Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Well I'm happy to say on Day 6 my mood is still holding up and I got my staples out today and the catheter is out as long as I go pee every 2 hours and I retrain my bladder to function. The cath came out really easily and it didn't hurt like in the hospital. I wonder if that nurse remembered to deflate the bulb in the cath before pulling it out. I don't like that nurse she! Oh well that's over.

Hope all of you are having a great day. Just a quick TIP: When I felt sad and depressed I went outside and sat in the sun. That helped me a lot.

Love and hugs to all

cp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 04:51 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm 3 days post-op and had my LAVH with LSO and vaginal reconstruction. The surgery was a bit harder than expected due to the size of my uterus and cyst but they were able to remove it vaginally luckily. I have the 3 incisions from the laproscope and the one in my belly button isn't looking so well. Gonna have to call my doctor tomorrow. My foley catheter also started to adhere to my bladder wall so now I have a very irritated bladder as well! *UGH*

When I woke up, I was beyond sore! I laid there bawling waiting for the toradol and morphine to kick in. Seemed like it took forever! I'm still very bloated and sore from the gases. Just getting up and walking is excruciating! I'm on Percocet and Ibuprofen 800's but they only seem to take off the edge of the pain and make me loopy feeling. Not easy when my husband is being a total BUTTHEAD and I'm not resting like I should. They also have me on stool softeners and I had my first BM post-op today. That seems to have irritated my muscles and has made my pain worse!

But it's worth it to me to finally know that once this is over, there will be no more bleeding or pain. Keeping my right ovary was a good decision I think but my surgeon thinks it may have to come out in a few years. Gives me more time before HRT at least. LOL I need to move the keyboard and get some sleep now. Thanks for all the support ladies! Sorry for my jumbled post, these drugs make it hard to keep track of a thought. hahaha

Any ideas on how to get rid of this gas easier????
Unread 05-21-2007, 05:09 PM

Hi Rene'e!

Walking really helps me -- I literally become a farting machine! Glad you're doing better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 05:51 PM

I had my surgery May 14th. Much more painul than i had imagined LATVH, they also found a large tumor - don't kow how they missed it before. stlll waiting on results. BM's are still a HUGE issue even with help....OUCH! i thought i was prepared but i really wasn't.
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:23 PM

Renee-
I use my rocking chair, it moves the gas and doesn't hurt as much as walking if you are still very sore. Good luck, hon, we're praying for you!
As far as butthead hubbies, I think hyster sisters should start a new site for Butthead Brothers...those who act like twits when their wives are recovering from MAJOR SURGERY.
Do you think any of them would post?
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:54 PM

Violet-
Quit making me laugh so hard...it hurts. You are too funny.

I know my husband wouldn't post unless there was golf involved in it somehow. He hasn't been too much of a butthead, just a little grouchy. (he never has any free time...oh please, as if I am having all sorts of fun with this!)

Good luck to all of you and I will keep reading and LAUGHING!
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:58 PM

OMG Violet, you're gonna make me pull stitches! That was hilarious. I know my husband wouldn't post because then he'd have to admit he's doing me wrong. hahahaha

Thanks for the rocking idea....if only I had a rocking chair. I can't get over how painful this is. I so wasn't prepared for not even being able to sit up! I'm going to have to try to walk more tomorrow or something.
Unread 05-21-2007, 07:21 PM

Any of you gals with the LAVH have a sore va-jay-jay?

OMG I was showering today and it literally felt like a bowling ball had passed through there. Guess I just didn't notice it before what with all the other pain and the narcotics. Thank God no sex for several weeks! OW!
Unread 05-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Funny Bunnies...

Violet- you are such a hoot. You just make me laugh, you ol' farting machine. hehe

PMS Princess-Gas X became my best friend, I took it for a few days and it really did help.

I am not having any BM issues-I have always used Shaklee Herb Lax (natural herbal remedy) and that has kept me going just fine after the initial OMG this hurts so bad and I just wanna POOP!

My DH just made me a cup of tea, he gets a bozo button tonight.

I am 7 days post op and bleeding more heavily than I have at all since surgery. Blood is darker, starting to smell old and a little clotty, is this normal? I tried to quit taking my pain meds, but decided to quit trying to be wonder woman and sucumb to the benefits of no or little pain. These crazy *** dreams are freaking me out! I'm up and down out of bed to the recliner, to the deck so much at night. I've had the sweaty chills too, but no fever. Are those hot flashes?

OliviaToo-How are you? How is your recovery? I know we had alot of the same procedures done on the same day, can you feel your stitches starting to pull a little bit? I can't wait to see what it's like to have a regular feeling hooha again...

Happy recovery, Melicat
Unread 05-22-2007, 06:34 AM
Sore Vagina!

Love2Quilt,

I also had the LAVH/BSO and I'm also pretty sore. I thought they did a little snip snip down there but the nurse looked yesterday and said no stitch so I guess I'm stretched a bit. I ready somewhere that if you roll up a wash cloth and soak it as hot as you can stand place it between your leg its suppose to relieve some of the discomfort.

Hope you do well, I'm going for my first shower today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register