Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 06-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Jag, I get those "phantom" pains as well -- they come out of nowhere and sometimes I can feel them travel through my nerves and into my arms or chest. They are shooting and tend to come and go. I think it's part of the healing cycle, but I'm going to put that on my list of ??'s for my 6-wk post op. All of this is getting really old -- enough already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2007, 09:43 AM

Donna
Thanks, this site really beats calling the Dr. and waiting 2 days for a call back. I need to figure out how to add my information like you have on your signature.
Jacqueline (50 yrs young) TAH
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:45 AM

Morganlady why are you going back to work so soon, is it your Doc's decision, just the amount of time you get off of work or your decision? I know they say 6 to 8 wks. but I not sure if that's insurance or normal time or Doc's decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2007, 09:47 AM

Thank you so much for replying. I thought I was the only one. The women I know who have had hysts. say they haven't experienced this. I am thinking I have to do the same thing. I have 4 guys in the house. two of my own and two step sons. That doesn't count my husband. All that testosterone is almost too much on some days. (If ya know what I mean!). They don't understand. They try, but they don't get it. I'm so thankful for you and all the ladies here, I have only been married 3 months, relocated and know no one here, then find out I had all these problems and had to have major surgery.....I'm sorry I'm whining, but just knowing you're out there and care means more than you know! Tracey
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:54 AM

Everybody needs to have a good rant now and then -- it's good for the soul. This is my favorite place to do it since my family can't hear my b-ching -- my boys have told me that I'm mean now. I hope to God that it's only temporary -- I used to be so mellow.
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:55 AM

I had thought six weeks but I don't see my doctor till July 26th and she is definitely not one to rush people back to work. I suppose if she doesn't like what she sees when she examines me and if my anemia is not better that I will have to extend my time off. I am fortunate to be able to take whatever time I have to without any money worries so it is not that. I just was talking to my friend on the phone and she pointed out that I was very sick last fall in ICU with pancreatitus and then this surgery that it will probably take me that much longer to recover. I think I will call Dr. J on Monday and just go in and talk to her for reassurance.
Unread 06-16-2007, 09:56 AM

I have one ovary too and am having the same feelings. I think truly it is being in the house and cooped up. When I get to go to work (i've gone back very part time), I feel great. I'm around people. Women people!!! In the house I have only guy people. Know what i mean? Guess it takes a while before stuff gets normal again. But....Thank God I don't have periods and the pain that goes with it anymore!!!!! I can get meds for this problem, but couldn't for that!!!
Unread 06-16-2007, 10:35 AM

Well, I had my ultrasound done today. The tech said she didn't see anything worrisome, "BUT" asked if I had anything with my bowel? I said more gas and more frequent movements since surgery. Her reply was "oh". I was like what does that mean???? Then she says the doctor will call you with the official report. So far today I am having an ok day except for trying to get the kids to clean......it's a pain in itself. I am determined to sit by the pool today and get some sun.

Sounds like we are all at the same place, matbe this is normal?????? Who thinks this is normal?
Unread 06-16-2007, 11:19 AM

Hi violet17, I have been having some little sharp pains as well my tah/bso was on May 15th. I also get a heavy feeling in my abdomen when I have done more than usual. The left side of my lower abdomen is still quite swollen, so much that in order to see my incision I have to move it out of the way. My incision looks great but I did have one very small spot on the outer left that came open a little. Only like a paper cut but it sure does sting and burn. It was a little red so I put antibiotic ointment and is getting better. Sorry to hear some of you girls are still bleeding, so far none for me since about 5 days after surgery. But I must confess that I am being extremely careful as I am so paranoid about the adhesions coming back that I'm sure I havn't done things that I would have if they were not and issue. My follow up is Monday morning. I hope he gives me another couple of weeks off because I know I'm not up to work yet. Good Luck!
Unread 06-16-2007, 06:12 PM

Yeah! 2 good days in a row, hoping hitting the 4wk mark means things are up hill from here. I ate a little bit of food today, so I'm scared I'll have pain later or tommorrow, but hopeful since I'm feeling a little better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register