Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Hi Scaredandonly30 - Sorry you had such a difficult complication. I guess things sticking to your scar tissue is a common thing....when I had my myomectomy 13 years ago, I had calcified fibroids and other fibroids that attached my bladder and uterus, and had been treated for a chronic kidney disorder (that no one realized was caused by this) for 7 years.
With my TAH, my bowels fused to the myomectomy scar tissue, and they had to resect my bowels, luckily with nothing more than increased abdominal pain, and a longer "Off Work" than I planned on. Glad you're managing the pain ok...just don't wait too long to take your meds....I tried to tough it out and stop taking something as often, just using motrin 600s, but its not worth it. Keep us posted on your recovery and progress...we're all here with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2007, 10:58 PM

Hey Little Lisa, yeah, I'm having the same bloating, cramping, problems with bm thing, and my TAH was on the 24th. Doc said to expect this because of the bowel resection, but I wish it would end. I am a big veggie eater, and have stayed away from all the gassy stuff, to try and reduce the symptoms, but yechhhh......
My biggest problem is Insomnia....I'm up almost all night, even my dog's schedule is screwed up, he stays up with me - I'm happy for the company, but he's a big dog and getting him outside on the lead line, or dealing with the "its 3:30am and I want to go for a walk" pestering is getting old....and DH not happy being woken up to help handle him. Poor baby.....his sleep is being interrupted! I'm not due for another visit to Doc till July 3rd...not sure if I should just tough out the sleep thing, or give him a call.

Thanks to everyone sharing book recommendations! Keep them coming!
Unread 06-05-2007, 04:17 AM

Add me to the list on insomniacs. I am so tired of it, it isn't like me. I used to be able to nod off whenever I wanted. Now I can't go to sleep at night. Last night I was up till 2 am. I just now got up and it is six fifteen. HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 07:02 AM

fellow insomniac here. i can't sleep day or night. i'm past exhausted. i'm delirious. or i was.

last night i took my 2 percocet b/c i was in terrible pain. then i took an ambien 10mg. the 3 worked together and i fell asleep within about 30 min. i guess. i slept 6.5 hrs. woohoo.

a friend suggested valerian root and melatonin but i don't have either of those handy.

at least i'm not alone in the insomnia. there's some consolation in knowing that other Sisters are experiencing the same.
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:03 AM
those suffering from insomnia...

I can not stress enough the importance of a sleep aid if you are suffering from insomnia. There is nothing, (to my knowledge) that interferes more with my general well being, then not getting enough sleep.
I personally use ambien cr. It is a two-fold type sleep aid. Half dissolves quickly to help you fall asleep fast, the other half helps keep you asleep. The only thing that wakes me is a full bladder or one of my children. It may comfort some of you to know that you will still be able to hear what goes on in your house. I was afraid, (having a DH who could sleep thru a BOMB going off right outside our bedroom door), that I would not hear if someone needed me...but that is not the case. Of course, everyone is different, so you should all be talking to your doctors about this...the sooner the better.
I initially tried melatonin. This is a natural supplement that is supposed to aid in creating a regular sleep pattern. Personally, it didn't work for me. Believe it or not, warm milk can be helpful too.
I'm not one to push pills...I don't think there is a magic cure for everything in the form of meds, however, I am starting to seriously believe that women, more so then men, spend more time caring for others, to the point that we don't tend to ourselves...this is our nature. However, there is no need to suffer. In my opinion, laying in bed, watching the clock, and thinking "If i fall asleep right now, I'll get 4 hours sleep, 3 hours, etc.", is probably one of the most unproductive, unhealthy, things we could do to ourselves. Let's face it ladies...it's hard to face the challenges of each new day, and meet our own expectations, when we feel like %$#!
Sorry for the rambling...It's just that I spent three years suffering from insomnia before I did anything about it, and it interfered with my life drastically.
Regarding any post op situations, I hope you all start to feel better, sooner then later. I think I have to move over to the Post op 3-4 weeks soon, as I was 2 weeks yesterday. I don't see my doc again till July 9th.
Take care ladies, be safe, stay sane.
Susie
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:25 AM

Insomnia seems to have passed for me, I fall asleep easily, but once I'm up that's it. Have been gradually adding in household stuff like light laundry and dishes. I agree with Susie on the sleep aid, it doesn't aid in healing or our wellbeing to be a zombie! Good luck everyone!
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:43 AM

Walked a slow 2/3 mile today and feel good. Working on writing grants today. Doctors appt. on Thursday. Steri-strips are still on. I just have tightness at the incision.

I agree with those speaking about Ambien, used it for several months now. I sleep like 'regular people' now.
Unread 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM

Dear Reddoc: Glad to hear you are on the mend. Keep up the good work.
Unread 06-05-2007, 09:14 AM

2 weeks today!! I see the doc on Thursday! I was feeling better until yesterday, I feel alot of pressure, pain and almost tearing feeling in my abdomin and groin area. I started haveing like a light period for a day or two, kinda concerned. Still can not sleep!!
Unread 06-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Hi everyone. New here, but I'll jump in. My super-cervical lap hyst was two weeks ago today. No steri-strips, op site bandages, etc. Just some general pain internally at the incision where they removed everything. I started having a light period about 3 days ago and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon apparently. Very annoying!

I have a post op appt today where I should get some more info.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register