Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 06-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

YIPPEE!!!! I got the green light for work! I am going to do 4 hours on Sat, I am so excited. My husband will be dissappointed, no sex until July 3.

I told the Doc no hormones and he said ok, if you decide different later give me a call. I think that is the best decision for me. Since I work nightshift the insomnia will fit into my schedule...lol The nurse said " Oh, it is nice to see yoou finally smiling". I had to apologize to her for being so mean the last 6 months. I guess when I think about it I probably never did smile when I went there, always bleeding and in pain, begging for surgery. Poor girl probably wanted to run when she saw my chart come up in the rack.

I am so glad I had this site during my recovery, for points of view, friendship and venting. Thank you to everyone!!!! You are great and I hope everyone is having a good day today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2007, 10:21 AM

Good News, Carly!!! I go next Tues and I am hoping to get the same green light. I am so ready to get back to normal. I think having all this time on my hands is making me brood too much. Let us know how you do going back to work Saturday! :
Unread 06-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Hello

Hello All,
I have been looking at all the posts everyone has made. I guess I must be very resililent (sp) to everything. I had a TAH with ovaries and tubes removed on May 16. I have had problems with my cycles every since I started when I was 11 years old. Finally went to a OB/GYN that wanted to find out what was causing the problems. Had an ultrasound where they found a mass the size of a tennis ball to the right of my uterus. Then was sent for an MRI to find out what the mass was. MRI showed I had not one but TWO uterus. As if one isn't bad enough. So when Dr. went in she took out BOTH uterus, cervix, both ovaries and I only had one tube and she took it also. Got out of the Castle the morning of the 18th in time to ride 30 miles (one way)to my grandson's pre-k graduation ceremony. On Saturday rode another 30 miles (one way) to granddaughter's soccer game. Sunday rode 25 miles (one way) for Church then to two more soccer games. Got food poison on Monday went to ER for dehydration. Tuesday rode 25 miles to the office to check in, I was able to work from home on most stuff. We are very busy with our family so it was very hard for Memaw to say no. On June 7th my DH and I took a trip to Indiana (we live in Oklahoma) to see my DS and my parents. It was a 700 mile (one way) trip. It wasn't too bad. I did hurt some when I got to my dad's but not anything disruptive. I am back to work full time this week. I have been very tired at the end of the day but nothing that I can't live with. I have never had any bleeding (Thank the Good LORD). I am taking Enjuivia for the Hot Flashes and Night Sweats. I sit here reading all the posts and really have to Thank God that I came through this as well as I have. I keep waiting for the proverbial "other foot" to drop. The wave of emotions, the pain... etc... Well I am that everyone continues doing well in their recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Well, I had my 4 week yesterday. I really dont know what color my light was but is wasnt green--but not red either. I can walk, I can start to lift weights, but only very, very light ones. I can go back to work 1/2 days and build up to full days (which was my plan starting on monday)

As for Sex, (the reason my husband came with me to my appt) we can kind of have sex! YEP kind of - only an inch. till my next appt. 4 weeks away! should have seen the look on my DH face. I guess I have to laugh, only because much more than that would scare me right now. So I called my best friend (hubby & her get along great!) and told her about it so she can give him a hard time about it for the next month.

My internal exam really suprised me, I have left the doc after every exam in tears for the last 15 years! and yes it hurt when he bumped my incestion, but the exam did not!! I was so happy, I almost cried anyway. I guess it was the first time I have been really OK with the decision to have surgery. I am 32, and even though, my DH and I were not planning on more childern, now that I dont have the ability to has been very dificult for me. I think my doc appt might have been my turning point. I can honestly say, I am so thankful, to finally not be in pain, EveryDay! I know waking up from surgery I was in less pain then the day prior to or the year prior too. I guess I have just been dwelling on the negative (which is not like me) and I forgot the positive.-- I am glad to finally feel the good side!
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:03 PM

Good for you! If only you had a camera to take a photo of your DH's face though! Glad you are feeling good about everything!
Unread 06-22-2007, 02:19 PM
An INCH?

drgldy-Thank you so much for the chuckle!! I was looking at the posts, from the last few days, and feeling kinda icky, till I read your post! Oh my gosh! I can only imagine the look on hubby's face! HAHAHA!
One thing that I love about this site, either I can find someone who is going through the same thing I am, has been through it and can offer advice or a huge laugh....fantastic!
I have been having lots of low, bladder type pains today. Don't really know why, I had an IVP (kidney) yesterday, but of course I haven't heard back from the Doc about it yet. Just an owey day, and I thought these were over with. Oh well, tomorrow may be better.
Unread 06-22-2007, 02:37 PM

Thanks for welcoming me on the new sister forum. I just read all the threads on this site (may 18th was my hysterectomy) I go to Dr next Friday. He already said he would probably keep me out of work for 2 more weeks, which is fine with me. I was out today visiting with a friend and now I am exhausted and just don't feel well. I still have a slight bloating feeling, hopefully that is normal. I didn't realize that I will have a full exam at my 6 week check up. Just something to look forward to. What exactly does the banana stand for, I think I know, just want to make sure...hahaha
Unread 06-22-2007, 04:26 PM

It stands for anything you want it to!
Unread 06-22-2007, 05:18 PM

My hubby came home from work and I was on this site reading the post and the first thing he asked was " can we have sex?"' I just laughed and said not til JUly4 th and then I read about the inch! I said " wait a minute, come read this, maybe we could do this" , he read it and said" no freakin way! all or nothing!" and stomped away like a little boy who had his lollipop taken away....lol
Unread 06-22-2007, 06:12 PM

Too funny! The suspense is killing them! Hope you have fireworks on July 4th!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register