GOD works in mysterous ways | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

GOD works in mysterous ways GOD works in mysterous ways

Unread 05-20-2007, 11:43 PM
GOD works in mysterous ways

WOW.. Something amazing just happened and I just wanted to share it with everyone. As you can tell from my name, I am an Intensive care RN. I am at work tonight caring for an elderly woman and her family came in to see her this evening. I updated them on her condition and answered their questions for a few minutes. Then as I was walking away, one of the daughters came up to me and asked me out of the blue if I had any children. ( Of course, I hate this questions, especially from strangers). Anyway, I simply told her no, I don't. She then told me that she adopted her two beautiful children. And preceeded to tell me that she had to have a total hysterectomy at the age of 30. ( I am 29 right now). And that she always wanted a family and that GOD knew she would have children, her body just didn't work right, but that he gave her, HER children she was suppose to have through another way. WOW. How did she know I was hurting about not having children, How did she know about my hysterectomy and that my husband and I have been talking about adopting? How did she know????? I am personally a believer, and that gives me comfort, but this was great. I started crying, (which I never do at work, especially not in front a family with a sick relative). She gave me a hug and whispered in my ear that GOD told her to come up and talk to me about this that she had a feeling a needed a hug and a word of encouragment. All I can say is WOW.. I just wanted to share this amazing moment with the believers and non believers alike. Have a great day, and GOD bless. Summer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 01:03 AM

Wow, this is the most amazing story I have ever heard. I know that God does speak through other people, but yes!!!! how did she know? I am also a believer and those who may not be, well, this story will surely change their minds. I am so glad you experienced this and now you have a new faith of the good things to come. God has those special children in mind for you and he knows they need you. Thanks for sharing your story.
Unread 05-21-2007, 10:18 AM

That is amazing. I do believe that God places people in our lives at times that we need them. My father passed away last year, and my sister had a similar experience.. the cashier at the grocery store just started talking to her out of the blue about losing her husband, and how even though she missed him, she knew he wouldn't come back if he could, etc.
I'm glad that you got this comfort. I'm facing similar issues.. I had a TAH in February, I'm 34 and my husband and I had been trying to conceive for a few years when I got my dx. We're now looking in to surrogacy or adoption.. we'll probably end up doing both. It's still very hard to deal with not being able to have our own, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 10:31 PM

Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience. Yes, God does work in wonderous ways. He knows there are children out there that need someone to love and take care of them. God's plan is not always our plan ,but He knows what is best.

s
Unread 05-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Dear Summer:

Our first pregnancy ended in miscarriage, a child due in November 1987. In October 1987, we got a phone call about an 11-month-old girl who was waiting to be adopted. All that time, our little girl was already here, she just hadn't come home yet.

I hope your heart feels better soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 05-22-2007, 06:59 PM

All I can say is wow, what an amazing story.
Unread 05-22-2007, 07:44 PM

I am in tears, have chills and goosebumps. Thank you for sharing that story. God is amazing and if we wait with great expectation, He will show us amazing things. I just think of that woman and she felt that promt from God and acted on it. You would have missed a huge blessing if she had said "um, no God, I don't know that woman". She stepped out in faith and reached out to you. I love to hear stories like this because the next time He promts me, I will know to listen to Him and not to me.

Thank you so much for sharing this, I really needed to hear it tonight and say and a prayer for you and the journey He's taking you on.

God Bless,

Sandra
Unread 05-27-2007, 05:04 AM

Thank you all for reading my post and your responses. It truely was a magical and religious experience. I am back at work tonight, and what do you know, I have the same patient back and the wonderful family again. It doesn't always work that way. Anyway, the daughter came in again tonight and wanted to talk to me again. It was wonderful and of course ended in tears for both of us. She said that from the moment she met me she had a deep urge to speak with me and that the feeling didn't go away until she spoke to me about adoption and told me I would be okay. I still have some fears and am scared about surgery, but I have had a new found peace since she spoke to me last week. I can't say I fully except my fate as being motherless, but I have to say, I am more excepting of what is to come. good luck to you all, and may God bless you as he has blessed me. Summer
Unread 05-27-2007, 06:45 PM

I am so happy for you, Summer! Thank God for speaking, and how blessed you are to be open to hearing the message! You are going to be a wonderful mommy!

K7
Unread 06-01-2007, 11:11 AM
A blessing

Hi, I just read your post and it is amazing how God works! I am a believer as well and he has answered many prayers for us. It is amazing how he knows what we need to hear and puts that person in our lives to speak for him.

My husband and I were told we'd never be able to have children in 1993, shortly after we were married, we did infertility cycles that never worked, after about 7 years God led us down the adoption road and after 1 failed adoption we were blessed with our daughter from Guatemala who is 4 now! She is such a blessing and after all the heartaches and disapointments it was all worth it, God knew what he was doing and our prayers were answered. I look back on it all now and realize that we had to go throug the valley's to get to where we are now and how my relationship grew with him in the midst of all this.

I had a TAH on 4-11-07, I have never felt better and I wish you the best with your surgery and with your adoption if you and your hubby decide to go that route, it can be heart breaking as well but it will all be worth it. I have such a heart for these ladies I meet and such and they are so heart broken about not being able to have a child of their own or not being a Mother and I understand that and it breaks my heart as I know how they feel but there are other ways to be a parent and it brings so much joy as well. If you have any questions about adopting or anything please let me know.

Susan
TAh 4-11-07

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register