Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 06-19-2007, 09:16 AM
5 week post-op

I have the yellowish discharge too. I had a TAH with RSO. IMy bladder and my uterus were extremely stuck together. Sometimes I am not sure if it is actually discharge or if it is from the bladder. I don't seem to be able to empty my bladder completely. I sit there for a few minutes and go several more times. Does anyone else have this problem? Also, I don't think I have passed any of the stitches from my vaginal cuff. Is this normal for 5 weeks? I have to say that overall I am starting to feel so much better. The swelly belly issues are still there; more so in the afternoon. I asked for a copy of my surgical report and pathology report and have signed releases for both. My dr. appointment is next Wednesday so I wanted to review the surgical report so I can ask the questions I need to. Once again I have to say what an awesome site this is. I have made some new friends that I feel I have know for a lifetime even though it has only been a couple of months. I hope my experience can help others out there. There was so much prior to finding this site that I did not have a clue about . Heres to speedy, uneventful recoveries and a future period and pain free!
Blessings to all, Patti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

My red has stopped, thankfully, after laying around all day Sunday and Monday. Today back to the yellow. My postop appt is next Tues but I wonder what she will have to say. I really want to get back to work and normal activity but right now I am not so sure if that is going to happen. I am planning to take it really easy this week (while trying to build up a bit of stamina) so she will give me the green light...I don't know. I was thinking the same as Donna when I read what others are doing that had surgery at the same time. Maybe it is our late 40s age that is drawing us back a bit?
Unread 06-19-2007, 10:06 AM

To get an appointment with a GI Dr will take 3 month. The bleeding has stopped. Maybe it was a hemorrhoid that was irritated my the exam from the Dr. when he politly inserted a digit to places things should not go.

The nurse called to say my hemoglobin is now 10.3, thats the highest it has been in a year. Because I get to keep alllllllll my blood~ yeah!

Anyway, I woke up feeling really good today. Had a good night sleep-- woohoo!! I feel like I could go to work today and make some money....lol. ANd I love when I wake up and my belly is not all swollen.

I am going to aid the kids in cleaning up and head outside for some sun :--)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2007, 10:49 AM

I can't believe it either! I will say that my libido has had some major surges post op. I think just because the pain that prevented me from a healthy, enjoyable sex life is finally gone, but even so, we are not attempting this until I am cleared. We have had "outer course" and it did cause any discomfort at all, but even that made me nervous. What if the spasms internally caused some adhesions, or what if this, what if that....?? I am looking forward to that new aspect of my life with my husband, but not quite yet. Pretty nervous about something happening to put me back in the hospital, even after the doc clears me.
Unread 06-19-2007, 01:03 PM

I still have some yellow discharge, have not had any blood since day one..Doc told me was just stuff up there dissolving he used to hold it all together..I am doing more and more, went to town today with Daniel for the first time solo..we did okay..he has some slight CP along with Autism and he will hold or sometimes feel like he is pulling on you while getting in and out of the car and up on curbs but that went well, and he enjoyed time with me...on the 21'st I have dental surgery with Michael which is a 3 hour drive, plus getting him in and out of the car..the girl that is going with me can not lift him by herself either, but figure between the two of us we can do it without much trouble, they are just going to have to lift him up on the stretcher and back off...that is all there is to that one..My back tends to hurt worse then anything, but I can now finally STRETCH..oh my that felt good..to just put my arms over my head and stretch...
I can honestly say I do not miss my uterus or anything connected to it in any way shape or form..it was like a unwanted guest as far as I was concerned, always demanding attention..so I am glad it was kicked out the hotel...lol..
Dr. never did a internal on me...should I be worried about my cuff..or only if I seem like I am having trouble...cause there has been no bleeding or anything like that, most of my pain has all been pain from suregery, not much else...
The girls here remind me every day, remember look for deals on tampons..lol....

jabomer aka lori
Unread 06-19-2007, 03:30 PM

Jabomer ~ tell your friends I have a real good deal for them "FREE" .......lol I bought the big huge jumbo boxes of super tampons and I have a ton left over. I am going to take them and put them in the girls bathroom at work for all my coworkers ( big smile on my face right now). I am so happy not to have my uterus also.

My Dr. said that the best way to assess the vaginal cuff is a digit in the rectum and digit in the vagina at the same time. Ouch! It wasn't fun and thank goodness we girls only have one uterus, I do not think I would ever want to do this all again.

I feel like a human today! I drove the car! I went to look at a house with in-law quarters. We are looking for a house were my in-laws can come live with us because they are getting older. I have had a good day!
Unread 06-19-2007, 03:48 PM

GREAT! Thanks for the info on how they check the vaginal cuff Sounds like more good times! As if I didn't feel violated enough already! Oh well, one more step in the journey to wellness! I just was talking to my mom on the phone and told her that I ALMOST made a dentist appt for myself today when I took my DD but then couldn't quite bring myself to do it. I think I need to give myself a break from anything medical for a while!
Unread 06-19-2007, 07:46 PM

Still wearing pads myself.... i'll be back at the drugstore replenishing my supply AGAIN!!! not too red anymore... just yellow-y? I've gotten so little info from my sugeon i really don't know what to expect...
Unread 06-19-2007, 07:50 PM

Oh thank goodness my surgeon didn't check my vaginal cuff that way. I would have come off the table! hahahaha I hope you ladies still bleeding get over it really soon. I'm thanking my lucky stars on that one!
Unread 06-20-2007, 03:38 PM

Hi I am new to this site and it has helped tremendously reading about everything. My hysterectomy was May 14th. I feel pretty good just tired .Still sensitive around stitches and trying to be careful what I pick up. I am going in tomorrow for my doctor appt. I have many questions. I dont know about hormones I have read things but not sure if I should take them or not. I am having some clammy moments and a few slight headaches. Oh well best of luck to everyone and thankyou for the information.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register