Stick a fork in me...I'm done!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stick a fork in me...I'm done!!!! Stick a fork in me...I'm done!!!!

Unread 06-21-2001, 12:09 PM
Stick a fork in me...I'm done!!!!

Hey girls!

Yes...today was my last radiation treatment. Wouldn't you know it...I get a call at 11:30 from the Dr's office asking me if I realized that I was suppose to be there at 11:00. I thought my appointment was at 1:00 like it was the last two times. So I run out of the house to get there as soon as possible. Nothing like a little jolt to the system on the last day. But yes it is over. I feel very good, and to tell you the truth, like I have a new lease on life. I have lost 32 lbs. through this ordel but need to lose more. So I started a new healthy living program today. After all I have to be in good shape to take care of this new baby after we go to get her/him. There are some painting projects I want to get done and cleaning out closets and such. Why is it that once you have your last treatment a new burst of energy springs forth?

When I was leaving the doctor's office..I noticed one of the ladies I hadn't seen awhile in the waiting area. I was telling her that today was my last treatment, with big ole goofy smile, hands raised in celebration. There was another lady in the waiting room that I had never seen before, her daughter asked me to come over and help calm her mother's fears about the very first treatment she would be having in a few minutes. I don't know how much I was able to help, considering she was having radiation for a brain tumor. But she seemed to relax a little. There are times that the beginning of this process seemed a lifetime ago and then times it seems like it was just yesterday that the news of cancer was delivered to me. The fears of the unknown were always entering my daily thoughts. But I found a special group of women that made it more bareable. I pray that every women that has to go through this kind of experience has the support , whereever that it make come from, that I had.

Thanks and love to you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2001, 12:30 PM

's ((((Zoe)))))

How wonderful!!!
You must be sooooo relieved to be finally finished with all this ordeal.

And now you can put your full concentration on getting that little bundle of joy!!! You will be such a wonderful, caring mother.

How sweet of you to try and comfort that lady today. The poor dear, dealing with a brain tumor, God bless her. I can imagine how afraid she was.

Well Zoe, you and hubby should be going out to celebrate.
Can't wait to see you post that you are on your way to pick up your little darlin!!!
All the Best Zoe,
Be well, be healthy and be happy!!!!
Love and hugs,
M xoxo
Unread 06-21-2001, 03:04 PM

Congratulations, Zoe!

What wonderful news! I'm SO glad you are finished and ready to move on now. Lots to do to get ready for that little one, and now you have the energy to do it! (It would scare me to think about cleaning out closets, but it sounds like you are a braver woman than I !)

Enjoy your new life, cancer-free! And absolutely let us know when it's time to bring that baby home. There's all kinds of "aunts" here who want to know!

Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2001, 03:53 PM

I am so happy for you. I laughed when you said you were all cooked. I used to refer to the radiation treatments as being "nuked". It is amazing how you come around full circle in your emotions from the time you are diagnosed to the time you finish treatment. I pray you have many more wonderful years ahead of you and that you can be a source of strength and love for whatever God has planned for you. God helped you to get through this for a reason and hopefully his reason is the same that you want, a family. God Bless You and take care.
Unread 06-21-2001, 08:10 PM

That is so nice of you to have spoken to that woman who was there for her first treatment. I am sure that you helped to calm her. You were giving her the support that the ladies here have given you...so you gave back to someone else and that is wonderful!! I am sure that you made a difference for her!!
Congratulations on your last treatment today!! That is reason to celebrate!! You were strong and finished and we all knew that you could and would do it! I am thrilled that the ladies here were able to help you. I wish that I could have given you more than prayers, but I have not experienced these treatments. Please know that I will keep you in my prayers. May you be blessed with great health and much happiness...and with a new baby coming, I'm sure you will be!
Unread 06-21-2001, 09:48 PM

That is such great news! Done is such a lovely word!

Brain tumor would be so frightening, poor thing. It helps just have someone say they understand, so I'm sure you helped her. God sent you through the waiting room right then to cheer her up.
Unread 06-22-2001, 07:31 PM

{{Zoe}}

I'm ssssssoooooooo happy for you! Isn't it a great feeling to finally finish the treatments!

How sweet you were to talk to that poor lady. I know she must have been so scared. As we all have found here, it helps so much to talk to someone who's been through it.

Relax and celebrate your wonderful accomplishment! And, soon you'll be going to get your little darling!

Big {{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 06-22-2001, 10:08 PM

Great news , Zoe, x x

Zoe , I am so happy that you have reached the end. Now , you can get on with your life cancer free. With that new bundle that you have so patiently waited for. What a lucky person he/she will be. Please dont leave us ,we want to be here to welcome the new addition. You mentioned a new healthy living plan, have you checked out the new forum here at hyster sisters ? Hysteritaville. Great place to go for info. on heathly living.

Zoe , it was so nice of you to try to ease the womens mind about her treatment, it seems to happen like that, God has given you a gift in this radiation and that is to be ableto help others who are going through it

Much , much love to you Zoe, my radiation friend

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register