Anterior & Posterior Repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anterior & Posterior Repair Anterior & Posterior Repair

Unread 05-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Cool - Anterior & Posterior Repair Anterior & Posterior Repair

I am supposed to have a Cystocele and Rectocele this Tuesday. Does anyone have any info on these two procedures?? I am considering on backing out, at least with the Rectocele. Please help....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Anterior & Posterior Repair

Why are you considering backing out? Is it because you're nervous or having second thoughts about the method of repair or recuperation. I'd like to help.
Michelle
Unread 05-19-2007, 11:18 PM

Thanks! I am apprehensive from all of the research I have done. Nothing is much positive.
I have tecently had a breast bipopsy (needle) and have nerve damage on my breast. And they say I am the only one this has happened to out of over 5000 patients in 16 yrs. Yea right!!!This includes numbness and much pain. It has been 6 mos.. I am afraid of any nerve damage in my private regions. I do not think I need the posterior repair. My condition according to my gyn says it is not a bad case. At this point I do not hink I want to take the chance is potentially ruining my sex life. Along with all the bad experiences I have read about. The sling scares me. No great reviews.
I had my hysterectomy in 2004. No problems with that what soever. Great results till now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2007, 07:27 AM

What kind of repairs are being done? Is any kind of mesh support being used? Also how bad is your cystocele? Did your doctor grade it with a number? Women on this forum have been through a lot and can help you with information based on their experience.

Good luck in your decision. If you need more time to get another doctor's opinion--do it. I wish I would have done more research before I had my first surgery. I would have had the surgery done by a different doctor.

CArol
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:39 AM

Mgdhart, it sounds like you've already had more than your fair share. The good thing about prolapse is that it is rarely a medical emergency. You can live many years with the inconvenience of symptoms. What you need to think about is how badly is this affecting your life? Bad enough to consider surgical repair? Since your Dr feels that your prolapse is minimal there are other non-invasive things you can do for relief of symptoms. He can refer you to a Pelvic Floor therapist. You can try a pessary. Research your options before you make any decisions.
Michelle
Unread 05-20-2007, 08:41 PM

Thaks you so much
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:46 PM

There is the pessary option, although I've been reading reviews about pessaries, and most women don't seem very positive about them. But if rectocele surgery isn't something you want to consider, maybe you could ask your doctor for some information about a pessary?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register