Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Unread 05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 14-May 21,2007

Oliviatoo - I had a TVH on the 15th and today I was dizzy/light-headed for most of the day. I think I over did it yesterday and probably today too. My hubby has switched to "oh whoa is me" mode. Yes he's tired and "over worked." (He's taken time to be home with me and our 3.5 yo daughter. Our 8.5 yo son is in school. Give me a break.) But he's doing the best he can. (This almost turned into a huge rant on my part. Sorry.)

My biggest "pain" now is itching on the outer part of my va-jay-jay. What's up with that? I think it's from wearing a panty liner all the time now so I took it off and have on cozy cotton undies.

I got outside today for a longer walk - 5 minutes or so. It is so warm and wonderful here in West MI finally but supposed to cool down on Thursday. Of course - holiday weekend and it won't get over 70.

Monica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candice82717
Hi its been one week since my castle visit i was released on thursay i was in lot's of pain in the castle the nurse were worried cause i was taking 4 times the amount of pain meds they usally give. i went home and still could not feel my self pee put a cathiter back in they removed it today i still have not had a bm ive been walking drinking prune juice and dulcolax and 1 ennma but still is not working any suggestions. my moods are going crazy and ive been put on xzanx sp? & paxil how long does it take to work . i have allful back pains and it fills like something is stabbing me in the vag. good luck to all you other sisters hope all is well
Candice,
I had my TVH last Wednesday, the16th. On Friday morning they took the catheter out and told me I had 6 hours to pee on my own. Only could go a little bit and was it was so painful - I felt as though I was giving birth. They ended up putting the catheter back in and I been home with it ever since. I go back to the doctor on Thursday and hopefully it can be removed.
Anyway, I had a similar problem with constipation. Took MOM twice and nothing happened - called my doctor and he told me to try a suppository (we call 'em silver bullets). 45 minutes later, the world was right once again! Having said this, if you are still having any problems - call your doctor, he/she will help you. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Unread 05-22-2007, 06:55 PM

BSO is both overies & tubes gone forever. Lucky dog-- you are feeling so fantastic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2007, 08:21 PM

I had my surgery May the 18th in the afternoon. I had my first BM today, and I feel much better. i'm still quite bloated and gassy. But all is going pretty good so far. I have on some sort of HRT patch.
Unread 05-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Hello All,

Home from the castle and doing ok. I had a TAH/BSO on Friday, May 18th and returned home on Sunday, May 20th. The hospital staff was great, but I couldn't wait to get outta there! The nurses almost over did it if you will as they were always in to check on me and my vitals. I was up on my feet and moving within hours of my surgery and was able to urinate as soon as the catheter was removed. Started the Climara HRT immediately. Nothing unexpected found. Will get the full details of my surgery at my first post-op appointment this Friday. The only thing I am concerned about at this point is the fact that I haven't had a BM yet. I am taking a stool softener and drinking tons of water in hopes that it will happen soon. Will talk to my physician about it on Friday if I haven't gone by then. Glad to see you all on the flip side!

Nine
Unread 05-22-2007, 09:25 PM

oh angelnine I am jealous, I saw 1 nurse every 4 hours and when you finally get them in there to get you something .. she says ok i will be right back with that...then you doz of a bit then realize she never came back, next thing you know you find a new nurse at your door.
ugg I HATE PPO
Unread 05-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Here's my progress so far...1 week out--Grrrrr

I've been sleeping with heating pad on low, under my back and bum which helps a lot with the sleeping discomfort. Got 3 hours in the bed, woke with a bad dream and had to urinate twice in that short amount of time. Then I had about 1/2 hour nap in the recliner today between phones and kids, and hubby in and out. Now I am bright eyed and bushy tailed and it is the middle of the night.
I went through the supermarket with DH today, and cooked part of dinner. (Steaks on the BBQ was DH participation) But I think I over did it and I felt pretty bad for about an hour until the Motrin kicked in. One nurse told me to drink Ensure to help speed the healing, and I been drinking the high protein --one each day, maybe I would feel worse if I hadn't. I'm also cutting back on the prune juice, it's getting a little too good at helping things along.
Starting to get shooting pains when I urinate. Drank lots of cranberry juice and 2 cranberry pills to keep whatever it might be at bay. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Anyone else get a urinary tract infect a week out?
I did hear from the Doc that path report says NO cancer. This is good news. But then I think why the heck did I have this thing then? The atypical cells they found last time were either wrong, or they are wrong this time! How can they both be true? Is it just an "oops" in the path lab that has caused me to go through all this?
Ladies, I'm just sick and tired of being sick not sleeping is making me very grouchy, along with wishing I was feeling much better already. Patience is NOT one of my virtues.
DH and DD are going to visit my mother in law for a few days, she is in a nursing home. Too far away for me to go but DD lives close by, and I am looking forward to the quiet.
I hope everyone is doing okay today!
Unread 05-23-2007, 06:28 AM

Violet om I was going to ask about the UTI as well.
I have been wondering if this will cause a Uti. I am forever having to go

and I am here with you on the patience!!! I am independant and cant stand being driven everywhere and not being able to do common things
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:28 AM

I am with you on the patience thing!! I am really one who does not like to not be in control of things. I know DH is doing his best, but good grief this place is falling apart!!! The kids' clean clothes haven't been put away so they can't find anything. The one good thing is they have to learn to do things for themselves. I'm finding out how much I really do for them. They are 8 and 10, not babies anymore. I think this is turning out to be a learning experience for us all!!
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:54 AM

hey, i had a lavh and bso on may 16th, came home on the 17th. i felt so remarkably great after the surgery it amazed me! i couldn't believe just how long i had put up with so much pain. i had the gassy spells at home (thank god for gas x strips) and other than that i haven't had much pain. that is until yesterday...i learned the hard way to not over do. i went for a walk with my daughter yesterday. we decided to go get pizza and since my sister still has my car we walked to pick up the pizza. well, lets just say a 30 minute walk was not the best thing in the world to do....but after sitting for the rest of the night and most of the morning my belly has finally started to stop swelling. ok, so i felt better than i should have i suppose. and here i was thinking i wanted to go back to work on friday...hahahaha but i will be taking it much easier for the rest of the week and hopefully by tuesday of next week i will feel like going to work. but i must say...it feels so much better than i could have ever imagined!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register