Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007 Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Unread 06-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates May 21-May 28,2007

Good Morning Everyone!!
I had a very busy day yesterday that kept me on my feet most of the day. Today, I woke up with a pain on my left side below my incision that feels like a knot. I hope it goes away. I intend to stay off my feet today and see if that helps.
They weren't kidding when they said that you take one step forward and three steps back.

You all take care of yourselves today and take it easy!! Remember the princesses must be pampered!!

Darlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2007, 06:50 AM

I know UTI"s are common after the surgery, but i had IV antibiotics in the hospital followed by a 7 day course at home and now 3 weeks later, I think I have a UTI...wouldn't you think that amount of antibiotics would keep it all at bay? Anyone else have antibiotics and get a UTI? I know I have to call, I feel a lot of bladder pain and some pain when I go...but I don't wanna go in! Other than that, am feeling pretty good and will start walking. I've been hesitant to do that because I have gotten light headed in the past when I overdid it and didn't want to be out and get dizzy!
Unread 06-14-2007, 06:57 AM

Hi Everyone

I am three weeks down the line and only now entering the hysterfold! I too did loads yesterday (well loads for post op recovering wreck) and today I can hardly raise the energy to get off the sofa! Its really unsettling - feeling great one day and then barely awake the next. Had hideous pain in my side last night - like stitch but worse - beginning to subside now. Still there is always photos to put in albums!! Not had any UTI sympoms yet but who knows - that could be the next challenge to await me on this mystery tour of recovery!

Hope all doing OK and take car of yourselves

Abbarules

TAH virticval incision for one massive (Dr words not mine!) fibroid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2007, 07:17 AM

Hey diverchick, I too am dealing with a uti. I think i had mine from a day or so after our surgeries on the 23rd. 3 weeks ago!!! Yeahhhh! anyway, my dr. put me on antibiotics, really bother my stomach. I told them i felt something was not right and they blew it off as my organs and bladder trying to re-position itself. Yeah, you would think that all those antibiotics would have kept it away? who knows. you better call.
Unread 06-14-2007, 08:06 AM

little lisa...you'll love this one. Called the urogyn office. The same lady who told me I had to hurry in to have my sling checked when I called my first week (she gave me bad info, and the urogyn got upset with her), anyway she told me it's from the surgery and normal. I told her I still wanted it run by the doc, I know something is not right, I can feel it. I figure if I get nowhere with her, I'll go to the GYN. Love my urogyn, some of his staff is something to be desired!
Unread 06-14-2007, 08:32 AM

Hi All... It has been a while since I have posted. I am actually back at work week 4. I had no choice with no more days off and no Short term disability. But with that said... this week is the best yet. Weeks 2 and three were awful. I finally got my bowels right, cleared the UTI, thrush, bladder spasms and upper respiratory. So many issues packed into a short amount of time. So I am proof that it does get better and you will feel better. My husband always jokes that I am a doctors dream (because I seem to always be plagued with something). I have never felt so light, pain free and relaxed. I hope you all join me feeling well soon.
Unread 06-14-2007, 07:38 PM

I'd be curious if you all think you have a UTI, and it doesn't turn out to be one. After surgery *and catheter) on 5/23, had knife like pain in left lower side while peeing once i was home. Called in and got antibiotic and pyrethine to dull pain. Did entire course of cipro. Pain evolved to middle lower area, feeling like bladder is gripping while peeing. Just finished a 2nd course of different antibiotic, and learned that last week's urine test was normal = no UTI. Now what? I normally drink a lot of water (its healthy!) and this is making me unconsciously dehydrate so I don't have to hurt while peeing! Any similar circumstances? Any chance this is going to dissipate?
Unread 06-14-2007, 08:37 PM

Hi All
Readyornot- I too don't have a UTI but still have the pressure sometimes. Has anyone tried cranberry juice yet? I haven't but I'm not sure if it will help either. I was catherized twice while in the hospital. Could that have had some effect?
Unread 06-14-2007, 09:07 PM

Hi all...checking in after another week has passed...just over 3 weeks post-op, and getting better with each day. Have been a wimp and gone very slow with what I am doing. I still have not driven the car yet, mainly because I continue to have mini-vertigo moments (vertigo developed after the surgery - delayed getting out of recovery for an additional 4 hours).

Infection on the incision is healing nicely thanks to antibiotics. Have gone grocery shopping a couple of times, continue with my walks, and enjoying the time away from work. Swelly belly still persists, and the twinges and pains remind me of when I have overdone it. I have to keep reminding myself not to bend over...ouch!

Insomnia continues, but not as bad as last week. Have virtually eliminated the vicodin, and am down to one motrin a day. Have been taking the vitamin cocktail to eliminate hot flashes, and it has been helpful. Since no HRT the supplements are coming in handy.

I hope this finds the rest of you recovering well. By the way, I have tried cranberry juice when I had a UTI before the surgery and it was helpful. The juice needs to be 100% concentrated juice. Supposedly it produces acid in the urine and prevents bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder.

Kathy
Unread 06-14-2007, 09:23 PM

had tah 5/22 was doing good until i got a nasty incision infection. it is draining and really really sore and irriated .had a couple of bouts with bad HEAVY bleeding with large clots hoping that is over but not sure they come and go almost nervous to go out .i'll be gald when i get back to old self again.
dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register