Incisional Hernia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incisional Hernia Incisional Hernia

Unread 05-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Incisional Hernia

Yesterday was my birthday. I started with a follow up to my uro-gyn about continued pain in my left groin/pelvic region after LAVH 2+years ago and rectocele repair 4 months ago.

He said he felt a bit of a hard lump in my groin/pelvic area near my original incision. He thinks I could either have adhesions with nerve entrapment, or an incisional hernia. If its the latter, he said it can be dangerous and would need to repair it. He would do it laproscopically and get a general surgeon to help close me up. Uggghhhh

If its the first idea he could give me an injection of Kennelogg(cortisone) in the site while feeling it with palpitation. So, I opted to try that. But then I got to thinking....what if the lump is my intestine and he sticks it with the cortisone. I am afraid. Can any sister relate? Any chance anyone has had such a problem?

Thanks for helping me think! C. Anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Incisional Hernia

C.Anne,
Happy belated birthday! It's weird but last year on my birthday I got fitted with 5 or 6 different pessaries - That's not how we are supposed to spend our birthdays at the gyn's office! LOL.
I really can't help you, but I wanted to send b-day wishes and prayers that the solution to your problem can be taken care of easily. Hugs.
Unread 05-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Incisional Hernia

Hi~
I have an incisional hernia also. I am going to see gyno monday, and I was told I would need to get it removed, it can be dangerous. I have pain, bloating(for over week now) etc...

I am not happy about more surgery,as im sure your not. So I can relate,good luck to you.
Happy Birthday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Incisional Hernia

Thanks sisters...best wishes candlechic42...I don't know my plan yet. Hope you do well with your repair! C. Anne
Unread 05-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Incisional Hernia

c.anne, i had an incisional hernia repaired about 15 months after my tah/bso. the surgery and immediate recovery is much much easier than from the hysterectomy, but you're on strict activity restrictions which last as long or longer than from the original hysterectomy. best wishes.
Unread 05-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Incisional Hernia

I have had two hernia repairs since my surgery in Oct. 04, two different ones - but neither surgery got rid of the pain.
Unread 05-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Incisional Hernia

I am so sorry to hear you continue to have pain. Me too. I am still searching for a remedy. Best wishes....C.Anne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register