Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 06-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Hey Donna! I was thinking the same thing about the convention idea. I think that would be awesome! I have often wished that I could meet some of my sisters someday. I would like to give everyone BIG HUGS TOO! I feel like we are about to graduate or something. Well, I guess we are in a way. We are graduating to Life after Hysterectomy, and hopefully it will be a happy one for all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2007, 07:21 PM

We are to be congratulated on our milestone! Thanks to all of you for your help and advice! This Forum has been a blessing and so much help to me! xo
Unread 06-28-2007, 03:24 PM
First day back at work

Good afternoon sisters
I had my 6 weeek post-op appointment yesterday . I was given the all clear to resume everything I was doing prior to my surgery. I had a whole list of questions to ask the doctor but forgot to ask half of them. Did anyone else have bladder issues after there TAH? My bladder was "densely adherent" to my uterus so surgery took over 2 hours. I am back at work for the first time today and am having bladder issues. I am not sure if it is because I have been on my feet alot or if is from my exam yesterday. I feel constant bladder pressure. I have been in the bathroom way too many times today. There isn't any burning when I do go . I also don't seem to be able to empty it all the way. I usually have to make a repeat visit to the potty about 15 minutes later to finish. Other than the bladder issue I feel great. It was so nice to not have all that right side pain when I should have had a period. YEAH!!
I wanted to thank all of you for the awesome support that you have all shared with me. This site and all of you sisters have been my life line for the past 2 months. I wish I could give you all big hugs in person. I hope I can return the support to many ladies in waiting. Purplehaze and Violet50 , you are amazing! You have both been an inspiration to me. Also a big thank you to Diane . Take care and remember how special each and every one of you are. We all have a lot to celebrate. Keep the faith and keep those uneventful but successful recoveries going. LOve and blessings to all! Love, Patti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 07:26 PM
back to life

I went for my 5/6 week appointment and he said all was well, and to start back to my normal routine, but to take it slow and listen to my body. No lifting heavy stuff or over doing it. I am always over doing it, that is just the way I am.
So I went back to work part time, boy do I get tired easy, and my belly gets soar after a few hours. I'll finish off this week with part time and then try full time next week (short week 4 of July). My boss is very easy going so it will all work out fine.
I feel great not much pain that I can't handle with some over the counter meds. Waiting for the hormones stuff to start , not much so far, just low energy.
THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT SITE AND I JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL FOR ALL THE INFORMATION AND SUPPORT THIS SURE MADE THIS TIME MORE BEARABLE
THANKS AGAIN GOD BLESS
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:55 PM

I dont post alot but read daily....well I was 6 weeks post op Monday and I am doing great, I go to my family dr next week for a check up, she dont even know I had the hyster she sent me to the ob/gyn but I havent seen her since he scheduled and done the surgery so anyhow I go to her so she can check and see if my blood count has gone up any, hopefully it has. This sight has helped in more ways then anyone will ever know.....thanks you all it has been great.....
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:14 AM

Hey, Everyone! I took my little blue car for a spin yesterday! Now I look like my signature picture again!
Unread 06-29-2007, 02:03 PM

Hi All,

I had my 6 week post op yestreday, Dr said I was doing great. Still have some sutures so I didn't get the "green light" yet She said to wait two more weeks. But other than that she said I amazed her how quickly I recovered and how quickly I was able to do things. I did get the pathology report back, everything was clear, instead of it being a second uterus is was a fibroid the size of a uterus and also had multiple cysts on both ovaries. Some endometriosis and adenomyosis anterior and posterior. The hormones are getting alot better. I am on Enjuivia 0.3 and she said I could take a half one of the evening to help with the night sweats. Every day I feel better and getting more energy and more desire to get out and do things. Just finishing up my second week back to work full time. Last week was a little rough. I was very tired when I got home from work, but this week is much better. I am so glad to hear everyone is recovering so well. My to everyone in their continued recovery.
Unread 07-01-2007, 09:07 AM

How is everyone doing....I am doing pretty well, before the accident I was going great guns Now I have to wear a Jewett brace for 4 to 8 weeks and back to no lifting or bending..which now means I have been on a no lift since May 15th Which is past now being a pain..lol...I am back on pain pills since everything is back to hurting again..sigh..but I have not missed Aunt Flo one bit, I do notice even with hormones I need the fan on beside the bed at nite, I won't waste AC on just me...but DH is okay with it...I am able to have sex..lol...or some version of it since I am not that mobile, but the H has not seemed to caused any problems there...Swelly belly was going away but come back with the accident, but am hoping it goes away soon again, or at least down a little bit..
Hope everyone is starting to enjoy the summer, I am a official pool raft person..

lori aka jaboomer
Unread 07-01-2007, 09:25 AM
6 weeks out and we finally "did it"

Well, it's official -- we "did it" last night although I don't go for my post-op until tomorrow morning. I was able to orgasm but wow did that penetration hurt! Felt like DH had a penis made out of sandpaper! I'm glad we sort of jumped the gun a little because I want to ask my doc about what I can do to alleviate that. Also DH said it felt like "stitches" on the sides of the vaginal wall, but as far as I know I don't have any there -- only at the cuff. I didn't have painful intercourse before this so I'm feeling regretful about my decision to do this yet again.

Anybody out there have a time machine so I can go back and cancel my surgery?

I've decided to talk to the doc about possibly taking a small dosage of some type of estrogen to alleviate the HEAT! My deciding factor is that I'm so sad when I have to tell my kids (esp. the youngest who is autistic) not to climb on me or just give a quick hug because I'm on fire most of the time. I also need to prepare my list of questions for the appt. and am interesting in seeing the rest of the pictures from my surgery. I'm still doubtful that the doc "fixed" all my bowel problems like he thinks he did -- I ate a bunch of cherries yesterday and was on the toilet with IBS-D about an hour later.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer and that you can enjoy the 4th of July with a BANG!
Unread 07-01-2007, 09:32 AM

Donna - KY Jelly!!! I didn't even attempt it without it knowing that things in there would be a bit tender and maybe a bit dry. It hurt at first but went fine after the initial "shock" wore off. lol The KY will help things move a bit smoother for ya.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register