Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 06-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Warning:Ranting 4 wk post op ck

OMG! I am so frustrated with my gyn I could spit and my appt was 11am today so I guess If I am still this angry I need to vent. First of all I should explain that he is not my regular gyn. I had a wonderful gyn for about 17 years and he moved to another state. I stayed with that office for a few years but I was never really happy with their rush them in rush them out attitude after changes were made at the practice and I never saw the same person twice and after I started to have serious problems I still never saw and actual doctor until I had a biopsy done and he did not even examine me or discuss with me the issues I was having. It seemed they didn't even bother to read my file each time I went and tried to make me take depo-prevera shots when it was in my file that hormones made my blood pressure go up. Anyway I sought a second opinion with a doctor that was highly recommended to me by a few people that I work with. Turns out after she read the information I provided she advised me that she could not help me as it appeared that I would need to be seen by the surgeon. He turned out to be the first gyno that I had ever been to when I was a teenager. (I had problems back then with severe pain). He seemed to seriously want to help me and I allowed him to do adhesion surgery in Jan then a tah/bso on 5/15/07. After the first surgery his bedside manner did rub me the wrong way but I was so in need of help and did not want to keep changed doctors. I wanted to get it over with. Now I feel like he just blew me off today! After the hyst when I was still in the hospital he came to me and said he was going to put me on hormones as soon as I tried to ask him questions about it instead of having a conversation with me about it he just said ok well then we will just wait and see how you do and discuss it on your post op. Well of course I did my own research and started vitamins and a natural progesterone cream on the 3rd week as I started having bad hot flashes and insomnia. My exam took less than five minutes then I went to his office. He said you are healing fine but you do have a discharge and handed me a script. Nothing unexpected on your path report. See you in 6 mths! I asked him what may have caused the infection and he just said these things happen. I asked him about the horrible spasms or contractions I am having prior to bowel movement and he said it could be nerve damage if it does not go away in a couple of weeks we will send you to a proctologist. I then tried to talk to him about my meno symptoms and what I was doing about them hoping for some input and he just said that he did not know anything about non prescription therapy and offered nothing more to the conversation.( BTW I got a copy of my path from the hospital there was alot of info he should have went over with me. ) I can't believe this guy. He got his money from the surgery and pushed me out the door! I tried to talk to him about restrictions. His response was don't do anything that hurts. He also never left me post op instructions upon my release from the hospital. I learned what to do and not to do from the surgery techs and the nurses and of course this site for the most part. Now I am just so furious that I gave him my business . :burning: On the way out the door I said well, when do I go back to work. He said how about today? I said no thanks. He said I think you get six weeks. See the girl at the desk. On the bright side, when I saw her she gave me the full 8 weeks. Thank goodness because I am not ready to go back yet and I think I would have busted out crying! I will never go back there again. Girls, I am so so sorry for unloading like this and I am feeling quite embarassed right now. I do think I just had a melt down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

That's okay, Sandy...You can vent here! Sorry you had to go through that - What a jerk! I hope you have good luck finding someone nice to take over your care. Having a doctor you like is so important.
Unread 06-18-2007, 06:59 PM

Don't worry about it Sandy, we all need to vent from time to time and this board is the perfect place to vent about these things. We all understand what you're coming from. I am so sorry your doctor is being such an arsehat, I cannot stand doctors that act like you're just a file, not a real person. If it weren't for their patients they would be nothing but they never see that. GRRRR My surgeon was really good about listening to me and taking the time to sit with me and answer all of my questions and concerns but then after surgery, forgot to give me post-op instructions. I never got anything, even from the nurses. She only told me a few things during my pre-op appointment and everything else, I got from here. I think she was just overwhelmed that day because she had 5 hysters back to back. But anyway, you shouldn't take that from him. I would ask to either see another doctor and ask your questions there or tell the girl in the office that you need a consult and one that you can actually talk to the doctor and not be rushed. Don't ignore your concerncs sweetie. Sometimes doctors just need a good "slap" for a wake-up call. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 07:38 PM

Four weeks now for me and today was my first half day back at work. A little bit of a stinging pain on my left side now and some itching but doing okay otherwise.
My thoughts are with you all and hope you all are feeling better soon.
Unread 06-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Hanky Alert

My 9 yr old son just came in and saw me on this website. He said, "I would use my $60 if it would make you better again." (He has $60 in my savings account from doing a Cartoon Network focus group -- it's all the money he has in the world.) I thanked him with a big hug and sent him on his way before I got all choked up.

I feel it owe it to the family to "fake it till I make it" even when I'm down in the dumps or sweating my off. If I can pretend with myself then maybe it will manifest somehow and become a reality for me. Don't know what else I can do to put all this behind me.

On the plus side, I almost felt like normal today. Wonder when a day will go by that I don't think about any of this at all -- the consequences of the surgery -- the awful meno symptoms -- the insomnia -- the disgustingly pooching stomach -- the whole lot. I turn 50 in Oct. and would like to look and feel my best for "the big one." I don't want to look and feel older than I am but these days, well I definitely am feeling older (and sadder) than I used to feel.
Unread 06-18-2007, 09:23 PM

((HUGS DONNA)) I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so down. I keep thinking it's so weird that I feel so wonderful yet read on here about so many that have been down since theirs. Physically I'm not always wonderful but emotionally I feel so much better. Maybe it's relief from it finally being over but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth either!

I know what you mean about the consequences afterwards. I'm still having the hot flashes and night sweats but oddly enough, they are much less than pre-op. The biggest things that bother me is the horrible pregnant looking belly and the fact that I still can't hold my son without ending in excruciating pain. Like you, not a moment goes by that I'm not thinking about this. I even get this stomach turning feeling when I think about the emptyness inside where my uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, and left ovary used to be. And like you, I wonder when I will stop thinking about it. Guess that will just take time huh? I really hope you get to feeling better really soon. Chin up, it's all behind us now!
Unread 06-18-2007, 10:11 PM

Sandy, I totally understand you frustrastration. I am in the same boat. I don't know why they just feel they can brush us off like that. I have been having the rectal pressure and abd. pain so I went to see the Dr and he ordered an ultrasound , which I had done on Saturday. Sunday the rectal pain got really bad then I started have bloody stools. I called the GYN dr ( my Dr wasn't on call) , her statement was "its probably a hemorrhoid or something". The entire commode was red and I was in tears from pain. So I was on the commode multiple times during the night, finally feel asleep around 530 am when hubby left for work. At 8 am the Dr calls to tell me my ultrasound showed the vaginal cuff was healing nicely and there was no hematomas, but that I should follow up with a GI Dr., nothing else from his standpoint. So fine, I guess my pain is my mind along with the blood - is how I felt at that moment.

I think you should take the time and make sure you are healed. I know I am not ready to go back to work yet. July 5 is my first scheduled day back. I am in no hurry!

Tomorrow it is to be hot here and I want to sit by the pool, I have yet to do it! Hope everyone is healing!
Unread 06-19-2007, 03:44 AM

Carly, thanks for your understanding. I'm sorry to hear about what you are going thru. If that happened to me I would be freaking out too. I can't stand how unsympathetic some of our health care people are. It doesn't make any sense to me. FYI I am going to call my family doc to ask him if he can help me with my sleep issues while I try natural remedies for the meno symptoms and to also see if he is knowledgeable and willing to help me with my efforts. I do really like him because he always seems to really be listening when I speak and does not brush me off. Did you call someone about the pain and bleeding? Please let me know how you made out.
Unread 06-19-2007, 07:48 AM

Hi Violet 17!
I also had LATVH and BSO on 5/14 and know exactly the physical feelings you are having "down there". I thought it was just me, but I guess this is why this board is soo helpful.
I probably overdid it a little in the beginning couple weeks as I was feeling pretty good and no bleeding, and thought that maybe this strange feeling was the result, but now I am not so sure.
I can walk all day, do minor things around the house and do not feel hardly any pain in the actual abdominal area (a little bit of pulling around the incisions maybe), but in the vagina, it just aches. After sitting, or going for car rides whether they be short or long duration, it is very uncomfortable. It feels to me, like maybe this is where the vaginal cuff was constructed? It is weird with having part of the surgery done in the vagina. You don't know exactly what is "normal" feelings there post op and what is not.
I am not overly concerned as I know the healing takes time. I am in my 5th week and other than this issue like you are also having, I feel good most of the time. I have my 6 week check up June 25th and I will report. Maybe I will have to have the silver nitrate to help things along in that cuff area.
One other thing - does anyone have the continuous yellowish discharge from TVH? I did not have bleeding, but would love to know when this discharge might stop? I have to change panty liners at every bathroom call. At my 1 week check, the doctor said with healing, there could be this and is okay, but I hoped it would subside by now!!
Unread 06-19-2007, 08:34 AM

Mine is mostly red -- I occasionally get some orange but then by the next potty stop it is back to bright red. I also have to change my panty liners frequently and sometimes have to use the good old maxis. I've already been cauterized with the silver nitrate once at the 2 week mark (and an internal exam too -- lucky me.) Silver nitrate -- here I come again. I can't believe that some people from our week are actually having sex already! It must have to do with whether or not you've left your cervix in.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register