Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-01-2007, 02:04 PM
foggy brain?

my lavh was 5/25/07. i've not had any complications. today (day 8) i have a total swelly belly - much more pronounced than any other day. but what i'm writing about here is more the brain stuff. i can't concentrate on anything very long. it's like i have ADD or something! i bought a few books before surgery thinking i'd devour them. but i end up reasding a few pages and then i realize i'm not absorbing the text anymore. same w/TV. i can MAYBE make it thru a 30min show without also flipping thru a magazine or checking email. i wasn't this way before. is this common?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Had some pretty intense cramping yesterday with some bleeding, so my GYN wanted to see me. Asked if I had been good ie staying low. I rather sheepishly admitted to doing some laundry and dishes which set off the whole "your body is healing" lecture. Asked him if I could drive, he sighed and said for short distances only. Asked about a trip next week and he sighed REALLY hard and said he'd rather me not but if I insist , I'm to come in for an internal if there are any problems this next week. Still get tired easily but today am feeling somewhat more like "me"!
Unread 06-01-2007, 05:24 PM

Did the doc say what the cramping was from, diver?
I went to Target today with the kids. After about thirty minutes, I was feeling bad, and wanting to go home. My stamina is awful now. My right incision area was hurting too.

Still having pains when pooping. I sure wish all that would get its act together. I am tired of dreading going to the loo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 06:54 PM

Ok......I have question......I had LSH on 5/22/07.....that was 10 days ago. My dr said the little strips they put on my incisions should fall off in a week. Mine are still on and don't show any plans of "falling off" any time soon. Does anyone else have that problem? Should I take them off?
Unread 06-01-2007, 07:02 PM

I'm not a dr by any means, but with all my past surgeries, I was always told to just let them fall off on their own. Do you have a follow up appt soon, I would wait until then. But this is just my 2 cents.
Unread 06-01-2007, 07:24 PM

Thanks CJRunner.....my appointment is on Tuesday.....that will be 2 weeks from surgery....who knows, maybe they will come off by then.
Unread 06-01-2007, 09:02 PM

Thanks to all for your advice re: the bandage... Ran a bit of a fever today - probably felt worse today than I have since the surgery on the 28th... But I know it's temporary... And no - I'm not overdoing it because I'm not doing anything!!! Read, sleep, watch movie... eat, drink and p... that's it! One could go crazy like this (or get really used to it!)
Unread 06-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Day 10

Well today is day 10!!! I saw the nurse on Tuesday and they finally removed the cathader. I was so happy!!! I have to try and go pee every hour until I see the Dr. the 11th...I am not used to going that much! I can not have any caffine, carbonated beverages or !!! I miss my morning caffine rush!! I still get real at night and have bad cramps and pelvic pain. I have started getting hot flashes which concerns me, I has one ovary removed in 2002 and never had these problems until now. The dr. didn't want to take my last ovary due to my age. Other than going CRAZY being home all the time and not driveing I think the healing is getting along. I hope the Dr. will let me and maybe go back to work for a couple hours a week...(I do bookkeeping)

Hope everyones helaing is going GREAT!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Kerry
Unread 06-01-2007, 10:50 PM
tvh

Well its been since the 23rd. I have been feeling pretty good. But its weird tomorrow would be the day for me to have my period but yeahhhh I wont, but im feeling cramps on my side kinda like period cramps now how can that be. I do still have ovaries but I thought that not having a uterus that would be gone and they did take my fallopian tubes as well they were inflamed and filling with fluid. So is it just my imagination or what or just part healing still. I hope I still dont get cramps every month. I would think not. But other than that things are starting to be on the mends. Im thankful for all of you.
Unread 06-02-2007, 12:17 PM

Surgery morning of Tuesday May 22. Catheter out next day, discharged to Mom's on Thursday morning.
Still have ovaries and half of cervix - so had a Sub TAH.

Doing well, taking it easy and recovering. No problems getting "all systems go". Glad it is over, and glad I had it done!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register