-day and even though we did the cake thing while my sis was here, I feel like I've still got to do the dinner and family cake thing again with the boys. TMI Alert: I don't know about the rest of you, but is anyone else getting sick of giving BJ's for the last four weeks? I'm ready for some sexual healing of my own -- but I know what DH is gonna want for his birthday. Whatever happened to pampering the ?
Unread 06-12-2007, 01:44 PM

VERY FUNNY!!!! glad you're feeling better from the flu!
Unread 06-12-2007, 01:48 PM

no Bj in my house if I have to wait then so does he
No matter how much he begs.
Unread 06-12-2007, 01:57 PM

L2Q, You are too funny! I am counting down the days till I get the release as I am sure my DH is, too. Glad you are feeling better though!
And I am also STILL having a discharge and will be 4 wks postop Thurs from my TAH/BSO. The incision feels okay though just uncomfortable sometimes especially when I am up and about too much.
Unread 06-12-2007, 02:00 PM

The last three days I have been feeling yucky. My belly feels like someone is in there pulling at it. And the bowel thing, my gosh, gassy and BM's. What is with all this ? I hava avoided gassy foods. Sometimes I get real bad gas pains where I stop in my tracks. I try to only take the Darvocet at night. I haven't had any bleeding since I left the hospital --- I gave my daughter all my pads and tampons ~ yeah!!! I am going crazy not being able to drive. My daughter drives me places if needed but she is 17 and thinks the car is hers now...lol...so she is off with her friends alot.

Hoppe everyone is feeling good today and on the road to recovery!
Unread 06-12-2007, 03:34 PM

Oh my gosh, emergency appointment with Doc in AM she thinks my incision is infected. I have orders to call her back if any symptoms are worse tonight or I start to run a fever (I wouldn't think it's possible to have an infection without a fever, guess I was wrong.) Sure hope that's not it, but I am feeling worse instead of better. I have incisional pain which wasn't there before, lower back spasms, and order from the incision and slight order before I pee. Like we don't have enough to worry about, now we add vaginal collaspe, incisional infection... Somebody told me incisional infections are NOT good????
Unread 06-12-2007, 04:22 PM

Termd~ Sorry to hear that. Is your incision red or oozing ? Did they test your urine for UTI? Keep yourself hydrated, drink lots of water to help flush your system. I hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register