Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Tvh

Well dumb me I went back to work wayyyyyyy toooooo sooooon! Went back two days before the two week mark. ****! I was feeling pretty good then. well I worked four days last week overboooked myself big time had to cancell every one on thurs. but worked four hours on friday as well did some hair color weave and that was hard standing . So this week I did nothing and rested over booked myself today, but I woke up having some shooting pains tried laying on my left side and had like ripping pain from the pelvic to the belly button and thought mm. no bleeding at all I cant see my doc till next week, so I called the office and talked with nurse she said well your not working today or tomorrow and I talked to two docs here and they are wondering who the heck said you could work so soon. Im like mmmm me! So they are squeezing me in tomorrow. I was going to drive well my h drive to utah tomorrow I have a Heart doctor appt that I wont miss. But Im gonna fly instead I cant stand a six hr drive. But as far as the discharge Its like flesh pinkish color the nurse said it from them taking the cervix etc. But I do have some odor and it makes me crazy I shower and wash down there its a bit embarrasing. anyone else have that or is something wrong with me??? Still getting some pain alot around belly button and above bellybutton area more like stomach... now what???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

wmac: look under Hysterectomy Checkpoints here on Hystersisters.com. Look at weeks 3-4 and you'll read about that odor. it's normal.

I went back to work today. By 1 pm I was dying! I took a break and lay down for 2 hrs then worked again 3-6. It was a long day and I'm a total zombie now. Ambien take me away...
Unread 06-12-2007, 12:08 AM

I have a cold now and I am sure that I have done damage to my internal stitches. It now really hurts not just on my scar but my insides feel like they are going to fall out.

Still having a day time sleep and having some hot and cold sweats, doing the house work, as hubby is in exams (no wonder my insides are sore).

My periods would have been due any day now which is kinda weird.

I am finding it really hard to focus on anything for more than 2 minutes.

The biggest bonus so far is the bladder sling. I really thought I didn't have a problem before but let me tell you that I have not leaked once with this cold.

And my tummy tuck doesn't look any different due to my swelly belly.
take care and big hugs

TVH, bladder sling, and tummy tuck 22nd may
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Good morning ladies

It's been hectic here, so I haven't been on for a while. I just read thru the posts I've missed for the last couple of days and wanted to throw my two cents in.
I'm feeling good regarding my hysterectomy, but I'm still being tested to see if I had a mini-stroke or if something else is wrong with me. I quit smoking for three days after my "episode", but I'm smoking again now. I went to my doctor yesterday and got a script for Chantrix, and started it today. I'll let you know how that goes.
I've experienced quite a bit of itching at my naval incision site, so I'm using Caladryl to control it. I was in the store with DH and just went nuts...lifted my shirt and started scratching away...didn't even care that I probably looked a little batty, but that's how badly it itched! The caladryl is working. The rest of my incision sites are healing nicely...the bruising on the left is almost gone. Just a lovely shade of yellow/green now. It's getting there.
I still have to pee frequently, and I think I'm done, and pee some more. Can't seem to empty the bladder completely in just one shot. I am drinking a lot of cranberry juice too, as I am prone to UTIs and don't wish to get one, so that could be contributing too to the frequent urination.
No discharge or odor yet, but I was three weeks post-op yesterday, so that could change. I haven't spotted at all since Friday, and that was brief and most likely due to the doctor in er pushing on my belly.
I'm doing great on the vivelle dot (though I did hear from a woman who was taking it that had FOUR mini-strokes before her doctor realized it was the HRT making her have them and pulled her off of them!) In any event, no hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats. Only complaint would be minor headaches and they are more of an annoyance than my migraines were, so no big deal for me.
I'm doing all my normal household choirs again. Cooking, cleaning, laundry. I still have my oldest carry the baskets up the stairs, as the heaviest thing I've lifted is my 18lb corgie, and even that seemed like too much. My vacuum weighs a lot too, so I have the kids bring it to the room I need it in before I use it. Things are slowly getting back to normal.
I hope any of you that are suffering will start to feel better soon. It seems like most are experiencing a lot of "normal" pains and such. I'm thinking of you all.
Take care, be safe and stay sane.
Susie
Unread 06-12-2007, 08:26 AM

Susie...I didn't realize what had happened! How very scary. Keep us posted on everything. And I had to chuckle at you scratching away! I"m feeling pretty good here, but have been doing my best to not overdo it! Anyway...stay well and you're in my prayers!
Unread 06-12-2007, 09:11 AM

Hi, I had a TVH with A & P repairs on May 25th. I had quite a bit of discomfort for the first week and took Demerol to help. Since Day 10, I've only taken ibuprofen a few times after either standing/sitting too long or walking up and down stairs a little too much. I'm just starting to do little things around the house - I can wash dishes (no heavy pots), and have put clothes in the washer, 1 piece at a time, if I have someone lift the basket onto a table first. I was never a napper, but I sure need one at least every other day. Today was a big day - my son drove me to the grocery store so I could help pick out some groceries - no lifting or pushing for me though. I feel like I'm making progess. One day at a time.
Unread 06-12-2007, 12:05 PM

Firs to all the sisters trying to quit. I noticed that there are several and someone had mentioned chantix. It will help I am now smoke free since Feb.23, 2007 there are side effects of it constipation is one of them. It knocked the cravings right out there are none.
My mother just got a prescription for herself.
The cost is a big factor for many it is around $113.00 right now.

wmac- Only you can smell it when going to the bathroom or undressing to shower. I too am tired of it. My DR. said it's mostly stitches and healing.

Lavh- any news on your labs yet?

endoblue- if you start chantix make sure to get the refills done. I actually dropped back to 1 a day after the starter package. and made sure to get refills just to be sure. I wish you much success if you need to chat i'm here.

Happy healing to all, you are in my prayers daily.

Happy Day,
Cherrill

Unread 06-12-2007, 12:46 PM

Good news, I can quit the Miralax. Continue to be amazed at how good I feel. Am having some menstrual type cramping, not sure what that is, so I"ll keep my eye on those. Know it's not Aunt Flo! Hope things are going good with everyone else!
Unread 06-12-2007, 12:48 PM

jstducky: thanks for asking. I did get my path. report. Still showing dysplasia. :-(
I started a thread on the Cancer Concerns forum instead of going into detail here. Thanks again for your concern.
Unread 06-12-2007, 01:42 PM

Yay Diver!!! Just make sure you eat fruits and veggies and fiber, and drink a lot of water to help 'move it along'!

I have the crampy feeling in my guts too...makes you wonder if it is like amputees who have 'phantom' pains when their leg is amputated...maybe they are the same type of pain?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register