Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Hello Everyone,

Whew............am I tired! I had my LAVH on Monday the 21st and was suppose to come home on Tuesday. Well that didn't happen due to my white blood count being extremely high and I began to run a fever. I finally came home Wednesday about 10am. I haven't really gotten my appetite back which means I haven't had a BM yet, but other than that no pain. I stayed nauseated even with the nausea meds and am having a hard time sleeping - Dr called in a sleeping RX. I tire out very easy and the night sweats are ridiculous. I have to constantly change clothes throughout the day because I'm soaked. I did get to keep my ovaries..........YAY and my Dr was able to get everything out vaginally with no cuts. He says my Uterus was twice the normal size. To top everything off, my aunt in New Orleans passed away this morning which I will not be able to attend the services so I ask for everyone's prayers in this time of hardship and recovery. Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2007, 05:43 PM

I had my LAVH on 5/22 surgery at 7:30 am and in my room by 11:00. Recovery so far has been fairly easy compared to some. I did have a couple of complications after surgery. They gave me percocet in recovery but I do not remember taking it. (Had I been coherant I wouldn't have taken it because it makes me vomit) Plus, I broke out in hives due to an allergic reaction to something.

I spent the night in the hospital and was discharged on Wednesday. I have had alot of gas pains but am taking GAS-X for it. I also have not had much of an appetite but I was able to potty a little today.

I went for my first post-op doctors visit. I was in alot of pain and totally exhausted by the time that I came home so I have slept the rest of the day.

Other than that, I think I am progressing well.

Prayers and thoughts to everyone else.

Calitta
Unread 05-25-2007, 06:00 PM

I had my LAvh/bso yesterday. I am home now. Very sore. My neck and shoulders are killingme. Taking darvacet and, frankly, I wish it was stronger. Not much bleeding. Not very hungry. Peeing lots and easily. Gas has not been much of an issue either but no BM yet. Didn't get much sleep last night -extremely rough time getting the right mix of pain meds. Hoping to get more sleep tonight. Glad it is over but was hoping I wouldn't feel so yucky still. Maybe tommorrow will be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2007, 07:10 PM

Hi all. I had my surgery on Wed. and just got home. I have the catheter still and that is no fun. I am just trying to rest and take it easy. We will see what dinner does to me tonight since I was still on liquid diets in the hospital. Diverchick...good to see you on this side. I am glad you are doing well!!!!
Unread 05-25-2007, 07:29 PM

Hello Ladies, I got home today after a TAH with a vertical incision on May 23. I had a wonderful team of surgeons and there were no real difficulties. They left my ovaries as planned but ended up taking my tubes due to what appeared to be scarring and fluid from an ancient infection I don't recall ever having. I got the catheter out yesterday morning and after a couple of painful dribbles was able to pee freely. I was walking as soon as that catheter was removed and I felt more than ready to go home. I was sure that i would be a complete mess. Of course now that I am sitting here typing this I am getting little tiny stabs of pain at the incision but that is likely cuz I'm not exactly sittling straight so I will go away from the computer now and put my feet up. Solid food is great and dammit so am I!!! I wish you all could feel this good!
Unread 05-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Pain In The Hip.....

hello everyone, thanks for all who have supported me. i had my hyst, bladder sling on monday. came home on wednesday. am doing well except for i have alot of pain in my hips. is there anyone else out there that has this problem? im wondering if its from the position that i was in during surgery, hormones or what. it seems to go away when i take tylenol. i really want to do stretches but maybe its too early for that.
Unread 05-25-2007, 07:30 PM

catch me next week when I have to take back every word I've said about feeling good!
Unread 05-26-2007, 08:32 AM
TAH May 22, home May 26th

Greetings ladies,

I came home yesterday afternoon from the castle after a TAH performed early morning on May 22. My first day was hard, I was confined to bed for 24 hours with auto pump narcotics for pain, a catheter, no food, except clear liquids. I slept most of the time. Next morning (Wednesday) they removed the catheter, left me on auto pump for a few hours after for pain. I got up and after 3 different attempts finally voided on my own. Started gas meds, stool softerners. Didn't start passing gass until late that night. I finally asked for the pain med pump IV to be removed and went to pain pills by mouth (Vicodin) every 4 hours with Motrin in between. I was still on clear liquid diet all day Wednesday. I slept a great deal but by Wednesday afternoon and all through the night I was up doing laps in the hall ways. I simply felt better moving. They dubbed me the hall monitor. Had a strange experience with someone who was admitted into my room that night that decided she was going to smoke in the room, became very combative with nurses, and was very demanding. I was on a general medical floor with mixture of all types of people. The woman was very uncooperative, ranting and raving, so I went for a walk to get peace, and sat in a chair, the fire alarms sounded in the hospital, and a social worker grabbed me and put me in her office, when she found out why I was in the hall, she took action immediately! The moved me to another room alone. The nurses continued to battle with that woman all night, who eventually left AMA at 4am. I slept well thanks to that social worker!

I had excellent care through the week, except Thursday morning I ended up waiting 1 hour for pain meds, and my pain went unbearable. Director of Nursing Services apologized and corrected everything. I stayed one more day, continued to do laps, began eating solid foods, and passing gas, no BM. My fiance from Scotland called every night, the doll. Then a group of friends from online in a virtual world I belong to, where I met my fiance sent me flowers that made me cry.

I was released Friday at 1PM, am very sore, finding I can get around ok, but am in great pain at incision site when I try to lay down, I am alone, and stuck to laying on my back only. I have a grabber and its come in handy. Support panties have helped with my walking, I no longer look 90 years old hunched over when I walk. But its very hot here so wearing the support panties is not comfortable. But I find I can sleep on my side in bed if I wear them. My incision is internal stitches that will melt held by steri strips on the outside, no leaking but lots of burning and pulling when I move. No bleeding. I had a TAH with full cervix removal. Finally had a normal BM with no straining this morning, the meds and my coffee are working!

Hope all the other sisters are healing well.

Dawn
Unread 05-26-2007, 09:12 AM

I've crossed over! I had my TAH BSO on Monday, May 21st, was released on the 23rd, and have been recuperating at home, sleeping away the days. Surgery went well, besides the cysts on both my ovaries (which we knew about), a fibroid on my uterous was also found during removal. Recovery was not the greatest because the vertigo I experienced after getting off a cruise two weeks before came back with a vengeance. Unfortunately the vertigo has remained with me, creating a bit of an issue with the pain meds and overall steadiness. Incision looks good, and I've been walking the halls of the house. Glad to get out of the hospital...roommate snored LOUDLY and moaned the rest of the time...wish I had added the earplugs to my bag. Am on double vicodins and prescription motrin, and hurt more yesterday and today than the two days after surgery. Finally had a BM yesterday morning...wowsie, that hurt! Not so bad today. I know...TMI! Hubbie and Son doing a fantastic job to keep me comfortable and taken care of. Have already had two friends drop off food to last us a lifetime. I am so blessed!

I hope everyone else is doing well. Stay the course...slow and easy!

Ok, back to la la land......my pillow is calling my name.....

Kathy
Unread 05-26-2007, 10:05 AM

I had a TVH at 9am on the 23rd, they left my ovaries. I was up and moving that evening ans kept getting woken up every few hours by eather the nurse or the tech. I came home the next morning and slept for 7 hours. I'm getting up every few hours and walking and drinking lots of water. I'm eating well and still waiting for my first BM. I am very gassy, but the waling helps. I'm sore, but no where near as bad as I thought I'd be. I gat tiered very easy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register