Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 05-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Surgery last Tuesday (May 15th)...home on Friday. Everything went well for me...Big Polyp on top of uterus causing all the bleeding but with all the complex hyperplasia I had cancer was just a matter of time so glad everything is gone. For sisters who can't sleep try a little ambien it works miracles. Oh yes, anyone know a a soothing cream that I can put on incision cut to ease the hurt...Don't want to put on anything that could make it greasy or cause an infection......Anyway glad it is over...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2007, 10:06 AM

I had my surgery the 16th and came home Saturday. Had to keep the catheter, maybe for another week? That is (literally and figuratively) a drag. I had vaginal hyst with ovaries and cervix removed, also rectocele repair and a bladder sling - I think of it as an "extreme makeover" - Ha! I'm pretty much through menopause, so I don't think I will miss those parts.

On the whole, I feel better than I feared I might. Running a low-grade fever which I hope won't take me back to the ER. Susan
Unread 05-20-2007, 12:37 PM

Hello everyone! I had TVH on the 15th with rectocele repiar. But here's the "exciting" part.

A little past the half way point in my surgery, my heart rate dropped to 30. They put antophene (sp?) in my IV to boost my heart rate. But before the med reached my shoulder, my heart STOPPED! It started on it's own after 15 seconds at which time it "sucked" the med in. It was diagnosed as a vaso vagal nerve response. I am fine and got to spend 1.5 days in ICU. Talk about being treated like a princess! Tuesday as tough with lots of hot flashed (left overies) and low pulse - below 45. I went from being a hysterectomy patient to a cardiac patient in one day. I was throughly checked over by a cardiologist and the resident internist on Tuesday and was "downgraded" to a floor patient on Wednesday but the kept me in ICU. However, at 11:15pm on Wednesday night I was informed that my bed was needed and I was moved to a regular room. I was mad but understood. Luckily, there was an empty room but it was next to the construction. They are renovating all the patient rooms to be private. So I was discharged on Thursday and got home around 1:30.

I've been bored with TV watching and trying to read a book. My hubby finally moved my computer up to our bedroom. He's been great but a bit of a hard ***** -- limiting me to what I do. Our 2 kids stayed at my parent's last night to give him a break. He's not used to caring for 2 kids and me. So now I'm online and ready to play!!!

I too was ready to shout it out once I pooped Friday evening. It hurt from the rectocele repair - stool is soft. I do have an odd sensation to the right of my belly button - like something is poking round in there.

So other than the heart thing, I'm fine. Just some soreness down there.

Monica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2007, 12:44 PM

Hey, Monica, glad to hear you're OK, girlfriend! Rest up and take care of yourself. It seems to make those DH's appreciate us more when they have to do our job as well.

Gentle s going out to you!
Unread 05-20-2007, 12:49 PM

Thanks Donna. I need to get over the now wanting to bug him for stuff like water or lettuce on my sandwich -- little things.
Unread 05-20-2007, 02:58 PM

Hi, I had TAH on May 14th I was suppose to leave castle on the 16th but due to anemia dr decided he wanted me to stay an extra day to be sure blood count wasnt dropping after surgery....so the 17th I got to come home. People have told me that since I had 3 c-sections that the pain would be compared to that pain....I have found that not true....after all of my c-sections I wasnt on pain meds but I am still having to take my pain meds and quite often....the pain is so unbearable at times....I go back to the dr tues to get my staples out (over 30 of them) so maybe that will take some of the pain i dont know...anyhow anyone else still having pain and lots of it or am i just being whimpy lol thanks so much
Unread 05-20-2007, 06:32 PM

Purple, what's your HGB? I went into surgery at 10.3 and dropped to 9.3 the a.m. after surgery. The recheck at noon yest. showed 9.0. They want me to take ferrous sulfate, but I've got Thalasemmia and just want to get a good BM going before I stop myself up again.

Have to make a follow-up appt. w/PCP tomorrow for anemia. Other than being tired, I don't feel too bad -- but then again, I'm always tired! LOL
Unread 05-20-2007, 07:04 PM

i dont know what it was before surgery dr told me it was low and of course i have had so much stuff on my mind i have forgot to ask when he mentions it then wish i wouldve when he left the room....i am having alot of swelling today and i know i am passing gas and all the good stuff (bms) but have no idea what the swelling is all from.....anyhow i will try to remember to ask him tues when i get staples out what hgb is .....he also started me on iron tablets.....which i was already taking before surgery he just increased them
Unread 05-20-2007, 07:07 PM

Heck, I'd kill for a BM (wow -- would you ever think we'd be saying that?)

Gonna go walk and see what comes out (hope it doesn't happen in my neighbors' yards, either! Guess I could blame someone's dog though, huh.) Sorry, it's the meds!
Unread 05-20-2007, 07:22 PM

i know what u mean when i left hospital i hadnt had one yet and so he told me to take milk of mag and some bulk laxative well i sent husband up after duloclax within couple hours i had bm.....that was thurs didnt have another so yesterday i went ahead and took another dulolax and went again....i remember working at nursing homes the elderly worry about their bowels all the time and here it is our topic lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register